U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Somewhere extremely awesome
3,043 posts, read 2,473,361 times
Reputation: 2324

Advertisements

A racist is somebody (generally in a position of cultural power) who treats other people poorly (generally not in a position of cultural power) based on their race or ethnicity, or says things to that effect about them even if not directly interacting with them.

A white supremacist is a step beyond racism, because people can be racist while not caring what other people or the system does. A white supremacist wants societal structures (like government, corporations, etc.) to enforce white supremacy.

Pretty much all white people in the United States will at some point commit racist acts or make racist comments on some level, as white supremacy permeates our culture. While some SJWs may disagree with me, I think in order to actually be racists, people can't just doing these racist things out of ignorance, laziness, or fear. Of course, they should still work to stop doing those things, however.

As racism is viewed negatively in society, there are a few people (SJWs?) that use accusations of racism to try and seize power. Obviously, that is wrong, and there has been some push back against it. The solution to stopping that, however, is not being racist. The solution is calling out those who try to divide us for their own personal gain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM
 
45,752 posts, read 18,127,357 times
Reputation: 19123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Usually, but our current president has made up derogatory names for most of his opponents since before the election, so I assume you don't support him and want him out of office.

Racist white supremacist, whether overused or not, perfectly describes Donald Trump. His continued public attacks are propaganda, sowing hatred and/or disrespect for non-whites world-wide. Even his wife wore a shirt for photo ops imploring Americans to "not care" about asylum-seeking migrants (brown people).

Trump's propaganda is much worse for diminished civil rights and poor race relations than any redneck with swastika tattoos and a radio dialed to Rush Limbaugh.
Politicians have been calling each other names pretty much for 200 years. You make all these accusations, and you can't give us one single racist quote made by Trump. It's your issue, not Americas.


This while you apparently give Bernie Sanders a free pass for saying exactly the same thing. So give us a break. Nobody believes what you say except for maybe other people who hate Trump no matter what he does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM
 
45,752 posts, read 18,127,357 times
Reputation: 19123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
A racist is somebody (generally in a position of cultural power) who treats other people poorly (generally not in a position of cultural power) based on their race or ethnicity, or says things to that effect about them even if not directly interacting with them.

A white supremacist is a step beyond racism, because people can be racist while not caring what other people or the system does. A white supremacist wants societal structures (like government, corporations, etc.) to enforce white supremacy.

Pretty much all white people in the United States will at some point commit racist acts or make racist comments on some level, as white supremacy permeates our culture. While some SJWs may disagree with me, I think in order to actually be racists, people can't just doing these racist things out of ignorance, laziness, or fear. Of course, they should still work to stop doing those things, however.

As racism is viewed negatively in society, there are a few people (SJWs?) that use accusations of racism to try and seize power. Obviously, that is wrong, and there has been some push back against it. The solution to stopping that, however, is not being racist. The solution is calling out those who try to divide us for their own personal gain.
That's bull****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Florida/Tennessee
2,529 posts, read 4,336,552 times
Reputation: 1386
It's not a matter of, you're a racist or you aren't..... there's a scale of racism/prejudice. When you apply that "equally", and blind to the color of your skin, there it is. (without prejudice)

My view of racism and my individual prejudices are/were formed from my experiences and Christian upbringing. My views are less about what I was told or what I feel and more about my tacit experiences.

I don't like Tom Brady and the Patriots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Seattle
903 posts, read 334,057 times
Reputation: 968
Apparently any caucasian with a heartbeat LOL. This is the reason why this topic has become trivial and tired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM
 
10,385 posts, read 10,386,023 times
Reputation: 4026
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I must be a low class liberal too because I don't see anything very racist about that statement. Let's face it, we are always hearing about ghetto people (supposedly all on welfare, druggies, murderers) and Obama is the opposite of that stereotype. Fact is a lot of people remain stuck in that stereotypical lifestyle and most of us hope the situation will improve. Facts are facts. It's not racist to praise Obama for escaping from the stereotype. It may be slightly offensive to single him out as being unique, but it is not racist.
I agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM
 
10,385 posts, read 10,386,023 times
Reputation: 4026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I know several.

1. White age 62.Son of well to do farmer. Lot's of muscle and has beat up about 300 people. He is so bad that I think he is a Sociopath. Goes to church now days and the church is family oriented but pretty racial. All he talks is hate. ******s, Spics, Jews.

His favorite line is " You are dumber than a day old ****** baby girl."

2. Says "I like him a lot; but he is still a ******"

This is the Racism I see daily in Western Mo.





I think any white person that says they don't know a person of these types is either; protected, naive or a liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Florida/Tennessee
2,529 posts, read 4,336,552 times
Reputation: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I think any white person that says they don't know a person of these types is either; protected, naive or a liar.
It's called the "Jussie Smollett syndrome".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM
 
137 posts, read 55,105 times
Reputation: 217
Maybe it is behavior rather than skin color. I have no problem with blacks that work hard, are independent of government, raise families and live the “American Dream”. I respect and admire black conservative Republicans. I do not like black liberals and that is my right. I see videos of blacks throwing water on white police and it makes me sick to my stomach. I see videos of groups of black men and women beating up a single white person. There are blacks that are racist. They think that if you are a white republican than you are a racist, based on what the media and Dems spoon feed them. I have had black males glare at me when I say hi to them in passing. Twice in the last 6 months I have let black males in front of me in the checkout line and they would not thank me or even acknowledge me. Last week on the metro I called out to a black male that he left behind his cell phone, he would not even look at me. What I am trying to say as it is not so much a person’s color that is being judged but his/her behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM
 
10,385 posts, read 10,386,023 times
Reputation: 4026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelliebell View Post
Maybe it is behavior rather than skin color. I have no problem with blacks that work hard, are independent of government, raise families and live the “American Dream”. I respect and admire black conservative Republicans. I do not like black liberals and that is my right. I see videos of blacks throwing water on white police and it makes me sick to my stomach. I see videos of groups of black men and women beating up a single white person. There are blacks that are racist. They think that if you are a white republican than you are a racist, based on what the media and Dems spoon feed them. I have had black males glare at me when I say hi to them in passing. Twice in the last 6 months I have let black males in front of me in the checkout line and they would not thank me or even acknowledge me. Last week on the metro I called out to a black male that he left behind his cell phone, he would not even look at me. What I am trying to say as it is not so much a person’s color that is being judged but his/her behavior.

Not you Nellie. Do have any acquaintance's that are like I describe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top