Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 08:23 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
On this we agree. Trump had no need to be a petty ashole. That didn't make his statement less true or racist. It just made him an azz hole.

You get what you accept. Baltimore is what it is because they accept it. As some have sad. Cummings has brought Federal dollars into Baltimore and it has delivered what? I mean besides getting him re-elected?

30 years of trying? At some point we need to start calling it 30 years of failing......
Trump being petty helps no one. And no one has proving that it has been helpful.

As for Baltimore, I know it's been in bad shape for a long time. That is on the local government, mainly the mayor. And there is a reason I don't blame it on Democrats. Madison,WI is a liberal, Democratic city. It is one of the most desired cities to live in. Contrast with Milwaukee, in the same state. It has alot of problems similar to Baltimore.

If many Baltimore residents want Cummings out, Trump calling Baltimore a dump isn't going to convince them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 08:28 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Today the Leftists are cheering the idiots at USA Today for saying that Trump is "Unfit". But.....

USA Today names Baltimore 'the nation's most dangerous city'

What hypocrites they are.
Thinking that Trump should tweak his behavior....which might actually help him achieve his goals...doesn't make someone 'a leftist'.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:29 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Let’s recap: “Rat infested” = black people.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.
I guess that makes Cummings King Rat. Looks the part. I hope him and his wife’s scheme is investigated and they are brought to justice. Then Baltimore can heal, once king rat is imprisoned.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
What issue? What “issue” did you catch?
If you don't see the issue, I can't show you it. I've tried with many Trump supporters. It is hopeless on here to change their minds even if there isn't mental gymnastics being used.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:38 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If you don't see the issue, I can't show you it. I've tried with many Trump supporters. It is hopeless on here to change their minds even if there isn't mental gymnastics being used.
Have you ever considered the possibility that you're just wrong?

Old 07-28-2019, 08:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
While this could be viewed as fair criticism, would Mr. Cummings have gotten the message as loudly and clearly as he has had Trump used less inflammatory invective?

Probably not.

As a result of Trump's Twitter exchange, Mr. Cummings cannot ignore the results of his own nonfeasance any longer. Nor can anyone else.
Cummings still didn't get the message even with the way Trump expressed himself.

The left and right are so divided that they will find fault no matter how something is expressed anyway. But it would be nice if our president could at least make an attempt to make his point without being disgusting about it.

The posters in this thread present a snapshot of what's going on with our politicians. Both sides have valid points but nobody is considering them because they're too busy trying to outbash the other side.

How is any of this helpful? Our country is suffering while everyone is engaged in a giant food fight war of words.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:45 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Jared Kushner thinks he is above the law....170 code violations

https://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushn..._medium=Social
When anyone has had that many code violations, one wonders why or how they are still in business beyond finding legal loopholes or paying off the powers that be to overlook the violations.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:51 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
If the Representatives of those other places attacked him as Cummings has calling him a racist and a criminal, then Trump would call those other places out too. Attack him and he attacks you back.
The bolded is appropriate on a playground to defend one's self, or appropriate for the same reason in a street fight. It isn't appropriate for the POTUS. He's doing what is known as 'punching down'.

Quote:
You'd think the far left would know this by now.
You're right. They're probably being pie-in-the-sky idealists to expect better behavior from this President.

Quote:
And the reason most of the country doesn't get all hot and bothered by some of the politically incorrect and sometimes cringworthy statements he makes is because they know there is a kernel of truth in what he says.
You know what the people you know think. You don't know if that speaks for most of the country or not.

Quote:
Baltimore is a dump, and a very dangerous one at that. Why does the far left pretend it's not? Maybe they should admit it and then try to help the people that live there. And yes most people, even if they are too polite to say it, agree than many African countries are $hitholes. This is why their people are trying to escape to Europe and the US. When the far left folks threaten to leave the US, it is never those African countries that they are looking to go to.
Trump didn't make the comments with the goal of helping people, he made the comments because his 'widwl feewings' were hurt by what Cummings said about the border, and because he's trying to discredit Cummings because he doesn't like that Cummings wants to look deeper into his finances.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:54 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
I guess that makes Cummings King Rat. Looks the part. I hope him and his wife’s scheme is investigated and they are brought to justice. Then Baltimore can heal, once king rat is imprisoned.
So you're saying that Cummings looks like a rat? Kinda like Trump's description of Baltimore is "infested with rats and filth". You're saying that the Congressman from Maryland is a rat infesting his state?

Is that what you're selling tonight on the forum, or are you just parroting Trump's racist remarks about Baltimore and the citizens who live there?

Just curious how far you want to push this cart full of road apples down the internet highway.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:55 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
This thread seems to bring the all stars of conservative posters, they are loving a thread like this. All the usual cast of characters plus a few more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies