Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 11:11 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,748,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user491 View Post
I agree that Baltimore is a mess, but why should a Congressman bear responsibility for that? Isn’t that the fault of state and local politicians instead? I’m not seeing how the federal govt. is responsible.
Tell that to the residents who are jumping over rats....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 11:11 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,175 times
It isn't racist for anyone to say it.

Last I went to Baltimore it seemed ok. Maybe its gotten worse.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:12 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I just want your perspective. Why do you think there are so many people rising to Trump's defense regarding his crass behavior? Just from your opinion.
I think in some cases, the people saying the statement wasn't racist (which I also said, by the way) doesn't mean they're defending his crass behavior, they're just saying the comment wasn't racist. In other cases, they ARE defending it saying that's just the way he is.

But the reason people are either defending it or ignoring it, is because of blind party loyalty that almost everyone is guilty of these days. Most people will never admit any wrongdoing or take the approach that 'yeah we can and should do better than this' when it comes to their party or politician of choice.

And the outcome is - we have dregs for politicians. We've lowered the bar because people are unwilling to find fault with their own.

We're getting what we deserve on both sides of the aisle.

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
I just want your perspective. Why do you think there are so many people rising to Trump's defense regarding his crass behavior? Just from your opinion.
Because anyone who voted for him defends his bad actions every chance they get.

I know Republicans that abhored Trump until he became the President. They then dismissed and defended and excused and dismissed everything he has done that is wrong.

Lindsey Graham, Hayley are good examples. Do you really think they just woke up one day and changed their mind....pfffft.....no Trump is the Republican President -- Republicans will now try to fight to defend his behavior.

Especially a year and a half out of an election year.

The goal is to keep Republicans in office -- not because Trump is a great President but because he is running on a Republican ticket.

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Yet another black guy that Trump can point to and ridicule to please his base. Me thinks we have his reelection strategy established.
Yes, it is a good strategy to get blacks to vote for him.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:13 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,502,952 times
Quote:
I know you asked MP the question but I’m going to take the liberty of adding my own answer.

There are two kinds of people who become politicians:

Clean cut guys who speak eloquently, make grand promises to their constituents, make a big show of looking busy, but never get a god damn thing accomplished;

And there’s Donald Trump. Loud, too-proud, cartoonish, blustery, antagonistic, downright obnoxious ... and making good on his promise to Americans to make them top priority once again. He’s not graceful, he doesn’t speak eloquently, he’s not dashing ... but he puts Americans first, in a time that so many other politicians are selling us and our country away to the highest bidders.

Trump is what you get when Americans grow tired of the graceful do-nothing pretty boys of DC. He didn’t get my vote in ‘16, but I’m not complaining too much.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:15 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Baltimore Resident Confirms Trump's Claims About The City And Places Blame On Cummings...

One of his residents, Michelle, completely agrees with what President Trump said.

"What he [President Trump] said was definitely true," Michelle said in a video. "He [Cummings] hasn't done anything for us for the last, I think he's been in office over 20 years?"

Michelle gave credit to Kimberly Klacik for posting previous videos of what Baltimore actually looks like. She said Klacik's videos exposing what Baltimore actually looks like, with trash and rodents, has done more good for the city than Cummings has in his 30 years in Congress.

"Trump is not racist, not to my knowledge. I'm glad that he pointed it out. I'm glad that he [Trump] put him [Cummings] on blast because people in West [inaudible] have put him on blast for years, ever since he's been in office," she said. "He's never done anything for us."

According to Michelle, the rats didn't just show up and their city didn't become what it did overnight. ....
It should not be hard to find a Trump loyalist to claim Trump is always right about everything.

One day this country will have a president who is all about building up, rather than tearing down.

Cummings district (his portion of Baltimore) is the 2nd wealthiest black majority district in US. But of course only Trump and his minions think the Congress reps actually run the areas they represent.

The woman is complaining because Cummings has not given her free shoes and clothes. Go figure.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:16 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
You’re entitled to your opinion.

But IMO, you overly identify with race and are easily triggered and manipulated.
Just watch the Democrats. They have made it quite clear they have no use for straight white males. Over and over again they bash white males. It's not being manipulated. It is what it is.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:17 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
A whole lot of people, myself included, are really sick and tired of many years of being bullied by libs into having to be so PC (politically correct) in public. Being PC doesn't help anyone and just covers up the real problems in our country.

Yes, Baltimore is a rat-infested dump and very dangerous to live and walk around in. IMO Trump is criticizing the awful conditions of that city, and yes, politicians like Cummings should stop seeking Trump's impeachment (BTW what a HUGE waste of time and resources!!!) and protecting the rights of illegal aliens in our country, and instead be putting his energies towards making Baltimore a better place for his constituents. The Democratic party has really messed up priorities. They are still so upset with Hillary losing, that they are not doing their proper jobs by looking out for the best interests of the American people.

Let's fix our broken cities of Baltimore, Chicago and Detroit and clean up those dangerous areas, and fix the homeless populations in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle (to name just a few) first before worrying about the how to keep the illegals here.

Trump is shaking up the political system and giving us true changes, unlike Obama's broken promises.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:17 AM

14,964 posts, read 9,794,276 times
Maybe this guy? lol

https://nypost.com/2019/07/22/baltim...d-at-gunpoint/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies