U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-29-2019, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
22,019 posts, read 10,591,730 times
Reputation: 20926

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Ask your President.
Our president can't do anything about the condition of our cities.

You, too, need a basic civics class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I'm black and I don't get the racist thing either. Trump didn't even say anything about race. I'm from the DMV and I tend to agree with Trump. Besides the downtown harbor area near the Ravens Stadium, many parts of Baltimore are run down and beat up very badly. Don't see what race has to do with anything.

Also, isn't it more telling how white folk associate "rat infested" areas and assume it's about black people?
How about the black folks making the same association?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2019, 02:18 PM
 
3,048 posts, read 997,822 times
Reputation: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Flaming racist Bernie Sanders is done. If Democrats are anything it is fair and consistent. Bernie Sanders on the campaign trail from the previous election cycle called Baltimore a 3rd world country city.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-world-country

His campaign is now over that Democrats will have heard this. I guess Native-American Elizabeth Warren will pick up his voters.
Interesting. Flaming racist for having a personal opinion that Baltimore is a 3rd world country city. Everyone has an opinion about everything. So this means everyone is a flaming racist? LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 02:19 PM
 
5,247 posts, read 1,988,285 times
Reputation: 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Thatís not reality. Thatís your own personal psychosis.



It is reality. All you have to do is open your eyes and it is there in plain sight. Choosing to look away and ignore it does not make it reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
10,441 posts, read 2,924,923 times
Reputation: 2779
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Interesting. Flaming racist for having a personal opinion that Baltimore is a 3rd world country city. Everyone has an opinion about everything. So this means everyone is a flaming racist? LOL.
I think the OP is being ironic, as to mock those who call Trump racist under the same standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 02:21 PM
 
5,247 posts, read 1,988,285 times
Reputation: 4989
Trump represents the worst in people and caters his message to those traits. He is both vile and loathesome. He is the lowest of the low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 02:21 PM
 
10,718 posts, read 12,255,097 times
Reputation: 6828
The Liberals are putting the last nail in their coffin. America now knows Cummings turns a blind eye to his district, while feasting on expensive dinners in Venice, with the likes of Pelosi and Omar. Meanwhile Baltimore residents are squashing cockroaches and rats, as big as chihuahuas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 02:24 PM
 
1,630 posts, read 397,007 times
Reputation: 2430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontuz View Post
Politically it's a deep blue area for long. Will democrats fix it or continue to grow rats, rodents? Too many rats could bring plague epidemic. LOL.

Splinter from the Mutant Ninja Turtles will fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Haiku
5,116 posts, read 2,861,952 times
Reputation: 7460
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems very odd that the left immediately calls Trump a "racist" for saying Baltimore is a dump. It is- have any of you been there? How is calling a place that is a dump "racist"? Can one no longer speak the truth in the eyes of modern day leftists? If you don't acknowledge a fact, can a problem ever be solved?

Is calling parts of Appalachia a dump "racist" as well? The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, but many parts of Appalachia are dumps- trust me- we hike there all the time. The North Carolina area can actually be pretty wealthy, but far eastern TN, far western VA and WV can be pretty dumpy. Racist?

MANY of these congressmen go on the attack and are so focuses on partisan political issues, that they neglect their own districts and what can be done for them.

Instead of wanting open borders and freebies for illegals, why don't Cummings and AOC focus on helping their districts, which obviously need a lot of help. Are they neglecting their duties as Congressmen?
So what? The left gets outraged at Trump, the right gets outraged at anyone who calls Trump a racist. It is all part of the political game of who can be the most out-raged. None of it is logical nor has to be logical, it just has to generate headlines. The winner gets the White House in 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 02:26 PM
 
49,513 posts, read 46,330,301 times
Reputation: 15687
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think in some cases, the people saying the statement wasn't racist (which I also said, by the way) doesn't mean they're defending his crass behavior, they're just saying the comment wasn't racist. In other cases, they ARE defending it saying that's just the way he is.

But the reason people are either defending it or ignoring it, is because of blind party loyalty that almost everyone is guilty of these days. Most people will never admit any wrongdoing or take the approach that 'yeah we can and should do better than this' when it comes to their party or politician of choice.

And the outcome is - we have dregs for politicians. We've lowered the bar because people are unwilling to find fault with their own.

We're getting what we deserve on both sides of the aisle.
Well, this is how I see his statement. He was being a petulant jerk. Granted, Cummings was not doing much better by engaging in a feud with Trump. This started over some comments about the border wall. Trump could have stood up for himself regarding the wall. He didn't need to go on about Baltimore. The comments had nothing to do with Baltimore. I do think Trump said because he wanted to give a crass, petulant response. Calling Baltimore a dump had nothing to do with the border wall. He could have said "this border is necessary to national security, so quit race baiting". Instead, he went on a rant about Baltimore.

I don't do blind party loyalty. One reason I voted for Gary Johnson rather than pick from Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump. I could have voted Republican had it not been Trump. I have voted Republican before. Now, when some people ask "why do Blacks vote Democrat so much" or "Black people are brainwashed by Democrats", that makes we want to have blind support for Democrats out of spite. But even I know that isn't good for me.

I agree with you that alot of people on both sides have blind party loyalty. Alot of party loyalty is really just tribalism on steroids. Party loyalty has played a role in lowering the bar for Presidents. I agree with you on that part. I want to add more. In my opinion, there is another factor in dregs for politicians. Some people actually like that President Trump behaves in a crass manner. Some persons like that he says alot of things that are uncalled for. I'm remember when Trump tweeted: "Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!". I have every reason to believe that kind of comment is racist. Trump was basically race baiting in the comment.

I conclude with this. Trump claims that Baltimore is far worse than the border. If this is so, why is Trump seem so much concerned about the building the wall than doing anything about Baltimore? And this is considering Trump has talked about both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2019, 02:27 PM
 
49,513 posts, read 46,330,301 times
Reputation: 15687
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump represents the worst in people and caters his message to those traits. He is both vile and loathesome. He is the lowest of the low.
I cannot say that I disagree with you. At the very least, I think his crass and petulant mindset often resonate with the lowest of the low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top