Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 04:37 PM

18,636 posts, read 7,481,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's a question of intent.

Trump couldn't care less about life in Baltimore nor does he have any proposals to make life there better.

Sanders is motivated by compassion and care. Trump is motivated by anger, hate, revenge and pettiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The opposite is the case, Sanders wants to keep baltomoreans broke, rats infested, and on welfare and Trump wants to fix it like he did Manhattan.
Don't argue with the Left's Thought Police. They know what each politician was thinking, even when he didn't say what they are claiming he did. And they will punish him accordingly. And you're next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 04:38 PM

30,162 posts, read 23,552,538 times
Here's another one who says Trump is right about Baltimore:

https://twitter.com/TimRunsHisMouth/...88173018419200

(Language warning for those who don't like cussing - cause he does. A lot.)

Old 07-29-2019, 04:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,689,372 times
Trump can't control or put a filter on his pie hole. As a result, Trump will alienate more and more voters by the 2020 election.

Living conditions of unemployed coal miners who believed trump would save coal mining

Old 07-29-2019, 04:52 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,422,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Maybe the same number of threads as the revenge investigations the Dims are holding against President Trump and his family.
Know what I mean?
Is that the same amount of threads direct at the false allegations at Hillary or amount of birther threads?

Old 07-29-2019, 05:00 PM

17,642 posts, read 13,477,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The opposite is the case, Sanders wants to keep baltomoreans broke, rats infested, and on welfare and Trump wants to fix it like he did Manhattan.
Him "fixing" Manhattan must have been the reason that 86% of Manhattan voters pulled the lever for Hillary.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,167,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Where is the media, and Elijah Cummings, screaming that Bernie Sanders is a racist?

-------------------------------------------

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-world-country

Trump: Bernie Sanders Is Racist for Baltimore Remark
Monday July 29, 2019

President Donald Trump on Monday said that Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., "must now be labeled a racist" for comparing parts of Baltimore to a third-world country in 2015.

"Crazy Bernie Sanders recently equated the City of Baltimore to a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY!" Trump tweeted, referring to a statement Sanders made in 2015, after he visited Baltimore following the riots that occurred after Freddie Gray was killed while in police custody.

"Anyone who took the walk that we took around this neighborhood would not think you were in a wealthy nation, you would think that you were in a Third World country," the senator said at the time, in remarks that were recently re-aired by Fox News' "Fox & Friends."
I'm sorry--who did Bernie attack? Personally attack? Names? People?

Trump doesn't make objective observations, just in case you didn't notice.

He makes it personal, rude and as disrespectful and insulting as he can.

Also Bernie did not say this in a rage as a response to a relative's subpoena for using private email servers for classified government business.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:18 PM

18,636 posts, read 7,481,934 times
Default Even more racist comments about Baltimore

Who made these comments?

I certainly am from Baltimore, and I am very proud to be so.

I could not help but think about the fact that there are so many people who need medical treatment. They need treatment. For a lot of people, it is very easy to sit back and look at folks. Well, I live in the middle of it. I live in a drug-infested neighborhood. I know people who have been trying to get treatment for years--for years--and can't get it.

The problem is very serious. It is one, as I said before, I count as a top priority on my list since I live with it. I have known the little girls who I have watched grow up from babies and now selling their bodies for $5 at 14 years old. I see them every day. I know the pain of coming home and seeing my home ransacked, my car broken into because people are in so much pain they don't even know they are in pain.

Who is the author of these comments? It wasn't President Trump. In fact, they say far worse than Trump has ever said.

The author? One Elijah Cummings (D-MD), member of the House of Representatives from Baltimore, MD.

And when did he make it a "top priority"? 20 years ago, in 1999. And now it is even worse than it was then. Despite his claims and promises, he has accomplished nothing since then.

But let Donald Trump point out the same things Cummings himself pointed out 20 years ago, and suddenly Cummings considers the remarks outrageous and "horribly racist".

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...6hhrg63346.htm

Old 07-29-2019, 05:20 PM

20,643 posts, read 8,398,436 times
Didn't the last three Dem mayors of Baltimore resign over corruption charges?

Old 07-29-2019, 05:21 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,467,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Trump is as responsible for local conditions as Rep. Cummings.

If someone needs a civics test, it’s Donald Trump, or more specifically his base, which Trump goes lower and lower to play to their prejudices and ignorance.
Let me get this straight. Cummings was in the Maryland House of Delegates for 14 years and served as Speaker of the House. He's been in Congress for 22 years. Lived in the Baltimore area his whole life. . Yet, Trump's equally responsible for conditions in Baltimore generally and Cumming's district specifically.

Please say you were struck by an uncontrollable TDS moment and you don't really believe what you wrote.

Last edited by jazzarama; 07-29-2019 at 05:47 PM..

Old 07-29-2019, 05:22 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,569,795 times
You obviously don't know the difference between pointing out a situation (Cummings) and racist rhetoric (Trump).
That's ok though the Germans thought the same about the Nazis in Germany in the 1930's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies