Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 08:29 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,450,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Has Trump called a town in Appalachia a "dump"? Have we all missed that? That's one of his strong voting bases, so no, no matter how dumpy and meth riddled it is, I don't believe he's called them a "dump".

And a follow up question, has another sitting president ever - ever - called an American city "a dump"?
Now, now, don't go getting all factual with these people, they want to get their hate on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 08:30 AM

17,399 posts, read 6,734,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
How is it in the inner harbor these days? I heard it's even getting bad down there. Any truth to it? I used to enjoy the aquarium and the restaurants there.

Good luck on the exam.
I live in federal hill just south of the inner harbor. There are routinely roving packs of black teens who rob, assault, and carjack the people who live here. There have been too many beatings of tourists at the inner harbor to count. There is no punishment for the primarily juvenile bad actors - they are released if ever apprehended, which is rare.

The cops have stopped policing since the Freddie Gray riots, and who can blame them? The liberal extremists running the city have made it perfectly clear that they have no problem ruining the lives of cops for doing their jobs. The idiot voters of this town keep electing the same clueless morons just because they have a (D) after their name.

Here's an example of how mind-numbingly stupid and out of touch the Democrats who run this city and live in it are. Last week a mom and her FIVE MONTH OLD baby were the victims of armed robbery at 1 pm outside of the Shoppers' on Fort. Keep in mind this is supposed to be one of the nice neighborhoods. That evening, our city councilman was attending a symposium on "The Rise of White Supremacy in South Baltimore." I wish I was joking but I'm not.

The unhinged liberals around hate Trump far more than they hate what has happened to this city over the past five years. It's amazing to watch, but my tolerance for living among it has ended. These idiots can have it because I am voting with my feet.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:33 AM

19,965 posts, read 8,868,980 times
Baltimore is a dump, you are safe nowhere in the city, even the tourism areas.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:34 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,450,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Baltimore is a dump, you are safe nowhere in the city, even the tourism areas.
This is untrue and you don't know want you're talking about. I know because I walked back from the Inner Harbor to my sisters home, at night, and never once felt threatened. Her entire neighborhood is blue collar and completely safe.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:35 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,440,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I live in federal hill just south of the inner harbor. There are routinely roving packs of black teens who rob, assault, and carjack the people who live here. There have been too many beatings of tourists at the inner harbor to count. There is no punishment for the primarily juvenile bad actors - they are released if ever apprehended, which is rare.

The cops have stopped policing since the Freddie Gray riots, and who can blame them? The liberal extremists running the city have made it perfectly clear that they have no problem ruining the lives of cops for doing their jobs. The idiot voters of this town keep electing the same clueless morons just because they have a (D) after their name.

Here's an example of how mind-numbingly stupid and out of touch the Democrats who run this city and live in it are. Last week a mom and her FIVE MONTH OLD baby were the victims of armed robbery at 1 pm outside of the Shoppers' on Fort. Keep in mind this is supposed to be one of the nice neighborhoods. That evening, our city councilman was attending a symposium on "The Rise of White Supremacy in South Baltimore." I wish I was joking but I'm not.

The unhinged liberals around hate Trump far more than they hate what has happened to this city over the past five years. It's amazing to watch, but my tolerance for living among it has ended. These idiots can have it because I am voting with my feet.
Jeez. Sorry to hear. Well, good luck going forward.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:36 AM

34,159 posts, read 18,441,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Parroting right wing talking points. How cute.

You may want to update them
They are facts. Which one's aren't true? Black unemployment isn't at historic lows? The Baltimore city leadership, and their elected representatives shouldn't be held accountable for Baltimore's poor condition? They are all Democrats by the way.

What's cute is that you ignore reality and live in the land of rainbows and unicorns.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:37 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,555,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems very odd that the left immediately calls Trump a "racist" for saying Baltimore is a dump. It is- have any of you been there? How is calling a place that is a dump "racist"? Can one no longer speak the truth in the eyes of modern day leftists? If you don't acknowledge a fact, can a problem ever be solved?

Is calling parts of Appalachia a dump "racist" as well? The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, but many parts of Appalachia are dumps- trust me- we hike there all the time. The North Carolina area can actually be pretty wealthy, but far eastern TN, far western VA and WV can be pretty dumpy. Racist?

MANY of these congressmen go on the attack and are so focuses on partisan political issues, that they neglect their own districts and what can be done for them.

Instead of wanting open borders and freebies for illegals, why don't Cummings and AOC focus on helping their districts, which obviously need a lot of help. Are they neglecting their duties as Congressmen?

The Left says anything and everything is racist. They are even calling their own racist now. Baltimore is a dump. Rat infestation videos about Baltimore were run long before Trump's comments. Like the video below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voiqyfaqulQ

Old 07-28-2019, 08:37 AM

17,399 posts, read 6,734,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is untrue and you don't know want you're talking about. I know because I walked back from the Inner Harbor to my sisters home, at night, and never once felt threatened. Her entire neighborhood is blue collar and completely safe.
He's right. You got lucky. I don't walk ANYWHERE anymore and haven't for the past year and a half. I am certainly not the only one either.

You obviously don't live here because it's YOU who doesn't know what you're talking about.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:38 AM

8,082 posts, read 6,704,242 times
I don’t know about rats, but its a pretty violent area;
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/congress/md/07

Old 07-28-2019, 08:38 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,169,338 times
Whose side is he on???

Trump on Putin, a brutal bully: "a terrific person"

Trump on Cummings, a US congressman: "a brutal bully"

Trump on Moscow, a Russian city: "a great city" and "an amazing place"

Trump on Baltimore, an American city: "a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies