Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 10:51 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
When they invent and make up the next thing to accuse racism. When you are racist you see racism everywhere. The Democrats are the ONLY ones talking about race ALL THE TIME.
YUP

And they ignore Bernie Sanders like the plague because what he said about Baltimore completely destroys their fake narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 10:52 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Didn't Trump say during his inauguration speech that he wanted to help improve inner-cities?

Why doesn't Trump do something to help the people of "rat-infested" Baltimore instead of talk badly about it?

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
To answer the question the OP posed: It is racist because he, the president of the United States (yes, you read that right) called an American city 'infested' and a place no human would want to live. IOW, he is saying that Black people are not human and they infest Baltimore. That is called de-humanizing. Further, we all know what is to be done when our homes are infested with vermin. We call an exterminator. Yes? What happens when leaders start calling human being vermin? Think about it--I already answered for you in this very reply...
wow. good job of completely ignoring that he said ‘RAT-infested’.
which it absolutely is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Baltimore _IS_ rat infested. But it is you who equates infestation with black people. Perhaps it is you who are racist.
excellent point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
If you would read the article you would know why but we all know that is too much to ask.
I did read it.

Why aren't you calling Bernie Sanders a Racist? Oh yeah we know. He's a Democrats.

i.e. Double Standard.

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Why are illegal immigrants a bigger issue several thousand miles from the border? Baltimore’s issues are decades old, and trying to connect it to illegals is a pretty weak play. If someone wanted to play a race card, it would land better blaming the blacks who have been in Baltimore far longer.

But the thing is, the moms, parents, etc. would rather have been out of the violence entirely. Baltimore cops have policed the same crimes in the same places for decades.

I don’t see the border connection.
You are grossly mis-informed.

Cummings as a member of Congress MADE THE BORDER STATEMENTS 1st.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:53 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Well, I’ve always said that Baltimore is grimy but there are nice parts. The issue with Trump is that he reserves certain language for areas with certain groups of people. That’s why people take issue with him.

Personally, Trump and those who support him are exposing to the world the real picture of the U.S. Now people see the red/blue split. Now people see the hypocrisy.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:53 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
I visited New York City about 15 years ago, there were rats all over Manhattan and the Bronx.

Maybe somebody will throw that back in Mushroom Donny's face LOL

Old 07-28-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
You used to live there? Do tell.

I did, from 2012 - 2014. My old Baltimore address is still on my drivers licence. I moved to be closer to a DC based federal government contracting job. Never had any problems at all and I would have no problem moving back. Really enjoyed my time there, one of the best time periods in my life.

While obviously not 100% guaranteed, like many major cities staying out of drug infested inner city neighborhoods will greatly increase your chances for safety. The whole city is not like that.
"The whole city is not like that."
Trump did NOT say it was, did he?

Old 07-28-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Didn't Trump say during his inauguration speech that he wanted to help improve inner-cities?

Why doesn't Trump do something to help the people of "rat-infested" Baltimore instead of talk badly about it?
Why aren't you calling out Elijah Cummings who's represented it for 30 years FOR NOT talking about it. Because of Trump WE are talking about it. It's only the Democrats who are trying to shut it down by saying racism in every other breath.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
Baltimore is a majority black city and majority runned black city. So in the eyes of many trump is labeled a racist for saying Baltimore is a dump. Since trump is critiquing Baltimore, thus he is critiquing black people. If a white person is critiquing black people, than automatically that white person is a racist.

Good post, now let's reverse it.
Since cummings is critiquing Trump, thus he is critiquing a WHITE person. If a black person is critiquing white people, than automatically that black person is a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies