U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM

15,525 posts, read 7,931,231 times

Advertisements

And FYI to Dave on my list of 1-4 above:

1 - A majority of black people are not criminals
2 - There is no way to prove that any culture is inferior or superior to another
3 - There is no way to prove that any person based on ethnicity alone is more intelligent than another
4 - There is no way to prove that any parent/family is better than another one as there is no definitive way to measure this

Note - most of the items on my list have been stereotypes and cultural adherence practices of white supremacists in America since the 1700s prior to the establishment of IQ tests or criminal statistics. People are just regurgitating their racist traditions for the most part and creating things to prove that their white supremacy racism is valid and shouldn't be changed.

And again, as I noted, white people are not the only people who believe these things nor do all white people believe all these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,339,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
What has been proven?

I just provided a list of how to tell someone is a white supremacist racist....

None of the things on the list have been proven by white supremacists yet they still believe them.
Maybe you need to read crime stats, incarceration rates by ethnicity and observe family data on marriage, divorce, abortion, children out of wedlock, etc. The government, FBI and multiple agencies publish the data.

Now understand me and what I'm pointing out.... that data doesn't always reflect true reality, but the numbers aren't made up. However by the same token, the numbers don't lie and to me.... reflects a failing at a local level.

I also know opioids are abused at a higher rate in rural white areas. Facts and data are tools and some see the tool as a hammer to pound everything like they're nails and some see data as a test score and when they fail there is a need to improve.

In much the same way as a supremist would use the data like a hammer, the dems use the data for political gain. Who suffers? people suffer especially the children.

Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM

622 posts, read 108,894 times
I'll just sit back and watch everyone calling each other racist. That seems to be the name of the game - "if they don't think my way they are either a racist, stupid, or just trying to stir things up." I happen to think it's pretty much impossible to get through life if you are not aware of what you are, and nowhere is it written that knowing who you are means "racist." But for the most part, being a racist and racism is about economic control and cultural assimilation. Racism has been a great system of steering groups of people into their places to keep track of the wealth as well as keeping things in order. Being a racist keeps you from associating with people you don't like.

The way I see it, people are free to discriminate or not discriminate. So am I.

Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM

13,964 posts, read 12,687,930 times
Youíre a white supremacist if you believe that black people canít take care of themselves and need smart, wealthy white people to take care of them.

i.e. the Democratic Party

Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM

10,392 posts, read 10,389,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
And FYI to Dave on my list of 1-4 above:

1 - A majority of black people are not criminals
2 - There is no way to prove that any culture is inferior or superior to another
3 - There is no way to prove that any person based on ethnicity alone is more intelligent than another
4 - There is no way to prove that any parent/family is better than another one as there is no definitive way to measure this

Note - most of the items on my list have been stereotypes and cultural adherence practices of white supremacists in America since the 1700s prior to the establishment of IQ tests or criminal statistics. People are just regurgitating their racist traditions for the most part and creating things to prove that their white supremacy racism is valid and shouldn't be changed.

And again, as I noted, white people are not the only people who believe these things nor do all white people believe all these things.

Only by action. No matter color. religion etc.

Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Maybe you need to read crime stats, incarceration rates by ethnicity and observe family data on marriage, divorce, abortion, children out of wedlock, etc. The government, FBI and multiple agencies publish the data.

Now understand me and what I'm pointing out.... that data doesn't always reflect true reality, but the numbers aren't made up. However by the same token, the numbers don't lie and to me.... reflects a failing at a local level.

I also know opioids are abused at a higher rate in rural white areas. Facts and data are tools and some see the tool as a hammer to pound everything like they're nails and some see data as a test score and when they fail there is a need to improve.

In much the same way as a supremist would use the data like a hammer, the dems use the data for political gain. Who suffers? people suffer especially the children.

LOL - I think you don't understand what I stated in my previous post. You should go back and read them.

In regards to all the "statistics" and "data" you cite - pray tell - who created that data and compiled it and defined what is "good" or "bad?"

FYI - historically it was the white supremacists who did. And as I noted none of those things are true and statistics don't prove that they are.

I also am not a Democrat nor a liberal and think that both conservatives and liberals are equally racist and have supremacist views - it is one of the main reasons I do not align with any political party.

In regards to opioids, whites abusing opioids at a higher rate doesn't mean that all or a majority of white people are drug abusers just like black people being represented in certain crime statistics isn't proof that all or a majority of black people are criminals.

In regards to families and parenting, those are subjective and based on bias and there is no definitive way to rate whose families are better than others. I've mentioned numerous times on the forum here that since the 1970s the black OOW birthrate has increase from about 50% to over 70%; however, during that time our demographic's crime rate lowered, our educations increased and income increased. So how are our families or parents "bad" or worse than other people if all measures you view as "positive" increased in a positive trajectory even with OOW births. There are many social situations at play in your statistics.

I'll also note I've reviewed a lot of "data" from the 1800s forward and whites in America have consistently been trying to prove that they are superior to other people since that time by various means and excuses and things they created like trying to make all families like theirs and criminalizing poor people and not allowing anyone else to have opportunities like whites have so that they can have "proof" that someone is inferior to them.

I think my list hit a nerve with you. But it really is a very simple list and is very basic in regards to racial supremacy beliefs. Racism is based upon believing in inherent inferiority or superiority based on their ethnicity/race. Believing any of the things I mentioned means you engage in white supremacy racist thoughts and views.

Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post

On the bold - I agree with both statements. The numbers don't reflect true reality (most of the time they do not) and they are not made up.

I find value in statistics and compiled data but to think they prove anything significant about an entire ethnic group of people is a kind of ridiculous thing to think IMO. That data is a subset of people and is not indicative of anything about the entire group. Most of the data/statistics cited, especially in regards to intelligence is outdated and is not clearly defined. In regards to crime, there are environmental factors at play that impacts violent crime in particular that can impact any group of people since we are all 99.98% the same as a species of human beings. Also most crime is intimate in nature, meaning that people usually commit crimes (especially violent crimes) against people they know. Only a small amount of crime is random.

And on "crime" itself it is interesting to me the criminalization aspect that many supremacists bring on black Americans when what you stated about drugs for whites is true. Whites also are more likely to be drunk drivers and kill someone via drunk driving. More whites are arrested and convicted of this than black violent criminals yet there is not a prevailing notion that all white people are drug addicts and drunks.

Why is that? IMO it is because there is not a long cultural adherence to the idea that whites are entirely negative (i.e. inferior) by most citizens in this country like they do for black people.

That said, there is a huge amount of black people who think all whites are racist because of historical actions against our demographic. I don't believe that either and do argue with black people who state it. But a majority of white people I know do have some racist views. IMO they got them because of social conditioning as racism against black people in particular is just a part of the American cultural tradition. But I don't expect every white person I meet/know to be a racist. I don't even put that idea in my mind when I meet them because I do my best not to engage in looking at a group in a racist way.

In America though, people easily do that with black people and IMO that is because the items I mentioned earlier are common cultural adherences that most Americans believe and which we groom our children to believe as well.

Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM

5,410 posts, read 4,341,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I guess that I should have phrased it that youíre judged by the company you keep.

If youíre comfortable being in the company of overt racists, then you probably share their beliefs.

If you were uncomfortable by what you saw, you probably tried to avoid people like that for the rest of your life.
Yes, and that's why I didn't go to any more meetings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Oh. Did you participate in the party?
No, I dislike stereotyping people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So we're supposed to take out cues in a White Supremacy from someone who was engaging in White Supremacy when it was in style?
I went to a meeting, not knowing what to expect, I never returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Did you post this hoping to hear that you're not a racist?
No, I was trying to educate my younger friends here what true racism is. We have made great strides in race relations, we need to find ways to come together, rather than look for more reasons to push us apart.

I coached youth basketball at the YMCA for 22 years, and youth baseball since 1986. Basketball was my favorite sport to play, kinda tough if you don't like black people. Both of my boys played baseball for a predominate black college, my DIL played softball there and my grandson has a scholarship to play baseball there.

Old Today, 12:37 AM

50,967 posts, read 26,873,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you're white and don't believe black people require help to achieve the same things as whites, you're a racist.

Do you believe black people are just as capable as whites when it comes to getting an ID? If you do, you're a racist.

Do you believe blacks are just as capable of getting good grades in school? If you do, you're a racist.

Do you believe black firefighters are capable of meetingvthe same standards as white firefighters? If yes, you're a racist.

In today's world, believing all races are equally capable means you are a racist.
African Americans appreciate your extremely paternalistic and condescending vote of confidence.

BTW...the thread wasnít about blacks. SMH

Old Today, 12:40 AM

2,933 posts, read 636,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Wow just wow. Just read many of the posts and you would think white peoples are being oppressed in this country.
The guy who was savagely beaten in D.C. a few days ago was certainly oppressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or