U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 11:18 AM

27,275 posts, read 9,332,510 times

Advertisements

If it looks to people like Trump is winning !!!

Its b/c he is !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 11:20 AM

9,951 posts, read 2,771,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Once again -- simply put.

Trump may very well be right about conditions in some parts of Balitmore.

BUT the reason he brought it up, the way he brought it up, why he brought it up and how he told Cummings to 'go back' were all wrong.

WRONG...there is no way to spin that his motives were childish, mean, spiteful, hateful.

Yes Baltimore has some really bad areas. And yes something should be done but let's not pretend this President cares until it is time to use that information to hurl insults at someone for criticizing Trump's immigration policy.

Motive counts.
Maybe.

But I find it hypocritical Baltimore leadership and corporate investors are piling on. They have been fanning the flames of extreme poverty.

When the underarmor CEO and his lackey Curry jump on board, or the do nothing congressmen who let their city rot jump on twitter to get brownie points, it makes my blood boil.

Maryland use to be my home. I never lived in Baltimore, but I've been there many times. From PG county to Baltimore to the lower rungs of DC the population has been left to die as the business centers have gentrified leaving more suffering in these communities.

Corrupt mayors and corporate leaders colluded to allow this, it was no mistake.

So excuse me if I don't care about their self righteous preaching.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:20 AM

14,678 posts, read 22,555,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
A whole lot of people, myself included, are really sick and tired of many years of being bullied by libs into having to be so PC (politically correct) in public. Being PC doesn't help anyone and just covers up the real problems in our country.

Yes, Baltimore is a rat-infested dump and very dangerous to live and walk around in. IMO Trump is criticizing the awful conditions of that city, and yes, politicians like Cummings should stop seeking Trump's impeachment (BTW what a HUGE waste of time and resources!!!) and protecting the rights of illegal aliens in our country, and instead be putting his energies towards making Baltimore a better place for his constituents. The Democratic party has really messed up priorities. They are still so upset with Hillary losing, that they are not doing their proper jobs by looking out for the best interests of the American people.

Let's fix our broken cities of Baltimore, Chicago and Detroit and clean up those dangerous areas, and fix the homeless populations in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle (to name just a few) first before worrying about the how to keep the illegals here.

Trump is shaking up the political system and giving us true changes, unlike Obama's broken promises.
Could not have said this better myself, thank you, and all the leftover positive vibes to Gilroy California.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:24 AM

16,071 posts, read 8,937,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Why didn't he attack Birmingham as a hellhole? It ranks higher in violent crime than Baltimore. Oh, yeah, that's in a red state.

Why didn't he attack Memphis, Tennessee, another violent hellhole that ranks worse than Baltimore? Yep, another red state. The same with St. Louis.

He attacked Baltimore because A, it's a blue city, and B, Elijah Cummins, who has been very vocal in his criticism of Trump, is a representative of that city.

You guys put on your blinders and then complain that you can't see.
Well said.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:25 AM

7,203 posts, read 5,048,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems very odd that the left immediately calls Trump a "racist" for saying Baltimore is a dump. It is- have any of you been there? How is calling a place that is a dump "racist"? Can one no longer speak the truth in the eyes of modern day leftists? If you don't acknowledge a fact, can a problem ever be solved?

Is calling parts of Appalachia a dump "racist" as well? The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, but many parts of Appalachia are dumps- trust me- we hike there all the time. The North Carolina area can actually be pretty wealthy, but far eastern TN, far western VA and WV can be pretty dumpy. Racist?

MANY of these congressmen go on the attack and are so focuses on partisan political issues, that they neglect their own districts and what can be done for them.

Instead of wanting open borders and freebies for illegals, why don't Cummings and AOC focus on helping their districts, which obviously need a lot of help. Are they neglecting their duties as Congressmen?
Not sure of what his motive was, so I can't say he was racist or not, but I can say that Trump pretty much bags on any person, place or thing that dares to disagree with him.

In one breath, he tells brown people (all US Citizens and public servants) to go back to the dump they came from, and to fix those areas. In the next breath, he calls Baltimore a dump, but offers nothing to fix it, just wants to stir up hate and controversy.

Any one thing he does in isolation makes-not a racist, but things don't happen in isolation. If you look at his trends, he is most surely a racist, but I do believe his motives are not as much racist, as they are "win at all costs", and using anyplace that is of different mind than his base as a scapegoat is a strategy he has done over and over again. His base is mostly white (sure, there are some people of color), so he picks on places that are obviously mostly not white. Call it whatever you want, I can tell you this much though. His motives are all about DJT, not USA.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:27 AM

23,789 posts, read 12,542,227 times
But the fact you 'feel' bullied is your feelings.

Within 24 hours of Trump winning the Presidential election, I had Republican friends who were now claiming to be victims because people were trashing Trump and that made them feel bad.

That was on them.

None of us had said anything about their vote.

I am as likely to vote Republican as Democrat depending on the candidate, issues, etc....but becaue I don't like Trump I have been called mentally deranged by folks who don't agree with me.

I don't feel bullied. I get that in order to justify their opinion some have to hurl personal insults. I find it divisive, childish, ineffective in changing an opinion and not likely to be an intelligent defense against the policy position I posted.

But I don't like Trump so I'm deranged.

Trump 's issue with Baltimore, not that he described the reality but why he did, the way he did, the motivation, the lack of empathy concern...just frustration and anger...like a child.

I get it -- his feelings were hurt....but that's when you take your assistant vent for 20 minjutes and then tweet a counter argument on your policy.

So what if they attack his person...he's the President, he is suppose to be doing better.

And this --I'm tried of being PC or not being able to say how it is -- you can say how it is without being rude, arrogant, insulting, childish,.......

That's the problem -- most of the folks that are tired of not being able to speak their mind...it isn't what they say but how they say it.

Trump's outburst was wrong.
Not what he stated about Baltimore -- but how and why he did it was wrong.

And he still hasn't defended the policies that Cunningham was criticizing.

It makes it look like Trump has not reasonable defense and that's why he lashed out like a child.

The only reason Trump fans tolerate this kind of behavior is because they want a Republican in office. If it was Pelosi having tantrums like this and attacking poor Republican cities with rat infestations.......conservatives would be going crazy.

It isn't right.

We want adults running our country, not a child who gets a bruised ego and lashes out personally at those who challenge his policy decisions.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:31 AM

7,329 posts, read 2,597,975 times
House Republicans Plan Annual Retreat in Baltimore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.a8b500bcc11d

33,646 posts, read 14,177,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Right. None of this had anything to do with Cummings running off at the mouth over our southern border crisis.
Take your pick, he could dispute the border criticism or criticize the subpoena, instead he resorted to ‘your district stinks”, very immature adult behavior.

36,135 posts, read 10,745,816 times
Good. IOW, Trump is sick of Sharpton's showboating.

So are many people.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:33 AM

3,089 posts, read 1,084,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontuz View Post
Politically it's a deep blue area for long. Will democrats fix it or continue to grow rats, rodents? Too many rats could bring plague epidemic. LOL.
Last I checked Baltimore was in the USA. Maybe the President of USA should help the situation there and ALL rat infested areas in our country that are found in BOTH Red and Blue Districts.

But we know you are just here to troll and couldn’t careless about any of those rat infested areas of the Red,White and Blue USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or