Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 03:18 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,472,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This country is already divided. It's ALWAYS been divided. America has been very tribalist to the core going back to the days this country was founded. We don't need anyone to divide us. We're already there and have been there from day one.
I do not share your view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 03:18 PM

72,846 posts, read 62,272,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Trump isn't Conservative. He pretended to be to get elected. He's a big NYC slicker who is unChristian, who could care less about gun rights and whether abortion is or isn't legal. He's spending like Joe in a whorehouse - there's not a fiscal conservative or social conservative bone in his body except maybe his anti-Hispanic immigrant stance. That anti-immigrant stance by itself isn't worthy of making him conservative.
Then what is he?

Old 07-30-2019, 03:20 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,625,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Good little leftist, you read your script perfectly!
LOL yes donsabi is being a good little soldier.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:25 PM

27,363 posts, read 28,438,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I do not share your view.
The racial and ethnic divisions in America have existed for hundreds of years.

I would not bet on that going away anytime soon.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:27 PM

45,056 posts, read 60,109,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
How can representatives or senators (though no senator has been subjective to the go back to your district late so far) actually help their state without dropping back down to a local political positron.
One way is by directing federal money to the districts through CDBG monies, for one source. HUD monies for housing and blight removal. Add some water and get the Corps of Engineers involved. EPA is good for water and sewer money.

The District's Congressman is the go to first for those examples. Hoyer is mine, when I was still involved I had his office on speed dial as well as Mikulski's and, more recently, Van Hollen's.

Then in Maryland you have Community Legacy money you get from the state, to name one source. For that you need your state Delegates and Senator. A flourish is to have a letter of support from your Congressman and US Senator.

The only ****ing reason you have a Congressman is to get money for the district.

I understand the above is not what's taught in Government 101 but it is the reality.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:29 PM

21,795 posts, read 9,339,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Yet the keep re-electing the same DemocRATS to office.
As I said...I would bet one of my kids they are the ones voting these leaders in....they don't put 2+2 together....

Old 07-30-2019, 03:30 PM

Saying "Baltimore is a dump" in itself isn't racist. Trump, however, seems to hate Baltimore alot. And Trump does have a history of making bigoted statements.

This tweet from April 2015:
Quote:
Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!
He used Baltimore to take a shot at then-President Obama, and went at it in a racial way. Saying "Baltimore is a dump" on its own isn't a racist statement. However, given the history Trump has at being crass and bigoted, I won't defend Trump at all. President Trump has a history of being crass and crazy, so whatever happens, well, he gets what he deserves. Whatever criticism he gets, whatever. I have no respect for him. I will never have any respect for him until he takes back the ugly and crass things he has said in the past.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:31 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,078,783 times
For some reason the other Baltimore thread was closed just as I was submitting my response, but it fits here too.

[quote=lovecrowds;55802183]http://archives.marylandpublicschool...ARMSSY2019.xls

Cities that have problems like Baltimore have earned their complete moral breakdowns and decent into the third-world because they roll out the red-carpet for poor women who have babies.

Easy solution to Baltimore's issues is for poor women to not get pregnant and have babies. Also an easy solution is to get rid of the safety-net programs like WIC and TANF that do nothing but encourage women to get pregnant irresponsible.

Interesting, how there are medium-sized cities like Gilbert, Irvine and Scottsdale where the poor women with baby demographic is not welcomed and the barriers to entry are high where they don't have to worry about it.[/QUOTE

Yes it’s amazing. I can see if you have one kid , who may have been unplanned, but to be poor and single and keep having one baby after another that you must know you can’t afford is ridiculous. This is true even if married. I’ve noticed and wondered about this myself. Why do these poor people keep having kids? Use birth control. Not that expensive. In some cases you can get it for free or low cost. Many poverty stricken areas remain such due to the demographics and the residents lack of self control, laziness, just general carelessness regarding all aspects of life. No regards for goals or education for themselves or their hoards of children they produce. Therefore the cycle repeats itself continuously.

Similarly out here with all the backpack, shoes and back to school and holiday giveaways at the missions. The people in line today with their kids, stood in the same lines with their parents back in the 90’s. In turn their parents stood in the same lines back in the 70’s with their now grandparents or great grandparents. It’s a generational cycle of believing that poverty is normal and yet it’s ok as others will provide for you and your children. This Thanksgiving 4th and 5th generations of families will be eating at the mission and they think it’s ok. It’s not ok to be eating at a mission for 50 years of same families.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:32 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,625,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Saying "Baltimore is a dump" in itself isn't racist. Trump, however, seems to hate Baltimore alot. And Trump does have a history of making bigoted statements.

This tweet from April 2015:

He used Baltimore to take a shot at then-President Obama, and went at it in a racial way. Saying "Baltimore is a dump" on its own isn't a racist statement. However, given the history Trump has at being crass and bigoted, I won't defend Trump at all. President Trump has a history of being crass and crazy, so whatever happens, well, he gets what he deserves. Whatever criticism he gets, whatever. I have no respect for him. I will never have any respect for him until he takes back the ugly and crass things he has said in the past.
Then again, Democrats view everything as racism so who pays attention to the boy that cried wolf anymore.

nuff said.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The racial and ethnic divisions in America have existed for hundreds of years.

I would not bet on that going away anytime soon.
I've been saying this forever. A simple reading of U.S. History shows that racial,ethnic, and political divisions have existed in this country from day one. When someone says "we're more divided than ever" or "they divide the people", I have this to say: They don't divide us, just merely exploit it. We the people have our own problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies