U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 09:19 PM

30,517 posts, read 20,172,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Deficits ONLY come from spending.

I hope liberals join to call for spending cuts.
Republicans are afraid to shut down the government because they get blamed for not cooperating with Democrats.

It doesn't really do any good to cut spending, lose the House and/or Senate and have even larger deficits when the Democrats take over.

It's a lose-lose for Republicans and Democrat know it.

My solution is to start cutting left-leaning states loose.

Start with California and New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 09:20 PM

10,739 posts, read 10,916,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Oblubber was pres for 8 years, and increased the national debt by $9 trillion over that time-an increase of over $1 trillion a year. So Trump has increased it by $2 trillion in 2 1/2 years? Not acceptable-but not the budget disaster of Obama. Still, we DO need to reign in government spending. Debt is going up in spite of record revenues. We don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem.
Another right winger giving dubyas mess a free pass and trying to blame Obama. Shocking

Old 07-29-2019, 09:23 PM

10,739 posts, read 10,916,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Republicans are afraid to shut down the government because they get blamed for not cooperating with Democrats.

It doesn't really do any good to cut spending, lose the House and/or Senate and have even larger deficits when the Democrats take over.

Do it. Well known the lowest economic output and highest poverty rates are in hardcore Trump states like ms, WV, AL etc.

Considering those states benefit more from federal spending than they remit in taxes, it will be quite the wake-up call to them

https://www.apnews.com/2f83c72de1bd440d92cdbc0d3b6bc08c

Old 07-29-2019, 09:24 PM

259 posts, read 235,402 times
Quote:

There are any number of red states that would be in a world of trouble since the blue states support many of the red states.

I was typing while you were, chopchop0 ��

Old 07-29-2019, 09:30 PM

1,847 posts, read 468,290 times
Trump was known as the King of Debt by bank lenders.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:32 PM

3,777 posts, read 3,107,445 times
Quote:

Cut out the 5th most lucrative economy in the world? Discard the business capital of this nation, this continent, maybe the world?

Noooooo

Old 07-29-2019, 09:45 PM

17,725 posts, read 11,267,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Fair and balanced .. Finally!

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-an...-obama-1451474

Although then-candidate Donald Trump promised in 2016 to eliminate the national deficit if he was elected president, the deficit has actually ballooned significantly since he took office and is projected to grow substantially moving forward. Fox News anchor Chris Wallace confronted acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney about this fact Sunday, pointing out that the deficit had begun decreasing under former President Barack Obama before Trump took over.

"After dealing with the Great Recession in his first term, the deficit under Obama dropped by an average of 11 percent a year in his second term," Wallace pointed out to Mulvaney who also serves as Trump's director of the Office of Management and Budget on Fox News Sunday.

"The deficit has increased by 15 percent a year in President Trump's first two years. Under President Trump, our national debt has increased by more than $2 trillion," Wallace continued. He pointed out that estimates project that the amount will "top $4 trillion," if a bipartisan budget supported by the president goes through.

You know things are bad when Fox starts turning on Trump. This week he was tweeting about how unhappy he is to see them falling in line with everyone else. Even Fox can't cover for him forever.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:47 PM

34,509 posts, read 41,651,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama's solution to fix GM was to give them a special bankruptcy so he could throw a mountain of money at them without forcing substantial changes. What an idiotic move.

Then 8 years later he finishes with $1.42 Trillion in his last fiscal year while telling multiple lies about it...

Obama simply failed. So is Trump.
And without Obamas actions there would be no more auto industry in the USA.

Old Yesterday, 12:53 AM

34,738 posts, read 33,779,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Wallace does what journalists are supposed to do: He asks realistic questions backed by accurate and rigorous research. It's no surprise that most Fox viewers tune out Chris Wallace in favor of the butt kissing Sean Hannity.
Well, Wallace has a Sunday morning show on regular Fox (the broadcast not cable news channel) and no one watches him there, either.

Average viewers first quarter of 2019:

Network Program Total Viewers
NBC Meet the Press 3,729,000
CBS Face the Nation (1/2 hr) 3,403,000
ABC This Week 3,058,000
FOX Fox News Sunday 1,444,000 (less than half of the broadcast channel in third place)

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/sund...rch-31/398538/

Note: I go by total viewers not the demo the way the advertisers want it because 25 year olds and 75 year olds have the same one vote.

I call him, Negative Nancy. I don't blame Democrats at all for not wanting him to moderate their debates. I don't want him moderating ours. His panels are comprised of Democrats and NeverTrumpers.

I watch Maria Bartiromo on Sunday morning for the business edge she brings to the political table. She's also, no nonsense.

Old Yesterday, 01:14 AM

26,875 posts, read 11,286,234 times
Quote:

Show me a state that isn't in debt. Just one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or