U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 05:26 PM

447 posts, read 122,931 times

Advertisements

In the last 22 years we have gone there a lot and really loved it. We went 2 years ago and I was disgusted by how dirty it was and saw people shooting up. I feel for the homeless people and don’t know what the answer is. At this point I have no desire to go back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 05:29 PM

21,164 posts, read 10,196,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Lots of people spending precious time vilifying a city they’ve probably never visited.
So the tents, the feces and needles on the street is okay with you and you see no problem there.

Something tells me if we were talking about the border you'd be posting about the horrible conditions and saying something should be done.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:57 PM

1,319 posts, read 290,745 times
San Francisco is #5 on Orkin's list of the most rat-infested cities in America. It has also been inundated with human feces all over the streets and sidewalks. Basically the leftists that run San Fran have created their own little utopia there where you have the few "haves" (the leftists) who can afford to live there, and the vast majority of have-nots who can't afford to live there or even afford to use indoor plumbing.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:00 PM

7,109 posts, read 4,042,072 times
San Francisco is hands down one of the most beautiful cities on this continent. Hands down.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:03 PM

1,399 posts, read 311,588 times
Not surprising that Trump slams the cities of his biggest critics. What city is next: Minneapolis, Minnesota?

Old 07-28-2019, 06:04 PM

5,025 posts, read 3,005,108 times
”I was raised by conservatives, and have realized that it is a scam. What you are implying by your question is that liberals have caused this problem. How? because the homeless from all over the USA go to where its warm and have to be dealt with there? Its not that the conservatives have figured out how to deal with this problem(or any other problem really), there is just a vague blame that all us conservatives(former conservatives) just knew to be true. Are there underlying issues? your right there are, thats how come the majority of Americans want to address those underlying issues. Affordable education because everyone needs education these days, medical care both health and mental health, drug policy overhaul. Youve got the federal govt still wants to jail people, ruin there lives and force them into homelessness due to marijuana convictions for christs sake. So I would ask you, how do would a conservative solve this problem, A 16 year old gets busted for a minor crime in a state that is "hard on crime"(if your poor), kicked out of school, put in a jail program, has criminal record and no education. No money, no home, police harassment for existing in public. Person moves on place to place, now they are in your conservative wonderland where I am now asking you, How do you justify things like this? and what is the conservative solution, or any solution which I would say that you must have if you are asking how some other people could justify causing this problem, you must exist in an area where they have a solution. And moving those people to some other place is not an option for your answer.”

Old 07-28-2019, 06:07 PM

51,038 posts, read 26,910,452 times
So Trump is an expert on urban renewal now, huh?

Let’s talk about what he did to beautify Atlantic City.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:10 PM

1,626 posts, read 2,833,515 times
There he goes again, bashing American cities when he is the president of America.

I wonder how posters here would react if it were Ilhan Omar bashing American cities.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:10 PM

11,427 posts, read 2,833,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Lots of people spending precious time vilifying a city they’ve probably never visited.
You don't have to visit if you live downwind

I had friends there years ago so was a frequent visitor. I kept forgetting that summer is usually the coldest time of year, which is why I have so many wool sweaters -- all bought at Macy's SF

Old 07-28-2019, 06:13 PM

13,729 posts, read 7,488,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
”I was raised by conservatives, and have realized that it is a scam. What you are implying by your question is that liberals have caused this problem. How? because the homeless from all over the USA go to where its warm and have to be dealt with there? Its not that the conservatives have figured out how to deal with this problem(or any other problem really), there is just a vague blame that all us conservatives(former conservatives) just knew to be true. Are there underlying issues? your right there are, thats how come the majority of Americans want to address those underlying issues. Affordable education because everyone needs education these days, medical care both health and mental health, drug policy overhaul. Youve got the federal govt still wants to jail people, ruin there lives and force them into homelessness due to marijuana convictions for christs sake. So I would ask you, how do would a conservative solve this problem, A 16 year old gets busted for a minor crime in a state that is "hard on crime"(if your poor), kicked out of school, put in a jail program, has criminal record and no education. No money, no home, police harassment for existing in public. Person moves on place to place, now they are in your conservative wonderland where I am now asking you, How do you justify things like this? and what is the conservative solution, or any solution which I would say that you must have if you are asking how some other people could justify causing this problem, you must exist in an area where they have a solution. And moving those people to some other place is not an option for your answer.”
Are these your words?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or