Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 05:58 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems very odd that the left immediately calls Trump a "racist" for saying Baltimore is a dump. It is- have any of you been there? How is calling a place that is a dump "racist"? Can one no longer speak the truth in the eyes of modern day leftists? If you don't acknowledge a fact, can a problem ever be solved?

Is calling parts of Appalachia a dump "racist" as well? The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, but many parts of Appalachia are dumps- trust me- we hike there all the time. The North Carolina area can actually be pretty wealthy, but far eastern TN, far western VA and WV can be pretty dumpy. Racist?

MANY of these congressmen go on the attack and are so focuses on partisan political issues, that they neglect their own districts and what can be done for them.

Instead of wanting open borders and freebies for illegals, why don't Cummings and AOC focus on helping their districts, which obviously need a lot of help. Are they neglecting their duties as Congressmen?
Everything Is Racism | Hire a civil rights lawyer. You're a victim of racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 06:02 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
How does Donald Trump making inappropriate comments about men and women of color in Congress help Make America Great Again?

What is Donald Trump's motive when he insults all these brown and black lawkamakers? Do his comments help unite America?
So, just because they have a different skin color they CAN'T be criticized for anything!

Sounds racist to me.

"inappropriate comments", like what? They ARE members of CONGRESS and what they do or DON'T do is CANNOT be criticized.

If they CAN'T handle criticism they should NOT have run for congress.

We can turn you "desire" around.

Because they are NOT white, they CANNOT criticize a WHITE person. They are RACISTS if they do! How do you like THAT?

Old 07-29-2019, 06:02 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Now the democrats are bringing in the big gun/big mouth race hating, race baiting, race hustler Al Sharpton to suck some money out of Baltimore and agitate like a washing machine !!! The healer !!! My patuti
The Dems are worried !!! Trump has called them on their BS !!!

Al Sharpton has become the king maker and gateway to the black vote !!! Dems running for office have to have a sit down with Al and kiss the ring !!!

My prediction: Trump will replace Kissinger and become the new GOP king maker at some point after he leaves office !!! Trump will be doing some of his best work calling out weak GOP leadership when they go into the fetal position when confronted by the Dems. Trump will be a force for another two decades after 2024 !!!

That should help'! Al Sharpton says he's 'headed to Baltimore' to assist ...

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/...trumps-tweets/

Last edited by phma; 07-29-2019 at 06:17 AM..

Old 07-29-2019, 06:03 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’m not giving him that. Most Republicans are fearlessly racist, and for good reasons. They know how to talk around it while thinking they’re fooling people. They aren’t.

So Trump isn’t courageous in that regard. That’s boiler plate conservatism.

He offered no constructive criticism. He offered invective...with all the proper right wing dog whistling thrown in.
Here's one of the things Trump and the Rs did for inner cities:

Baltimore Development Corporation | Opportunity Zones

But after 50 years of Democratic mayors, there's just so much any prez can do for Baltimore, Trump, Obama or anyone else. Local and state gov't. along with members of Congress good at pork barrel projects are more important than the prez. As odd as Giuliani is now, he turned NYC around in the 90's after years of awful D mayors.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:06 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The problem is Trump represents ALL of America. Trashing cities he represents doesn’t make him look presidential.
Nah.

The REAL problem is that Democrats have been hit squarely in the nose for one of their biggest failures of the last 50 years. The sad and sorry state of the Inner City. Elijah Cummings cares more about making a political statement for the rights of Illegal Aliens over that of the plight of the citizens who live in the Democrat plantation that he represents. And clearly those people are waking up to Trump.

And the Democrats are scared as hell at it because they got nothing more than the "You Rassis" response.

It's what Presidents are supposed to do. You know it. You just don't want to admit.

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You are NOT my father nor psychiatrist so I will ignore all your ADVISE.

You do what you want and I will do the same.

Don't like it, DON'T respond to my posts. It's that easy!
Liking or not liking has nothing to do with it on my end/my POV. I'm replying with counterpoints that you don't like

You are obviously projecting because you don't like my replies.

Tough.

You threw questions onto the thread.

I'm allowed to reply to them as long as I follow the TOS, and that's true for me and for anyone else whose posts you don't like.

If you don't like my posts, then put me on ignore.

It sounds as though I struck a nerve....that someone else at some point may have echoed my replies .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
There seems to be a boatload of African-Americans across the country that were offended by Trump's recent comments and attacks on Cummings and "The Squad."

Trump supporters - do you care at all that a lot of black people were offended by Trump's comments? Or are those black people just snowflakes?

And, if you don't care about whether or not Trump's comments offended a lot of Black Americans, do you care about the black vote in 2020?
If you can't take criticism, get out of congress.

Give it up you will NOT win this "battle"

Old 07-29-2019, 06:08 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
As they say, there is always a tweet:

Our great African American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 28, 2015

President Obama, you have a big job to do. Go to Baltimore and bring both sides together. With proper leadership, it can be done! Do it.

@Vanderpunked: Can we drop @realDonaldTrump off in the middle of #Baltimore so he can show Obama how it’s done?” I would fix it fast!

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Now the democrats are bringing in the big gun/big mouth race hating, race baiting Al Sharpton to suck some money out of Baltimore and agitate like a washing machine !!! The healer !!! My patuti
The Dems are worried !!! Trump has called them on their BS !!!

That should help'! Al Sharpton says he's 'headed to Baltimore' to assist ...
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/...trumps-tweets/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
These statements were wrong but, they are old now. The president is expected to be better than that & yet he does this on a daily basis. It's wrong.
"The president is expected to be better than that"

And congressmen are NOT "expected to be better than that"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies