U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 09:34 AM

67,166 posts, read 34,201,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Blah, blah, blah, blah. Thought and prayers for yet more victims. The US has surrendered to criminals who easily access guns.
Just think if the Slaves had easy access to M-16's & AR-15's.
Would they have been slaves?
You people like to submit, eh? What if I wish to make you my Property?
Someone is going to have a gun, to make you submit. Or will you be the one, that secretly has a gun and want everyone else unarmed?
What protects you when you say, NO? The evil eye?

Old 07-29-2019, 09:42 AM

29,521 posts, read 40,009,803 times
Another right wing terrorist attack likely inspired by the hateful rhetoric of none other.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:43 AM

5,676 posts, read 2,093,091 times
The Garlic Festival shooting demonstrates that right wing domestic terrorism is a bigger safety threat than illegal immigrants.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:45 AM

67,166 posts, read 34,201,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We have a problem with people getting shot and killed as if they are in a war zone! Can't take our children out anymore because we are providing the enemy (criminals) with unlimited access to guns and ammunition.

Wow! Who knew, everyone has no self control and wants to kill someone.
Murder is still murder.
Do not confuse self defense against those that have no self control, with Murder.
Would you go out of your way to PO someone, if you knew they were armed?
Are you projecting how you would act with a firearm?
Kids had their own arms, when I was growing up. No one died.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:48 AM
Status: "This is the best of all possible plutocracies." (set 13 days ago)

18,616 posts, read 8,391,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Freedom & Liberties, have become a criminal act, eh?

It is the scary black rifle.... When handguns are the weapon of choice. Why is that? Because governments fear the rifle, way more than the upclose and personal, handgun. That is capable of holding just as many rounds as a modern sporting rifle.
No. Just pointing out that easy access to firearms is a double-edged sword. As people love to point out, criminals find it easy to get guns. Among other reasons, because we have a huge reservoir of firearms in circulation already.

It's the world you argue for, isn't it?

Old 07-29-2019, 09:50 AM

9,795 posts, read 10,552,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

funny how this Brooklyn mass shooting has been ignored by the media

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...513326071.html
Why is this not getting more coverage??

Old 07-29-2019, 09:51 AM

3,100 posts, read 957,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The Garlic Festival shooting demonstrates that right wing domestic terrorism is a bigger safety threat than illegal immigrants.
Who says this is right wing?

Old 07-29-2019, 09:52 AM

326 posts, read 63,798 times
I haven't seen any news reports identifying the shooter or his motives. Given how often initial reports of just about everything have turned out to be wrong, it's probably not a good idea to jump on any bandwagons yet.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:54 AM

63,449 posts, read 34,671,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The anti-farts are loud vandals, but the right wing terrorists are deadly.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:55 AM

2,853 posts, read 968,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Husband owns and has a CCW. Guess he should carry to the Garlic Festival? To quote him recently and hear this gun advocats, "I know my limitations". LAW ABIDING, 70 year old with Parkinson's. At the very least in a mass shooting, he would probably ending up shooting himself in the foot before he shot any mass shooter. But aren't guns supposed to be the Great Equalizer? Never saw a sign "No Guns Allowed" at this Garlic Festival.
Be prepared to see such a sign in the future, if liberals have their way.

Guns are not a complete equalizer, but they provide a lot of equalization.
Good that he knows his limitations. I know mine, too.
I am not such a great shot, so, unless I have the guy
in the clear, and at close range, my gun stays hidden.

Quote:
Does the gun carrying torch now fall to ME for protection? ROLF Not happening. So I suppose if we are involved in some mass shooting, we DESERVE to be shot because I refuse to know how to shoot a gun with nothing to do the Gun Laws, or Gun Free Zones.
Quote:
No, it doesn't fall to you, but to the nearest
able bodied person who has the mental capacity
to deal with a firefight.

I seem to be reading between the lines of what some are saying on this thread. If you have the choice, not these State gun laws , and don't arm yourself, you deserve to to killed.
Nope. You're not reading between the lines,
you are reading what is not there at all.
You do not have the mental/emotional capacity
to deal with a firefight, so it falls to the guy who does,
and if he or she refuses to defend you, then he or she
is negligent in their civic duty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or