Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 10:39 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,474,984 times

Advertisements

Progressives will staunchly defend the residents of Baltimore without ever shutting up long enough to actually listen to actual residents of Baltimore share their own criticisms of their city and elected leaders.

Progressives figure that black Baltimorians are too dumb to speak for themselves, and need the gallant assistance of the Democratic Party to whisk to their defense. As usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 10:39 AM

5,789 posts, read 3,577,340 times
To start with, Presidents shouldn't make blatantly disparaging remarks about a locale in the first place (for any reason). BTW, he insulted White Southerners at one point as well - calling Jeff Sessions "A dumb southerner" and using a mock Southern accent during a CPAC speech.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...-think-of-that
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...therner-remark
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ng-cpac-speech

Old 07-29-2019, 10:40 AM

11,989 posts, read 5,258,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Black Demwit politicians aren't used to pushback from the normally passive, cowardly Repubs who feared being called racists. Now Repubs don't give a damn, it's just typical Demwit smears. (yawn) Repubs are starting to grow some balls thanks to President Trump. Revenge of the Nerds!
Republicans Are proudly embracing true racism.

OK.

Not that surprising at all.

They’re just taking the sheets out of back of the closet that were there since the ‘60’s. Dog whistles don’t suffice anymore.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:42 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,462,460 times
According to Democrats this lady couldn't possibly exist.

Trump's a genius. He knows how to hit Democrats squarely where it hurts them bad. Very bad.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:42 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
To start with, Presidents shouldn't make blatantly disparaging remarks about a locale in the first place (for any reason). BTW, he insulted White Southerners at one point as well - calling Jeff Sessions "A dumb southerner" and using a mock Southern accent during a CPAC speech.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...-think-of-that
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...therner-remark
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ng-cpac-speech
I agree with the above. He's uncouth and crass. I wouldn't invite him to a bbq or dinner party because he's a slob who doesn't know how to conduct himself in a proper manner.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:43 AM

5,852 posts, read 3,276,149 times
Again there are some that are mad at what Trump said. But facts are facts. Baltimore is a rat infested dump!!!

6,252 posts, read 5,046,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Progressives will staunchly defend the residents of Baltimore without ever shutting up long enough to actually listen to actual residents of Baltimore share their own criticisms of their city and elected leaders.

Progressives figure that black Baltimorians are too dumb to speak for themselves, and need the gallant assistance of the Democratic Party to whisk to their defense. As usual.
It's not about defending the residents of Baltimore. It's about defending the politicians of Baltimore. If Baltimore actually IS as bad as the president says it is, it focuses attention on those who lead that city. For the past few years. For the past few decades.

As the saying goes "what have you done for me lately?"

11,027 posts, read 6,474,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I’m behaving like an adult. You’re acting like a Cultist by defending the undefenseable.

Words have consequences. Deal with it.
I’m defending nobody. I’m calling attention to your blatant immaturity and name-calling. You are behaving just like the President that you constantly whine about here. You are no better than him. Own it.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:44 AM

20,682 posts, read 8,441,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Donald Trump is attacking and insulting yet another person of color. Who saw that coming?!
Trump is a counterpuncher. Leave him alone and he'll leave you alone. I thought everyone knew that. You didn't?

Trump was praised by those same so called black leaders before he ran for office. You can find the videos of those events on youtube (unless youtube has hidden them now). Many of us have posted them here in the past. Maybe search for them, hmm?

What changed? They knew they couldn't get any more of Trump's money? The DNC doesn't want any of their slaves leaving the plantation and have them on a tight leash?

Old 07-29-2019, 10:44 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Republicans Are proudly embracing true racism.

OK.

Not that surprising at all.

They’re just taking the sheets out of back of the closet that were there since the ‘60’s. Dog whistles don’t suffice anymore.
Democrats are some of the most racist people I've ever met and don't think Democratic pols are above making racist statements because that's a lie.

I'm a Dem, before you go calling me a Republican. I'm being pushed out of the Democratic party - I will NEVER be a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies