Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 01:21 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post
If he had called both Baltimore and parts of Appalachia as dumps and places where no one would want to live then that would not have made him a racist. But targeting only places that have more presence of one race? Yeah, can't get away with it.
Trump Called New Hampshire a “Drug Infested Den” and No One Called It Racist

odd, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 01:23 PM

472 posts, read 432,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Baltimore Resident Confirms Trump's Claims About The City And Places Blame On Cummings...

One of his residents, Michelle, completely agrees with what President Trump said.

"What he [President Trump] said was definitely true," Michelle said in a video. "He [Cummings] hasn't done anything for us for the last, I think he's been in office over 20 years?"

Michelle gave credit to Kimberly Klacik for posting previous videos of what Baltimore actually looks like. She said Klacik's videos exposing what Baltimore actually looks like, with trash and rodents, has done more good for the city than Cummings has in his 30 years in Congress.

"Trump is not racist, not to my knowledge. I'm glad that he pointed it out. I'm glad that he [Trump] put him [Cummings] on blast because people in West [inaudible] have put him on blast for years, ever since he's been in office," she said. "He's never done anything for us."

According to Michelle, the rats didn't just show up and their city didn't become what it did overnight. ....

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...ssues-n2550735
So by that logic we should totally listen and believe the tens of millions of US citizens who can speak to Trump's failures since taking office. Right?

Old 07-29-2019, 01:24 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Cummings has a law degree and a law license. Trump doesn't." So what!

"a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society[5] and graduated in 1973 with a Bachelor's degree in Political Science.[4][6] Cummings graduated from law school at the University of Maryland School of Law, receiving his J.D. in 1976,"

I don't see anything about being an expert in finance and taxes.
So what.

My point is that he has more intellectual horsepower than Trump. If he doesn't already understand Trump's finances better than Trump does, he could have a government paid expert explain them to him, and he'd understand them. If Trump can grasp his own finances, Cummings would be able to do so.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:26 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
No. And he won't call any city or town filled with his "base" a dump, even when there are plenty of them that could be considered as such by an impartial viewer.

He calls entire cities "dumps" and never stops to realize he's the President of ALL of the country and not just his voter strongholds.

Ergo, if there's a dump in the USA, he's obliged to do what he can to make it better, not to call it names and insult its leadership in the name of his personal vendettas.

He's such an ass.

?????

And Cummings is given a free pass, despite being a congressional representative to this district, and thus more proximate to the individual needs of the district?

Trump is the president of the US, not the congressman or mayor of Baltimore.

If Cummings would do what he was hired to do, instead of fighting with Trump and trying to give illegals everything that is not nailed down, perhaps he could have secured business for his district to provide jobs and an improvement in federal funding for programs to benefit his district.

An oligarch like Cummings doesn't give a crap, as he is the "enlightened" leader (a one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.........) and his constituents are just little people. He is an embarrassment to Congress.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:32 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Is it okay for a US President to say that about a US city?

Nope.

Baltimore has problems, no doubt about it. But, is he thoughtful in his approach to bringing this up and does he care?

Nah... he is just out to take shots at Cummings.

He doesn't give a damn about Baltimore or Baltimore's residents. Just about attacking Cummings.
What is wrong with taking shots at Cummings. He deserves it. Also why does he need to tip toe around an issue? Sure he could soften his words. I am sure you feel that is the best approach. As a supporter I applaud his honesty!

Old 07-29-2019, 01:33 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Yeah I brought this up a couple pages back and the lefties ignored it, ***cover eyes and ears lalalalalalala****…. so let's keep repeating it until they acknowledge it. Because it proves this kind of talk by Trump isn't about racism.

The left are insanely obsessed with race and identity politics to an extent that they cannot be logical or rational even in the face of truth and facts.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:36 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
I'm black and I don't get the racist thing either. Trump didn't even say anything about race. I'm from the DMV and I tend to agree with Trump. Besides the downtown harbor area near the Ravens Stadium, many parts of Baltimore are run down and beat up very badly. Don't see what race has to do with anything.

Also, isn't it more telling how white folk associate "rat infested" areas and assume it's about black people?

Old 07-29-2019, 01:36 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
I’m sure he was just referring to all the black parts of New Hampshire.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:37 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Yeah I brought this up a couple pages back and the lefties ignored it, ***cover eyes and ears lalalalalalala****…. so let's keep repeating it until they acknowledge it. Because it proves this kind of talk by Trump isn't about racism.

The left are insanely obsessed with race and identity politics to an extent that they cannot be logical or rational even in the face of truth and facts.
yeah, i didn't see yours at the time and posted 5 posts later - #757.

they ignored that as well. leftists often have to be pounded over the head repeatedly before they'll acknowledge it. i guess it's hard to pay attention to anything else when you're ululating 'racist!!!!' over and over at the top of your lungs..

Old 07-29-2019, 01:37 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
No. And he won't call any city or town filled with his "base" a dump, even when there are plenty of them that could be considered as such by an impartial viewer.

He calls entire cities "dumps" and never stops to realize he's the President of ALL of the country and not just his voter strongholds.

Ergo, if there's a dump in the USA, he's obliged to do what he can to make it better, not to call it names and insult its leadership in the name of his personal vendettas.

He's such an ass.
It is a dump. I’ve lived here for 20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies