Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 11:25 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,034,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The 'Who Cares' was in reference to who originated the gripe, but you knew that didn't you? Actually, reading these comments, I'm starting to wonder if you all have the brain capacity to understand basic arguments!

Places like Baltimore are crap holes because the Democrats, who have controlled them for decades have run business and job opportunities out of town with their policies. So, in that regard, everyone living there, who wants a job and who wants opportunity should care and start voting these poverty pimps like Cummings out of office.
How did Democrats run all the manufacturing out of town? Explain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 11:28 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,351,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How did Democrats run all the manufacturing out of town? Explain
I'm from St Louis, and we saw the same thing there.

The Democrats, once they gained control of the municipal government, raised taxes on industry and business and increased regulations to the point that businesses moved out of the city and into other areas. In addition to this, nationally, we had busing, which exacerbated white flight, leaving only poor people, usually black in many areas. So, you had a situation, where jobs left, and the schools were left in disarray.

Old 07-28-2019, 11:29 PM

32,904 posts, read 12,191,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Elizabeth Warren finds it very frustrating that you don't like her traditional native recipe of Cold Omelets with Crab Meat, which she submitted to the Pow Wow Chow Cook Book as a member of the Cherokee tribe.

Old 07-28-2019, 11:32 PM

32,904 posts, read 12,191,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

Where does this nonsensical idea come from: a President is suppose to be representing everyone ?

I haven't been represented by a President since JFK, over 50 years ago !!!

If people want to be represented they can get on the Trump train !!! If not welcome to reality !!!

Its fairly clear why he said it !!! He saw a big mouth racist committee chairman abusing his authority and bullying a member of his admin. in law enforcement and blaming them for dealing with a situation he can fix as a member of congress but won't !!!
He wasn't conducting oversight !!! He was demonizing, dehumanizing, and passing the buck onto someone he won't support that is doing the best they can with a problem he's done nothing to fix !!! As a member of congress he needs do his job on a national level and in his district !!!
You don't know who in Baltimore is going to vote for him and that isn't the issue anyway !!! From the looks of it the lady in the earlier video living in Baltimore saying Trump is right might well vote for Trump !!! What has she got to lose ? More of the same from the failure Cummings !!!
Do you consider yourself to be a patriotic person ?

Old 07-28-2019, 11:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,758,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Have you ever considered the possibility that you're just wrong?
There is no way that I could be. The issue I see is so many think that people dont want to see it either because they are racist themselves, just like mocking the libs, siding with your hometeam or just plain ignorant. You really think Trump isn't saying race-baiting comments? You really don't think he has said enough that he isn't racist? There is a LOT of proof of it. If you dismiss the proof, I can't convince you it that you are wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial...f_Donald_Trump
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...swomen/594295/
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...mments/588067/
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-...-explains-why/
https://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonw...racist-comment
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-he-was-227358
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ist/985438002/
https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/122708...racism-history

Old 07-28-2019, 11:56 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,089,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Where does this nonsensical idea come from: a President is suppose to be representing everyone ?
If it's as you say, why bother with the farce of electing a leader of the entire country at all?

I now have no party since the Republicans have become something I don't want to officially be associated with. A not insignificant number of people (38% according to Pew) are now independent and it's trending towards increasing still.

Even through all the Democrat presidents while I was Republican, I still felt overall like they were supposed to represent us all as a country despite differences. Now we are at a place where I can no longer say that because President Trump doesn't act like the president of all.

I am tired of all the Republican vs. Democrat nonsense. At this point I think they both need to die off if we are to have hope of healing somewhat at least, though it's certainly not a given. I worry for the future of my little girls in such a broken country. Hopefully it will end up better than I imagine.

Now I'll just wait for someone to come along and call me a liberal or Democrat again, since goodness knows that's what some assume if I am not on board with the Trump train. Maybe I'll get called a martyr again for wanting an adult as president. Good times, these days.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:03 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,210,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
It shows how weak Trump is. He's mad at the man so he attacks his city. Its like in middle school when you don't have a come back you say ,"your mom."
Quite the opposite. The President'is being criticized by a man whose district is a mess, and it is a mess. He knows it's a mess, and even Bernie Sanders compared it to a "3rd World country" (Dec. 2015). Cummings has done nothing to clean it up. It isn't as though Cumming's district isn't as the President described it. It's exactly as the President described it.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:12 AM

17,334 posts, read 6,683,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
If it's as you say, why bother with the farce of electing a leader of the entire country at all?

I now have no party since the Republicans have become something I don't want to officially be associated with. A not insignificant number of people (38% according to Pew) are now independent and it's trending towards increasing still.

Even through all the Democrat presidents while I was Republican, I still felt overall like they were supposed to represent us all as a country despite differences. Now we are at a place where I can no longer say that because President Trump doesn't act like the president of all.

I am tired of all the Republican vs. Democrat nonsense. At this point I think they both need to die off if we are to have hope of healing somewhat at least, though it's certainly not a given. I worry for the future of my little girls in such a broken country. Hopefully it will end up better than I imagine.

Now I'll just wait for someone to come along and call me a liberal or Democrat again, since goodness knows that's what some assume if I am not on board with the Trump train. Maybe I'll get called a martyr again for wanting an adult as president. Good times, these days.
Sorry you've bought into all the lies and smears of the DNC and the media. It's understandable though. You're probably popular now with that crowd.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:13 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,080,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What does racist even mean anymore? It's basically just a leftist stutter.

Trump puts attention on people and things that need it, I see no problem with what he said.
Racist! they proclaim!! It like a liberal turrets. The Dims are fighting a losing battle over a provably rotten city run by their failed leaders. Another Detroit.

If it weren't for its proximity to Washington, it would be even worse.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:15 AM

17,334 posts, read 6,683,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Who cares? Probably people who live in Baltimore. I understand that Baltimore has alot of problems, including corruption. Many people in Baltimore understand this, as they are the ones that live there. However, when the President of the USA, who is suppose to be representing everyone, makes disparaging comments about a city someone lives in, that person will likely take it personal. Why would I vote for a President if he or she makes disparaging comments about the place I live in? Explain.

And furthermore, did Trump really need to say that about Baltimore? What is necessary? Are his comments going to get anyone to improve Baltimore? Is it going to make anyone in Baltimore want to vote for him? What was the purpose of his comments?
Mayor Catherine Pugh made disparaging comments about the city of Baltimore while she was mayor. None of the poverty pimps whining about Trump had a word of criticism for Ms. Pugh, however. No surprise there though. Ms. Pugh checks all the right demographic boxes and most of all she has a shiny and sparkly (D) behind her name.

In fact, even when Ms. Pugh resigned in disgrace due to corruption, these same Democrats didn't have much pointed criticism for Ms. Pugh. So the self-righteous manufactured outrage from these awful leftists is pretty much laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies