U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 11:02 AM

21,308 posts, read 10,270,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Not sure where you’re coming from, unless you’re one of those who think that the Democratic Party is “anti-white”.

Peace be with you, in any event.
Some of the Democratic politicians are indicting white males, so there's that.

Then there's the issue of some very racist black folks who are Democrats.

I don't know if Trump is truly a racist. I wonder about that because 1) he put up a homeless black woman in one of his buildings at no charge to her and 2) hired a black female and put her in charge of his foundation - both years before he started running for office. I don't think a racist would do either.

I think he's biased and ignorant and stereotypes groups of people. He also communicates and responds to things like a child. I have NO respect for the guy.

But I also lost respect for Hillary Clinton back in the day when she said the toughest crime bill that would ensure black males being incarcerated was necessary 'because they're super predators who need to be taken to heel.'

Now THAT is racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 11:03 AM

48,748 posts, read 45,822,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I agree with the above. He's uncouth and crass. I wouldn't invite him to a bbq or dinner party because he's a slob who doesn't know how to conduct himself in a proper manner.
I just want your perspective. Why do you think there are so many people rising to Trump's defense regarding his crass behavior? Just from your opinion.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:03 AM

23,703 posts, read 12,507,533 times
Once again -- simply put.

Trump may very well be right about conditions in some parts of Balitmore.

BUT the reason he brought it up, the way he brought it up, why he brought it up and how he told Cummings to 'go back' were all wrong.

WRONG...there is no way to spin that his motives were childish, mean, spiteful, hateful.

Yes Baltimore has some really bad areas. And yes something should be done but let's not pretend this President cares until it is time to use that information to hurl insults at someone for criticizing Trump's immigration policy.

Motive counts.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:05 AM

10,245 posts, read 12,055,759 times
CNN is milking this for all it's worth: Talking non-stop... calling the President "racist" and touting Cummings as some kind of wonderful guy. The truth is: Most Baltimore residents do NOT want Cumming there... as he has done nothing for the residents.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:06 AM

2,147 posts, read 449,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Yes, it’s the truth.

The money originated from the Shah in a deal to buy military aircraft. When the Iranian Revolution occurred, we cancelled the deal. Are we supposed to pocket the money forever because the Shah was overthrown?
OF course.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:07 AM

46,228 posts, read 18,302,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user491 View Post
I agree that Baltimore is a mess, but why should a Congressman bear responsibility for that? Isn’t that the fault of state and local politicians instead? I’m not seeing how the federal govt. is responsible.
He bears responsibility when he shills for improving the welfare and lives of illegal aliens over that of his own constituents, who, BTW, are American citizens and who BTW are in worse conditions than those that King Elijah speaks of at the border.

Bam

Old 07-29-2019, 11:09 AM

46,228 posts, read 18,302,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
CNN is milking this for all it's worth: Talking non-stop... calling the President "racist" and touting Cummings as some kind of wonderful guy. The truth is: Most Baltimore residents do NOT want Cumming there... as he has done nothing for the residents.

And those idiots are doing exactly what Trump wants them to do too. They are too clueless to get it.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:09 AM

10,245 posts, read 12,055,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Cummings and his wife have padded their bank accounts as most career politicians do
A complaint has been filed with the IRS regarding Cummings wife.

BALTIMORE — A government ethics watchdog has filed a complaint with the Internal Revenue Service against a charity run by the wife of Maryland Congressman Elijah Cummings.

The complaint was filed on Monday by the National Legal and Policy Center against the Center for Global Policy Solutions, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headed by Maya Rockeymoore Cummings, the Congressman's wife.

Its main purpose, they say, is for the IRS to investigate whether "its organizers are getting fat off the grants."

Rockeymoore Cummings is also President of a similarly named for-profit consulting firm called Global Policy Solutions, LLC., which has listed the same address and phone number as the charity.

According to the complaint, public tax records show that both entities received millions in health policy grants and contracts from the same groups and organizations, including the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation from 2007 through 2016 and the General Services Administration in 2017.

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/local...lijah-cummings

Old 07-29-2019, 11:10 AM

2,147 posts, read 449,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Donald Trump continues to do all he can do to divide this country. He is a cancer on America.
Actually he is pointing out the cancer in America, some of which happen to be black, while others, Hillary, for example, are European American. What they have in common is that they are all a cancer on the country.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:11 AM

16,028 posts, read 8,921,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I've been telling my wife for sometime that I'm waiting to hear about a riot (prob NYC) as the weather gets hotter and now that Al is involved I'm heading to Vegas to place some heavy money on a riot before the Sept 1st.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

President Trump on Monday blasted Rev. Al Sharpton as a "con man," claiming he "hates whites & cops," after the MSNBC host said he would travel to Baltimore amid the controversy over the president's comments about the city and its Democratic lawmakers.

Sharpton tweeted Sunday evening that he would travel to Baltimore to "address Trump's remarks & bi-partisan outrage in the black community" over them. Trump responded by slamming Sharpton, saying they have known each other for decades and used to attend fights together. But the president did not pull any punches when weighing in on Sharpton's character.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...imore-heats-up
This says it all:

“Trump says I’m a troublemaker & con man,” Sharpton added. “I do make trouble for bigots. If he really thought I was a con man he would want me in his cabinet.”
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-calls-a...131351275.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or