U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 01:09 PM

15,596 posts, read 7,980,434 times

Advertisements

Honestly I thought it was just his regular ignorance and not racist.

He said the same thing about Atlanta when another black man - Representative John Lewis, said something he didn't like.

He often lashes out and says idiotic things because he's an a$$hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 01:10 PM

34,764 posts, read 29,227,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's not odd. It's what Liberal do. They're intellectually devoid so whenever they don't like what they hear, they scream, "Racism!" or "Racist!"

If you said the Moon was round and white, yellow or orange in color depending on Moon Phase and location in the sky, Liberals would scream, "Racism!" because it disparages squares, triangles, heptagons and octagons and it's not inclusive of the other colors.
Nah.... it's really not like that. I think Fox or Breitbart or whatever rag ya'll keep getting this from is dangerous.

He's a racist. It's very clear that he's a racist. He's also an elitist. So unless you're as wealthy as him, he really doesn't like you, either.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:11 PM

506 posts, read 189,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems very odd that the left immediately calls Trump a "racist" for saying Baltimore is a dump. It is- have any of you been there? How is calling a place that is a dump "racist"? Can one no longer speak the truth in the eyes of modern day leftists? If you don't acknowledge a fact, can a problem ever be solved?

Is calling parts of Appalachia a dump "racist" as well? The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, but many parts of Appalachia are dumps- trust me- we hike there all the time. The North Carolina area can actually be pretty wealthy, but far eastern TN, far western VA and WV can be pretty dumpy. Racist?

MANY of these congressmen go on the attack and are so focuses on partisan political issues, that they neglect their own districts and what can be done for them.

Instead of wanting open borders and freebies for illegals, why don't Cummings and AOC focus on helping their districts, which obviously need a lot of help. Are they neglecting their duties as Congressmen?
If he had called both Baltimore and parts of Appalachia as dumps and places where no one would want to live then that would not have made him a racist. But targeting only places that have more presence of one race? Yeah, can't get away with it.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:11 PM

1,643 posts, read 1,612,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user491 View Post
I agree that Baltimore is a mess, but why should a Congressman bear responsibility for that? Isnít that the fault of state and local politicians instead? Iím not seeing how the federal govt. is responsible.
I'm not seeing it either.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:12 PM

37,689 posts, read 16,330,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontuz View Post
Politically it's a deep blue area for long. Will democrats fix it or continue to grow rats, rodents? Too many rats could bring plague epidemic. LOL.
Dems have, and will continue to run Balt. It is up to THEM to fix the mess they created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Honestly I thought it was just his regular ignorance and not racist.

He said the same thing about Atlanta when another black man - Representative John Lewis, said something he didn't like.

He often lashes out and says idiotic things because he's an a$$hole.
I think that him not being considerate enough to think about the population of a city before he says hateful things is racist, though. Not actively, but definitely passively.

He doesn't care enough about the people in those cities where most people didn't vote for him to think "am I calling a predominantly-black city a 'dump' and risking that being taken the wrong way?"

Not very much of a deep thinker, that guy.

Pretty much just an ass.

506 posts, read 189,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nah.... it's really not like that. I think Fox or Breitbart or whatever rag ya'll keep getting this from is dangerous.

He's a racist. It's very clear that he's a racist. He's also an elitist. So unless you're as wealthy as him, he really doesn't like you, either.
That is going to hit a lot of people real hard when this (bold part) realization hits them. Sad!

Old 07-29-2019, 01:15 PM

29,597 posts, read 16,612,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

just saying....Trump chose to personally attack Cummings telling him to 'go back' and fix Baltimore.
So, "go back" is the new racist phrase?

Who would have thought....

Old 07-29-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Again there are some that are mad at what Trump said. But facts are facts. Baltimore is a rat infested dump!!!
Is it okay for a US President to say that about a US city?

Nope.

Baltimore has problems, no doubt about it. But, is he thoughtful in his approach to bringing this up and does he care?

Nah... he is just out to take shots at Cummings.

He doesn't give a damn about Baltimore or Baltimore's residents. Just about attacking Cummings.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:19 PM

29,597 posts, read 16,612,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
It isn't racist for anyone to say it.

Last I went to Baltimore it seemed ok. Maybe its gotten worse.
Their murder rate is only #2 now behind St Louis and ahead of Detroit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or