Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 04:10 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
85 pages in, and sadly, no one is doubting it is a true statement.

That's the vital issue.

BTW, almost all East Coast urban cores have areas that are truly dumps. Many look similar to the post WWII bombed out neighborhoods we have seen in photos.

Dreadful.
In your opinion.

IMO, whether it is racist or not or whether it is true or not are side issues and no matter what the answers are to those two questions the more important question is whether he should have said what he did or not and, IMO, the answer is no.....he should not have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 04:12 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
We saw all of this with Obama for 8 years.

Justly Criticize a person of color, a Black Senator even when you speak the truth and Democrats and the Media scream "Raysists".

Very few people here on CD would even consider moving to cities like Baltimore.
No one would ever want to send their kids to their schools.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:34 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Cummings is getting what he deserves. The utter LIES he told about the border are now coming back to bite him. The spotlight is now on HIM and his CORRUPTION for THIRTY years in office. His own constituents know he is corrupt and are turning on him. Love it.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:40 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We saw all of this with Obama for 8 years.

Justly Criticize a person of color, a Black Senator even when you speak the truth and Democrats and the Media scream "Raysists".

Very few people here on CD would even consider moving to cities like Baltimore.
No one would ever want to send their kids to their schools.
The Black Community have been taken for granted by the Democrats across the board, especially by CITY Democrats who know they will be elected no matter what. So they neglect them.

However, the Black community needs to stop looking to government for ALL the fixes which are just temporary band aids that perpetuates their DEPENDENCY.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:52 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems very odd that the left immediately calls Trump a "racist" for saying Baltimore is a dump. It is- have any of you been there? How is calling a place that is a dump "racist"? Can one no longer speak the truth in the eyes of modern day leftists? If you don't acknowledge a fact, can a problem ever be solved?

Is calling parts of Appalachia a dump "racist" as well? The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, but many parts of Appalachia are dumps- trust me- we hike there all the time. The North Carolina area can actually be pretty wealthy, but far eastern TN, far western VA and WV can be pretty dumpy. Racist?

MANY of these congressmen go on the attack and are so focuses on partisan political issues, that they neglect their own districts and what can be done for them.

Instead of wanting open borders and freebies for illegals, why don't Cummings and AOC focus on helping their districts, which obviously need a lot of help. Are they neglecting their duties as Congressmen?
Is the comment helpful, or hurtful? If neither, why say it?

Old 07-30-2019, 04:53 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
- I'm not 'on the left'.

- I'm not upset, so there's nothing I need to get over. However, your three exclamation points at the end of almost every sentence indicate that you are upset, or are not far from it.
IF your position is on the left, then you are on the left !!! You can be all over the place on issues and call yourself what ever you want !!! I couldn't care !!! Someone can tell me they are Bambi and I'll go along !!! Maybe in their mind they are !!!

If !!! its !!! what !!! it !!! means !!! to !!! you !!! I'm !!! good !!! with !!! it !!!

Quote:
You may be at the point where you're not willing to listen, but just in case you're not, here is some food for thought:
I've read your words !!! I've listened !!! Now you listen !!! No Sale !!!!

Quote:
(the link was written by a political writer who like you thinks Trump is 'a fighter', and like you likes that Trump 'punches back' harder, but who, like me thinks Trump shouldn't be 'punching down')

https://townhall.com/columnists/dere...fires-n2510118
So what !!! You have your opinion and those who agree with you !!!

I'm not one of them !!! Get diversified !!!

Quote:
I'm not a Democrat, so I'm under no obligation to defend what Obama, nor any other Democrat has done.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Additionally, 'but they did it' is little kid logic.

Let's say Joe sees his friend Johnny do something bad, and then Joe does the same thing.

Joe's mother finds out and calls Joe out on this.

Joe then says "But Johnny did it too".

If Joe's mother is a good mother, she'll tell her son that someone else doing it is irrelevant, it's wrong, and that it's her job to steer him away from doing things that are wrong.
When I'm dealing with people who want something their way and only their way !!! Those who can't accept any other POV !!! Talking to them like a child often works and puts it in a context they can grasp !!!
I notice you do the same thing with Joe and his mom !!! That didn't get us anywhere did it ?
Maybe its best to just admit we are both adults with different opinions !!! Am I getting through now ?

Joe's mother was a slug slinging drugs and sleep with any bum who would give her a fix !!!

Spending your time saving Joe from his mother is where you are needed !!!

I'm not Joe or his mother !!!
I'll make my own mind up and have no problem with anyone that wants to do the same !!! Its the do gooders trying to force their POV on others, wanting to control others that is a blight on humanity !!!
Be off with you, Joe needs your help !!! phma is doing fine and living the dream !!!

Old 07-30-2019, 05:12 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Some folks deserve to get figuratively stabbed in the back and Cummings is in the all time, all world Top 10. Karma and all that.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:21 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
[quote=phma;55798869]
Quote:

IF your position is on the left, then you are on the left !!! You can be all over the place on issues and call yourself what ever you want !!! I couldn't care !!! Someone can tell me they are Bambi and I'll go along !!! Maybe in their mind they are !!!

If !!! its !!! what !!! it !!! means !!! to !!! you !!! I'm !!! good !!! with !!! it !!!

I've read your words !!! I've listened !!! Now you listen !!! No Sale !!!!

So what !!! You have your opinion and those who agree with you !!!

I'm not one of them !!! Get diversified !!!

When I'm dealing with people who want something their way and only their way !!! Those who can't accept any other POV !!! Talking to them like a child often works and puts it in a context they can grasp !!!
I notice you do the same thing with Joe and his mom !!! That didn't get us anywhere did it ?
Maybe its best to just admit we are both adults with different opinions !!! Am I getting through now ?

Joe's mother was a slug slinging drugs and sleep with any bum who would give her a fix !!!

Spending your time saving Joe from his mother is where you are needed !!!

I'm not Joe or his mother !!!
I'll make my own mind up and have no problem with anyone that wants to do the same !!! Its the do gooders trying to force their POV on others, wanting to control others that is a blight on humanity !!!
Be off with you, Joe needs your help !!! phma is doing fine and living the dream !!!
A lot of the time, the "position" that gets you called as being on the left seems to be simply "Doesn't support President Trump" on an issue or in general, no matter why that person feels that way or reasons or actual political leaning.

I mean, for myself...I was registered Republican. Bailed on that and now Independent. Have voted for them for President when I voted. Last election was a 3rd party conservative candidate. Have not voted D for a president. I have mellowed some over time and now fall more into a general kinda moderate/center sort of position. Key words...moderate/center.

Yet there are countless times I get called left, liberal, Democrat, whatever any time I make a post where I am not happy with or in agreement with President Trump, no matter why I say it. It's asinine.

I also think you missed the point of Joe, Johnny, and Joe's mom as presented, but hey.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:22 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This ain’t about Baltimore. Pay attention.

This is about how much you should trust people on the right side of the political spectrum.

Knife in the back. That’s what this is about. Nevermind Baltimore.
Right.......................... Cummings is a crook. He has become rich being a politician in a poor district. Billions of dollars are pumped into that district. Where the hell happened to it?

Perhaps someone should check Cummings freezer.

Another dem crook exposed.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:24 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So when Rashida Tlaib accused Republican Representative Mark Meadows of racism, Democrat Elijah Cummings immediately came to his defense. You see, he considers Meadows to be one of his “best friends.” They’ve worked on legislation together several times although Cummings admits that they agree on little.

But when Trump called Cummings a racist, guess what Cummings got from Meadows in the way of support? Oh yeah...crickets. Some friend, right?

Totally emblematic of the GOP. This is why I say that they’re hostile and can’t be trusted.

To her credit, Mia Love exhorted Meadows to speak out in support of his friend. But then, Mia Love in no longer in Washington, is she?

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/07/29/pol...ets/index.html
What a load of crap... I watched that and Cummings did crap... Why do TDS liberals continue to lie and distort what actually happened...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies