Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 06:14 PM

8,040 posts, read 10,632,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Well he IS the president for Baltimor(ians?) just like everyone else. How do you think they feel about their president saying that?
I lived near Baltimore and escaped 20 years ago. It was bad then, it's much worse now.

How do Baltimorians "feel"? Is it all about hurt feelings? Really? Or do the citizens there want honest assessment and the problems addressed.

They may feel the same way I feel now as a "Charlotean" living near the "Queen City" (as opposed to a Baltimorian living in or near "Charm City). Yes, there are some ritzy, nice up and coming parts of Charlotte. There are also large areas that are absolutely down trodden, crime ridden dumps. Filth, nightly and weekend shootings, robberies, generational poverty, and it's getting worse.

Even so, we've got Trump and the RNC coming here for their convention. If Trump wants to acknowledge the truth about this city's bad areas, perhaps that's a step out of denial and into improvements.

Denial or feigned ignorance of the real problems never, ever solves them, even if it's unpleasant or not "politically correct" to call attention to them and acknowledge them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 06:15 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
There was one that tried to get in but was denied !!! Couldn't get pass the color requirement !!!

Democrats have long been the party of racism !!!

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed - POLITICO
https://www.politico.com/story/2007/...allowed-002389

As a white liberal running in a majority African American district, Tennessee Democrat Stephen I. Cohen made a novel pledge on the campaign trail last year: If elected, he would seek to become the first white member of the Congressional Black Caucus.
Now that he's a freshman in Congress, Cohen has changed his plans. He said he has dropped his bid after several current and former caucus members made it clear to him that whites need not apply.
The CBC also denied entry to Rep. JC Watts of Oklahoma. Here's his picture:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

Old 07-28-2019, 06:17 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. His base wants him to insult African Americans as much as possible.
I'll call it as I see it. Trump's "Baltimore is a dump" comment works like a dog whistle. Given Baltimore's recent attention in the media, it can be used as a dog whistle. You don't have to say "Black people are a threat". You can used terms like "Baltimore" and "Detroit". Trump may or may not mean it in a racial way. However, some of his supporters will be thinking "it's a Black city, what else can you expect from such a city".

I don't want to live in Baltimore. It's not for me. However, as a sitting President, there are certain things that are expected. Calling a city a dump as sitting President is a good way to anger people who might consider voting for you.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:19 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,946 times
Quote:
Why say it at all? Is he or is he not the president of Baltimore too?

Again, why doesn’t he talk about such infamous dumps as Mississippi or Kentucky? What’s with him always saying something about where blacks and Latinos are most heavily represented?

I know why! But that’s fine. Just adds more fuel to the fire on everything we think about the GOP hatred of blacks.
If the Representatives of those other places attacked him as Cummings has calling him a racist and a criminal, then Trump would call those other places out too. Attack him and he attacks you back. You'd think the far left would know this by now.

And the reason most of the country doesn't get all hot and bothered by some of the politically incorrect and sometimes cringworthy statements he makes is because they know there is a kernel of truth in what he says. Baltimore is a dump, and a very dangerous one at that. Why does the far left pretend it's not? Maybe they should admit it and then try to help the people that live there. And yes most people, even if they are too polite to say it, agree than many African countries are $hitholes. This is why their people are trying to escape to Europe and the US. When the far left folks threaten to leave the US, it is never those African countries that they are looking to go to.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:22 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
He called me a name so I can do the same.

Yeah that's what I want in a President -- the same kind of thinking a four year old has.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Never. He won’t go near it.
He has gone to Appalachia, West Virginia specifically. He got popular there by appealing to the coal industry.

Quote:
The brothers? Who is that?

You’re trying to get cute now? Trump has really emboldened you wallflowers in the last few years, huh?

No matter. When he’s gone, you’ll go back to your walls again like the meek people you really are. Put money on it.
Said person isn't trying to get cute. It's all about venting one's resentment towards Blacks.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He called me a name so I can do the same.

Yeah that's what I want in a President -- the same kind of thinking a four year old has.
This is sadly what some people want. Some people want a President who behaves like a 13 year old. Some people have not progressed past that kind of mentality.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:26 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times
I can't be the only person that's surprised to find out that Baltimore only has black residents.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:27 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is sadly what some people want. Some people want a President who behaves like a 13 year old. Some people have not progressed past that kind of mentality.
We wanted a President who wouldn't let Democrats walk all over him and we got it. Democrats don't know how to handle a President who doesn't fall for the constant accusations of racism that they've hurled at anyone they disagreed with for decades. It's worked so well to get whatever you guys want and all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore, I can understand why you're frustrated.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I can't be the only person that's surprised to find out that Baltimore only has black residents.
Baltimore doesn't have only Black residents. It's majority Black, 64%. Whites are 28% of the population. Hispanics are 4.2%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies