Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 07:53 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Nice try OP but this is what Bernie said.

“Residents of Baltimore’s poorest boroughs have lifespans shorter than people living under dictatorship in North Korea. That is a disgrace.”

But twist it in what lies that help you and the other conservatives sleep at night.
unfortunately for you, there's a video.

Bernie Sanders visited Rep. Elijah Cummings district in 2015. He was shocked by what he saw.

"You would think that you were in a third world country," Sanders said. "We're talking about a community in which there are hundreds of buildings that are uninhabitable."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 07:57 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The Leftist media as usual won't publicize his comments or make much of it. They instead will focus on smearing Trump.
Wait! Wouldn't that make democrats total hypocrites? Wow? who would have guessed?

Like I always say:

Conservatives hate what people do. Liberals hate who people are...

Old 07-29-2019, 07:58 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,529,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Sooo, cummings is a disgrace, worse than Kim jong?
Nice reach but no.
So he’s pointing out that no one in this should have to live in poverty.. and??

Old 07-29-2019, 07:59 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But he didn't tell Cummings to 'go back'.

just saying....Trump chose to personally attack Cummings telling him to 'go back' and fix Baltimore.

Trump doesn't tell Sanders to go back to Vermont, PElosi to go back to San Fran...even though Trump complains about San Fran......
Saying go back to Baltimore is now racist?

Quote:
Trump chose to personally attack Cummings
Responding to persistent attacks is also now called attacking.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:00 AM

732 posts, read 390,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Ahhh, the all encompassing “go back” phrase.
Note to self: “go back”= racism
“Rat infested”= black people.
Anything else?
"teens"

Old 07-29-2019, 08:01 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
So he’s pointing out that no one in this should have to live in poverty.. and??
the OP said Bernie called Baltimore a third world city.

you said that was a 'twisted lie.' it was not. so, you were the one that lied.

now you want to squirm around about 'living in poverty'

Old 07-29-2019, 08:03 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Mayor Catherine Pugh made disparaging comments about the city of Baltimore while she was mayor. None of the poverty pimps whining about Trump had a word of criticism for Ms. Pugh, however. No surprise there though. Ms. Pugh checks all the right demographic boxes and most of all she has a shiny and sparkly (D) behind her name.

In fact, even when Ms. Pugh resigned in disgrace due to corruption, these same Democrats didn't have much pointed criticism for Ms. Pugh. So the self-righteous manufactured outrage from these awful leftists is pretty much laughable.
Here is the thing Ms. Pugh isn't on the same level podium El Presidente is on. She is and was scrutinized by the public she deals with, those being the citizens of Baltimore. It wasn't national until Trump felt the need to attack Rep. Cummings,a longtime and well respected member of Congress. In fact, as progressive as he is, he wanted BLM to work WITH police rather than work against them like many on the right think BLM does.

Rep. Elijah Cummings is a federally elected person but responds to his district. That said he works on the federal level, the city he lives in is often forgotten about unless you are talking sweetheart pork. I have to wonder why people complain about elected officials in other districts and states. I realize I did this this past week with Senator Lee and Senator Paul, but it is more vocal about those standing up to the president.

As for El Presidente, he is scrutinized at a federal level because he is the president. Trump is in a national post and thus will get national coverage. Everything he says is managed by any and all publications rather than a few local ones like former Mayor Pugh, Rep. Cummings or even the Senators I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You put some effort into your post, and with links! You are misguided however.

The Left began this war with their stated mission to overpower our borders to increase their numbers with black and brown people as you state. This scheduled migration hasn't gone unnoticed. You see a day where it's possible to outnumber whites with your imports and procreation rates of the underclass. This goal has been posted here a million times by many members.

Why would you and the Democrat leadership think this effort would go unchallenged? Why would any nation tolerate a push to take their country over in such a manner?

Apparently you people thought noone would have the nads to stand up and push back. Amiright?
I didn't state that black or brown people were pushed to the boarder. Where the actual **** did that tripe come from. Because I can tell you, I. Did. Not. Say. That. What I did show was that there is clearly racially charged comments by Trump and it is a pattern of it. If he isn't racist, he is a race-baiting racial opportunist. The problem is those that follow him either don't care to see what it is in front of them because of the inconvenience of the truth, too stupid to know it or believe it hook line and sinker themselves.

I don't care if Trump has the stamina to stand up and push back. His problem is he cannot handle when he is. I mean has he attacked a white Congressional Representative the way he has gone after the Squad or Elijah Cummings? No. And there is a LOT of fair criticism of Speaker Pelosi that isn't sexist. If he did that I might actually agree with him. I think Pelosi is corrupt and should have been put into the La Brea Tar Pit by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Trump really is a master of managing the media.

The Democrats were busy grandstanding about the plight of poor, hapless, migrant children living in "inhumane" conditions on the border.

Guess what they're NOT talking about now? Trump pretty much completely flipped their narrative by shifting the focus back to the plight of AMERICANS.

Let's talk about the failure of the left in practically every major city in America.
This is something I say all the time. Trump played the media perfectly in 2015. Fox didn't give him a fair shake during the primaries because they felt he would pull everyone else down. They under-estimated the racist conspiracy theory deplorables created by the demogauges in the modern day conservative movement. Say what you want about Buckley and Buchanan, at least they had decorum when taking down the left. Imagine that from even Ann Coulter today, let alone the Becks, Joneses, Lahrens or McEnanys. The only one who is even close is McCain's daughter who is a dolt in her own right.

CNN prior to the nomination fake to Trump. The would have Kayleigh McEnany, Jeffery Lord and a few other conservatives on as talking heads to defend Trump. Hell, CNN have Trump an interview virtually every week or two. Name a Republican candidate or even a Democrat they did that for in 2016. The closest was Bernie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Agreed-

I LOVE the fact that Trump is not intimidated by these left wing nut jobs and their calling everyone a "racist". The traditional republican ran and hid in a corner when dems pulled out their PC weaponized language.

Trump is not afraid of the liberal BS and will state facts without fear. It is refreshing to have a president who is not intimidated by left wing thugs.

We are seeing the defeat of weaponized PC language by Trump and a return to common sense. When you cannot state simple facts without being attacked, you have entered the realm of a totalitarian regime.

Libs- you are the American totalitarians and simply fail to take a moment of introspection and look at how liberalism has become a weapon used to limit free speech and intimidate, just as Stalin intended.
The problem with free speech is what free speech is being used for, not the free speech itself. People want the right to say what they want to say but not deal with the consequences of such action. You may have the right to say the n-word word but do not take offense if you are called racist or Honky, if not punched out. You may have the right to say anything on social media, but it might come back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I thought presidents were supposed to unite people, not divide. Trump just wants to be the center of the news and steer the story away from his failures. Maybe you can tell me what good his statement does going forward.
Exactly. Trump couldn't do that to save his life. The only people to really vote for him in New York or New Jersey are rednecks (or as they are called in upstate NY, woodchuck); Wall Street wonder boys; or Long Islanders fearing city liberals. He just got more out in 2016...

Old 07-29-2019, 08:07 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,529,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the OP said Bernie called Baltimore a third world city.

you said that was a 'twisted lie.' it was not. so, you were the one that lied.

now you want to squirm around about 'living in poverty'
Because he did lie. And I didn’t use the word twisted so now you lied too.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:12 AM

17,616 posts, read 6,900,826 times
People actually drive around Baltimore with white oval stickers that have a black rat on it along with the letters "BALT." And Trump is "racist" for stating the obvious?

The left really has gone off the deep end.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:12 AM

26,480 posts, read 15,063,045 times
Quote:
Nice try OP but this is what Bernie said.

“Residents of Baltimore’s poorest boroughs have lifespans shorter than people living under dictatorship in North Korea. That is a disgrace.”

But twist it in what lies that help you and the other conservatives sleep at night.
Covering up for racism is racism in and of itself, you racist.

Bernie Sanders' quotes on Baltimore:
Quote:
"Anyone who took the walk that we took around this neighborhood would not think you're in a wealthy nation. You would think that you were in a Third World country."

"But today what we're talking about is a community in which half of the people don't have jobs. We're talking about a community in which there are hundreds of buildings that are uninhabitable."

"Residents of Baltimore’s poorest boroughs have lifespans shorter than people living under dictatorship in North Korea. That is a disgrace."
https://www.baltimoresun.com/politic...207-story.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-world-country

The good people in this thread are renouncing Bernie Sander's racism. It is time for you to end your racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies