U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM

10,392 posts, read 10,389,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's anyone who doesn't agree with Democrats.
You are just full of nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM

4,771 posts, read 942,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Well the problem is that most people try to make excuses for their racist behaviors. Much easier to not see it when it doesn’t affect you. And much easier to just discounted as the crazy people are attacking me.
How one fixes their racist behavior and comments not out of being politically correct but because it is the right thing to do can be hard when such lines (being PC vs. it being the right thing to do) are sometimes blurred.

Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM

15,522 posts, read 7,931,231 times
Some clues someone embraces white supremacy:

1 - They think that a majority of black people are criminals
2 - They believe that black people have an inferior (i.e. "bad") culture
3 - They believe that black people are of inferior intelligence
4 - They believe that black families/parents are inferior (i.e worse) in comparison to white, Asian, and/or Latino families/parents

Lots of people hold the above beliefs. They are white supremacist racists and most won't admit they are. Note that many non-white people hold the above beliefs.

You're welcome

Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM

4,992 posts, read 1,864,868 times
Question: What is a racist-white supremacist nowadays?

Answer: Many also call them Trump supporters nowadays.

Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM

446 posts, read 177,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I am 68, white and raised in the deep South. I remember white and colored R/R's and water fountains(50s-60s), sitting in a restaurant where black people weren't allowed inside but had to knock on the backdoor to order-pay-receive their food (1972). I went to a white people party rally (early 60s), I was the only one there without a gun. There were machine guns, cannons, you name it-it was there. I shook hands with JB Stoner (look him up on google), now he was a real white supremacist. I remember when Lester Mattox was the Governor of Georgia. We had white and black schools until late 1969. I had a full beer bottle thrown at my head during the '68 riots.
The words racist and white supremacist that are used so often today are meaningless. The words white privilege and racist are so misused it's laughable.
Agreed. Those were some really ****ty times back then. And in that context today's racist is laughable. But still a racist nonetheless. We've evolving. It takes time

Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM

I'll note on the OP that the only difference between the time you grew up and today is that today if government or an individual takes a direct action to support their white supremacist/racist views with action - then they will be "shamed" by society.

However, most Americans still have the same inferior view of black people today that they did in the past and want to "keep" us in a "place" that they feel we deserve because of our, in their view, inferior status as human beings.

IMO people get confused about racism in thinking that it is "hate" or some sort of discriminatory rule/behavior instead of seeing it as a psycho-social condition that people are reared with that makes them believe that white people are better (i.e. superior) than all others and so should be treated in a better way than those deemed as inferior.

Most of the comments on the thread, interestingly are either stating one of the 4 I mentioned above, or are attempting to "tell" black people what to do, in a paternalistic manner, in order to make us "better."

Another defining characteristic of a white supremacists is

5 - They think that they know better than black people what black people are doing or should be doing with our lives.

Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,339,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Some clues someone embraces white supremacy:

1 - They think that a majority of black people are criminals
2 - They believe that black people have an inferior (i.e. "bad") culture
3 - They believe that black people are of inferior intelligence
4 - They believe that black families/parents are inferior (i.e worse) in comparison to white, Asian, and/or Latino families/parents

Lots of people hold the above beliefs. They are white supremacist racists and most won't admit they are. Note that many non-white people hold the above beliefs.

You're welcome
Lets say your observation is correct. How do you disprove what others claim to be true? It has to be provable and measurable.

Is that racist of me?

Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM

8,316 posts, read 11,168,454 times
Did you post this hoping to hear that you're not a racist?

Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Lets say your observation is correct. How do you disprove what others claim to be true? It has to be provable and measurable.

Is that racist of me?
What has been proven?

I just provided a list of how to tell someone is a white supremacist racist....

None of the things on the list have been proven by white supremacists yet they still believe them.

Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM

14,636 posts, read 22,481,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I am 68, white and raised in the deep South. I remember white and colored R/R's and water fountains(50s-60s), sitting in a restaurant where black people weren't allowed inside but had to knock on the backdoor to order-pay-receive their food (1972). I went to a white people party rally (early 60s), I was the only one there without a gun. There were machine guns, cannons, you name it-it was there. I shook hands with JB Stoner (look him up on google), now he was a real white supremacist. I remember when Lester Mattox was the Governor of Georgia. We had white and black schools until late 1969. I had a full beer bottle thrown at my head during the '68 riots.
The words racist and white supremacist that are used so often today are meaningless. The words white privilege and racist are so misused it's laughable.

What is a white-supremacist racist nowadays?

Oh, that would be a Republican voting Black American.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Youíre a white supremacist if you believe that black people canít take care of themselves and need smart, wealthy white people to take care of them.

i.e. the Democratic Party
Exactly this.

It's all centered around victimhood. There's a whole industry built up around it. This includes our "healthcare" system, government intervention into any human frailty, or perceived thereof.

Last edited by McGowdog; Yesterday at 01:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or