U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 11:36 AM

6,524 posts, read 3,618,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Take your pick, he could dispute the border criticism or criticize the subpoena, instead he resorted to ‘your district stinks”, very immature adult behavior.
This whole debacle is cut and dry as far as I’m concerned.

Cummings: “Trump, your border policy is disgraceful”.
Trump: “shut up and clean up your own backyard”.

Simple call and response. Don’t start no crap there won’t be no crap. Cummings is in no position to criticize others when his own district is so historically screwed. But he opened his mouth, vomited criticism, and then received some right back. That’s how that whole thing works. *shrug*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 11:37 AM

21,330 posts, read 10,286,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I just want your perspective. Why do you think there are so many people rising to Trump's defense regarding his crass behavior? Just from your opinion.
And I also should have added that in some cases, posters ARE racist and may be happy if they think Trump is directing his comments to black folks.

We see racism from both white and black posters here, so that shouldn't be discounted in any debate.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:41 AM

9,988 posts, read 21,246,348 times
Sad thing is GOP continues to miss real opportunities to teach voters outside their base. Truth be told I don't think Democrats do well running cities. Things like Trump's rodent tweet reinforces view most Blacks have that Democrats are only option.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:46 AM

5,102 posts, read 1,005,603 times
Bernie Sanders is perhaps most trustworthy when you have Bernese Mountain Dog (boy) named "Sanders".

Old 07-29-2019, 11:46 AM

12,412 posts, read 3,359,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I know you asked MP the question but I’m going to take the liberty of adding my own answer.

There are two kinds of people who become politicians:

Clean cut guys who speak eloquently, make grand promises to their constituents, make a big show of looking busy, but never get a god damn thing accomplished;

And there’s Donald Trump. Loud, too-proud, cartoonish, blustery, antagonistic, downright obnoxious ... and making good on his promise to Americans to make them top priority once again. He’s not graceful, he doesn’t speak eloquently, he’s not dashing ... but he puts Americans first, in a time that so many other politicians are selling us and our country away to the highest bidders.

Trump is what you get when Americans grow tired of the graceful do-nothing pretty boys of DC. He didn’t get my vote in ‘16, but I’m not complaining too much.
He could still put Americans first without being antagonistic, obnoxious, etc.

^^^^^ Wouldn't you prefer that he do that?

Old 07-29-2019, 11:48 AM

6,524 posts, read 3,618,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
He could still put Americans first without being antagonistic, obnoxious, etc.

^^^^^ Wouldn't you prefer that he do that?
I would prefer that he be far more diplomatic, yes. Absolutely.

That said, he is what he is. A jerk who takes care of business.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:01 PM

12,236 posts, read 6,793,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Trump has a history of using the term "infested" and associating it with only black and brown things.
I have not read all the posts but if no one has brought it up yet, Trump referred to the (very white) state of NH as a drug infested den.

So there you go. Crudely overstated and exaggerated in both cases, but NOT racist. Also Baltimore and NH do have their problems but using words like "infested" "den" and "mess" - just overblown Trumpie speak. Again, NOT racist. It does bring a jolt of attention to the issues though.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:02 PM

529 posts, read 100,099 times
Best thing to ever come out of Baltimore was Bill Hell’s used cars, I recommend looking it up on you tube if you haven’t seen it (don’t watch it at work lol)

Old 07-29-2019, 12:10 PM

5,578 posts, read 6,957,435 times
I am a life long NYer and old enough to remember "Rev" Al during his fat jogging suit wearing days. Trumps description of him is spot on. He is a professional race baiter and hustler
He still owes back taxes and libel payments to an ex assistant DA from his Tawana Brawley fiasco decades ago.
I am still waiting for his promised war on recording artists to get the N work out of hip hop songs after the firing of Don Imus.

In NY he was like the black Mafia Don. You gave him some bucks and voila you got coverage against blacks rioting in your area and got black political support for whatever project you wanted done. So of course Trump knew him and hung with him. That is how business was done. Pay off the politicians and protestors. Remember Clintons were recipients of lots of political donations by Trump. Got to pay to play.

Now Al is a little more professional and uses a front called the National Action Network.

Of course Al would try to get involved somehow in Baltimore. He will try to make some coin from it. Glad to see Trump call him out.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:11 PM

7,509 posts, read 2,705,569 times
Donald Trump could be right. Con men can usaully recognize other con men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or