Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 08:54 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
To add insult to injury, the cops took over an hour to arrive and take a report, and had the gall to give them grief for “leaving personal items in their car”. My friend later said she told the snarky officer that she was sorry; where she came from people didn’t prey on others and that she was unfamiliar with the defense mechanism required to eat dinner out in Baltimore.

They had to go buy a car seat and enough clothing and toiletries to get them back home; the trip completely ruined.

How racist of me to recollect this travesty!
When I first moved to Baltimore to go to law school, I had almost the exact scenario play out. My car was broken into and my laptop was stolen. When the cop arrived I was lectured on how stupid I was to leave my laptop in the back seat of my car. He was right, but my stupidity should not be a license to commit crimes. This was 20 years ago and I haven't left anything visible in my car since. But, as noted above that still hasn't mattered as my car has been broken into multiple times while sitting outside on my parking pad. I even have video surveillance, which doesn't even deter them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 08:55 AM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
You should read your own article. Even the author admits that it's only a few months of data showing this decline and that it doesn't mean that it is a trend. In fact, I cannot even understand why this article was written beyond anti-Trumpist idiocy.
That poster is a flaming hypocrite telling you to update your sources when he/she is posting a two year old link to support his belief. He’s ignoring my post, using a link within his link that contradicts his claim.

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Oh relax. Did I call you a racist? No I did not.

Secondly of course there will be more rats in cities. So your link proves nothing

As I said you believe that no such areas exists in Republican led white majority areas?
You are trying mightily to change the subject from the condition of Baltimore, aren't you?

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Orkin's list of the top-50 "rattiest cities" are just about all (if not all) run by Democrats!

Nothing "racist" about it. Facts are facts. Take a look at the list:

https://www.orkin.com/press-room/rattiest-cities-2018
Of those 50 cities, I could only find three that I think ?? weren’t run by democrats. And most of them have a loooooong history of democrat control.
Sad the media won’t expose this.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Actually, Baltimore's idiotic politicians are the last people who will admit there is a problem. They haven't done ONE SINGLE THING to address the increased crime since the riots. They're all Democrats who are catering to their incredibly naïve and stupid base who think Trump matters more to their quality of life than crime, squeegee boys, homeless panhandlers, taxes, and infrastructure/road construction. I won't even get into the recent ransomware debacle.

The politicians running this city, all of whom are Democrats and almost all of whom are black, are the worst collection of incompetent ideologues I've ever had the displeasure of encountering. Their response to Trump's tweets has been more organized and efficient than anything else they've ever done on any issue.
Why you had to point out they were black is surprising,

Why not just say the local politicians are not willing to face the problems.

And all of what you said -- doesn't defend Trump's attack on Cummings.

It defends your views of Baltimore.

Trump implied Cummings isn't doing enough.

First of all -- he's not the local politician in charge of local matters...he's in Washington DC.

And he's as responsible for doing nothing as our President is.

oh our President is white....and he's no help. (not sure why I had to make sure to point out that out but it seemed important to you the color of the skin).

Old 07-28-2019, 08:57 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
And how many white politicians did Trump make fun of? Sleepy Joe Biden, Lying Ted Cruz, low energy Bush.

He wants to build a wall to define our border and limit illegal entry. Many countries have the same.

Pointing out the failings of an administration of a city that has fostered a bad living condition for years for its residents is racist? Maybe it is the city administrators that are racist for allowing their residents to continue living in deplorable conditions.

Trump has a mouth and likes to attack, but he is an equal opportunity offender.
Could the following statement be considered racist? (Yes or No)

Omarosa is a dog, Maxine Waters has a low IQ, Lebron James is stupid, African countries are sh--holes, all immigrants from Haiti have AIDS, people in Nigeria live in huts, Puerto Ricans want everything done for them, non-white US citizens should go back to countries where they came from, black cities are disgusting and filthy, there are good people in the KKK.

And if you answered "Yes" then Trump could be considered a racist.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:57 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Trump is such a horrible nasty person. I don't know how any decent person could support him. Then again, maybe none do.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:58 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
San Francisco is #5 on the "rattiest cities" in America. So yes, it is extremely rat-infested as well. San Francisco also has a tremendous problem with human excrement left everywhere on the street. Another Democratic-run "utopia."

Don't let facts get in your way though!

https://www.orkin.com/press-room/rattiest-cities-2018
Still waiting for an answer to my questions

Do you think that there are no Republican led Districts with white majorities that have the problems listed?

If the answer is yes, will the President call them out and use same language for them?

Old 07-28-2019, 08:59 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
When I first moved to Baltimore to go to law school, I had almost the exact scenario play out. My car was broken into and my laptop was stolen. When the cop arrived I was lectured on how stupid I was to leave my laptop in the back seat of my car. He was right, but my stupidity should not be a license to commit crimes. This was 20 years ago and I haven't left anything visible in my car since. But, as noted above that still hasn't mattered as my car has been broken into multiple times while sitting outside on my parking pad. I even have video surveillance, which doesn't even deter them.
I feel for you. Good people have tried to clean up Baltimore and make it a great city once again for a long, long time now. It’s too late. It’s utterly rotten - from the boarded up neighborhoods to the hoards of little animals out doing their best to bring it down to the politicians too crooked to give a damn. Baltimore is disgusting.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:00 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Politicians of both parties have been "saying" things way too kindly about cities like Baltimore for several decades. This clearly has not worked.

Time to try a different approach.
It could be if this whole thing was about Trump wanting to implement policies to help improve the community.

It isn't and never was.

It was about Trump trashing the community to get back at an elected official who is to represent at the FEDERAL level on FEDERAL matters the community.

It had nothing to do with Trump's deep concern for the city.

So his calling as it is to get back at someone who criticized Trump policies is not a different approach...it's a child whose feelings got hurt and who hits back because he doesn't have the words to fight back at an adult level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies