Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 08:17 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,087,080 times

Advertisements

Here is a sad fact. We have areas all over our country where many Americans are living under horrible conditions, with unemployment, drug abuse, crime, low education are their normal state of lives. These Districts are led by Democrats and Republicans, these Districts are majority white, black and Hispanics.

When I hear our President single out Democratic led Districts which are mostly minorities as “ crime infested, hell holes that no one wants to live there”, while at the same time never using those terms on Republican led white Districts. Well that sounds like what a Racist person will do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 08:18 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,641,806 times
I don't think its any more racist than U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar said "our country should be more fearful of white men."

In fact, i think Omar's statement is more racist...

Old 07-28-2019, 08:19 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,442,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Isn't Baltimore part of the America Trump thinks he can make great again? His hat should have MWAGA on it.
Part of being a leftist is a complete disconnect from reality so they never have to blame their beliefs, policies, or themselves for the destruction they cause. It's a mental weakness.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:20 AM

17,420 posts, read 6,759,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
You used to live there? Do tell.

I did, from 2012 - 2014. My old Baltimore address is still on my drivers licence. I moved to be closer to a DC based federal government contracting job. Never had any problems at all and I would have no problem moving back. Really enjoyed my time there, one of the best time periods in my life.

While obviously not 100% guaranteed, like many major cities staying out of drug infested inner city neighborhoods will greatly increase your chances for safety. The whole city is not like that.
ive lived here in Baltimore for 20 years. It is a dump and it's gotten markedly worse since you left in 2014. I'm trying to get the hell out of here. In fact, I'm flying to Tampa tomorrow to take the FL bar exam on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:21 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,277,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
I'm a liberal and I don't like rap music (I like country music)....not everyone thinks alike. I don't know why you are putting everyone into the same box.
She actually wasn't, the person who called her a racist because she doesn't like rap music was. Their reasoning was that you must like what black people are known for creating and liking or you hate black people. Absurd, right? If a black person mentions that they don't like country music do people automatically call them racist? No, they chalk it up to cultural differences. Very fair...not.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:21 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,268,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't think its any more racist than U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar said "our country should be more fearful of white men."

In fact, i think Omar's statement is more racist...
Actually hers was truthful. I definitely fear a mass shooting at my church or movie theater perpetrated by an angry white male more than I fear violence from an illegal or Muslim, personally....

https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...-shootings-an/

Old 07-28-2019, 08:23 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,635,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Here is a sad fact. We have areas all over our country where many Americans are living under horrible conditions, with unemployment, drug abuse, crime, low education are their normal state of lives. These Districts are led by Democrats and Republicans, these Districts are majority white, black and Hispanics.

When I hear our President single out Democratic led Districts which are mostly minorities as “ crime infested, hell holes that no one wants to live there”, while at the same time never using those terms on Republican led white Districts. Well that sounds like what a Racist person will do.
It’s not RACIST racist, but that damn sure doesn’t help his cause. I have no idea if Trump is racist - personally, I think the only color he cares about is green - but I’ll be damned if he doesn’t walk himself straight into these things.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:24 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,442,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
ive lived here in Baltimore for 20 years. It is a dump and it's gotten markedly worse since you left in 2014. I'm trying to get the hell out of here. In fact, I'm flying to Tampa tomorrow to take the FL bar exam on Tuesday and Wednesday.
How is it in the inner harbor these days? I heard it's even getting bad down there. Any truth to it? I used to enjoy the aquarium and the restaurants there.

Good luck on the exam.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:25 AM

34,172 posts, read 18,460,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Isn't Baltimore part of the America Trump thinks he can make great again? His hat should have MWAGA on it.
Trump's policies have helped to make Black Unemployment the LOWEST in history. The condition of Baltimore is more due to its inhabitants, Mayors over the years, and political hacks like Cummings who know they will get the vote no matter what.

So, yet again Trump and all his supporters are racist. That's all you have, keep it up and LOSE is 2020.

You may want to take down that shrine to Hillary in your basement. You know the one with all the Chardonnay bottles around it.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:29 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,268,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump's policies have helped to make Black Unemployment the LOWEST in history. The condition of Baltimore is more due to its inhabitants, Mayors over the years, and political hacks like Cummings who know they will get the vote no matter what.

So, yet again Trump and all his supporters are racist. That's all you have, keep it up and LOSE is 2020.

You may want to take down that shrine to Hillary in your basement. You know the one with all the Chardonnay bottles around it.
Parroting right wing talking points. How cute.

You may want to update them

https://www.latimes.com/business/hil...521-story.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies