U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

17,396 posts, read 10,298,564 times

Advertisements

Never really thought about this, but depends on how states treat these things.

California vehicle code, for example, states you could be charged with a misdemeanor if you fail to report damage to property (pets are considered property in many states).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...2k1XOEgoAlDOdw

Quote:
On July 24 -- in what Joe's rep told TMZ was "a freak accident" -- one of the newlywed stars' two Alaskan Klee Kai dogs, Waldo, died after he was spooked by a pedestrian, broke free from his dog walker, who had him on a leash, and ran into the street where he was hit by a car.

The driver, who has not been identified, sped off. TMZ now reports that even if the person is found, there's no chance of a criminal case being filed by authorities because it's not a crime to leave the scene in a case like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM

2,241 posts, read 720,224 times
Their beef is with the dog walker who couldn't control the dog if you ask me. That said, if I hit a dog I would stop and check if it was okay, if I could get it medical attention or if it had been killed by the accident. I would also check for a tag to get ahold of the owner and let them know what had happened.

Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM

9,696 posts, read 4,640,615 times
Dog walker's fault. If they can't control it, should not be walking it.

Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM

4,761 posts, read 938,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Dog walker's fault. If they can't control it, should not be walking it.
While I normally agree with you on this, even if you had the a properly-trained and behaved dog on a walk, at any moment any outside factor could cause the dog to snap or get nervous!

Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM

29,656 posts, read 15,543,544 times
Why would the driver be charged?

Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM

8,829 posts, read 2,524,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
While I normally agree with you on this, even if you had the a properly-trained and behaved dog on a walk, at any moment any outside factor could cause the dog to snap or get nervous!
That doesn't make the owner or person responsible for the animal any less responsible for what the animal does.

The driver and the dog are the victims in this story.

Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM

1,838 posts, read 536,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Proper training would assure the dog doesnt get spooked by anything. But people usually dont get that kind of training for their dogs. So the owner can wallow in their own guilt that they didnt train the dog. They probably wont though, they'll blame anyone but themselves.

Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM

8,829 posts, read 2,524,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Proper training would assure the dog doesnt get spooked by anything. But people usually dont get that kind of training for their dogs. So the owner can wallow in their own guilt that they didnt train the dog. They probably wont though, they'll blame anyone but themselves.
That is the American way.

Old Today, 12:00 AM

27,171 posts, read 9,220,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Why would the driver be charged?
That is strange !!!
The dog clearly attacked the car in a careless manner with no consideration for the driver !!!
The driver sped off to find a lawyer and soon the dog walker and the owner will be hearing from the lawyer who will sue their pants off !!! Open and shut case if I've ever seen one !!!
People should remember if this ever happens to them, Call Saul !!! Immediately !!!

Old Today, 07:12 AM

5,270 posts, read 3,664,103 times
I guess I have committed a criminal act several times .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or