Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 01:39 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times

Advertisements

Even the previous mayor, who resigned amid a corruption scandal, complained about the rats and the stench. I wonder why she didn't do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhbxLZycZwE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 01:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
We won't call names, until we call him vermin.

How is this helpful to the people of Baltimore and their living conditions?
Ask your President.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:43 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,756 times
My question is, why are people suddenly saying "Baltimore is beautiful and peaceful and lovely" just because Trump mentioned it?

It's this logic that I don't understand from people. Trump can condemn a brand of cereal and people will suddenly act like it's the best cereal ever and start buying it like crazy just because Trump condemned it.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:44 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Is it okay for a US President to say that about a US city?

Nope.

Baltimore has problems, no doubt about it. But, is he thoughtful in his approach to bringing this up and does he care?

Nah... he is just out to take shots at Cummings.

He doesn't give a damn about Baltimore or Baltimore's residents. Just about attacking Cummings.
Do you think these people give a damn as they tweet their indignation and accusations of Racism from a 5 star restaurant in Venice at the taxpayers expense. King Elijah is right there with them.

https://twitter.com/Wozniak1/status/1155877865122082817

That hypocritical Democrat double standard is beyond belief.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Saying anything about any black city is considered racist
That makes it tough to move forward doesn’t it

Old 07-29-2019, 01:48 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
My question is, why are people suddenly saying "Baltimore is beautiful and peaceful and lovely" just because Trump mentioned it?

It's this logic that I don't understand from people. Trump can condemn a brand of cereal and people will suddenly act like it's the best cereal ever and start buying it like crazy just because Trump condemned it.
It’s called TDS!

Old 07-29-2019, 01:50 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
There are plenty of people....who aren't Republicans....who think it Trump's Presidency is doing fine and IS acting more Presidential.
Really?

Can you point out any traits that such people have?

Why would someone who isn't a Republican defend the controversial parts of his behavior that aren't needed to make his policy goals a reality?

Quote:
It is about time a president stood up bullies!
A President can be strong as an oak tree, standing up, unbending, without being crass. Trump should try it sometime.

Quote:
"acted more Presidential." Everybody has their OWN ideas of what "presidential" is.

I don't think clinton acted presidential by getting BJs in the oval office.

I don't think clinton acted presidential" by LYING in a court of law.

I don't think obama acted presidential by going on his "apology" tour, bowing down to other nations leaders.

None of that seemed to bother the dem but, NOW Trump gives back what they give to him and all of a sudden he isn't acting "presidential.
I'm not a Democrat, so I'm under no obligation to defend Clinton.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Additionally...

1. Bringing up Clinton is a deflection

2. Bringing up Clinton at all shows that you aren't confident that Trump is Presidential. If you were confident that Trump is Presidential, then you wouldn't care what anyone else thought about that and wouldn't feel the need to bring up Clinton.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:50 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm not sure why you included me in this post. I said nothing about Sharpton.

Can you answer my questions? Why is he signaling out Baltimore as a dump but not all these other red cities that are actually worse? If not because of Cummings, then why is he insulting an entire American city and ignoring these others?
because you jumped into my conversation with another poster about Sharpton supposedly being invited to the white house. post #31.

probably because he's talking about cummings, and that's cummings district. why would he talk about east BFE Tennessee being a dump in a tweet about cummings? that makes no sense.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:51 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Do you think these people give a damn as they tweet their indignation and accusations of Racism?

https://twitter.com/Wozniak1/status/1155877865122082817

That hypocritical Democrat double standard is beyond belief.
Cummings and Omar should spend a year living in the squalid conditions and come back to report how it was, to live in those filthy rat-infested conditions.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:52 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
No. And he won't call any city or town filled with his "base" a dump, even when there are plenty of them that could be considered as such by an impartial viewer.

He calls entire cities "dumps" and never stops to realize he's the President of ALL of the country and not just his voter strongholds.

Ergo, if there's a dump in the USA, he's obliged to do what he can to make it better, not to call it names and insult its leadership in the name of his personal vendettas.

He's such an ass.
If Trump proposed real solutions; ie taking away all incentives for single parenthood, placing all their corrupt local officials under federal investigation, placing extreme mandatory minimums on criminals, etc. he would be labelled a racist for that as well. There is no winning with these people. The conditions they live in are by choice. More federal money won’t help, the district has received the 3rd most federal funds in the entire country over the last 5 years and the conditions have gotten worse, the money is being squandered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies