U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 05:20 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,814,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Trump inherited $400 Million and the company and infrastructure his Daddy built.

All he had to do was change office. Hard work...

He was basically broke in the 90s because of all his bad investments.. common knowledge!
He was then saved by Russian Oligarch money buying rubbish property and selling at loss to launder money.

So if it's that easy, why do so many people who win multi millions in the lottery end up broke in a matter of a few years?

It's not what you have that's important......

It's what you do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 05:27 AM

11,654 posts, read 5,961,871 times
I don't like winner mentalities, either.

Winner mentalities, also, were pushed by the liberals.

Trophies given, were actually atrophies of personal development.

I don't like the Bernies, much.

Bernie thinks of himself as the Wizard of Oz. He just may be. He just may be to his supporters.

Just wait till his balloon pops.

I don't think he's very well cushioned for his fall. He's been adding sand bags to bring him back to earth.

Where did he get the sand for his bags? From the donators!

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 07-29-2019 at 05:44 AM..

Old 07-29-2019, 05:31 AM

18,405 posts, read 9,059,727 times
It's not just Bernie supporters. All the Democrat candidates want to appeal to the lowest common denominator and slackers.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:42 AM

14,758 posts, read 9,181,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
At least he knew his daddy !!!
That’s it? Really?

Old 07-29-2019, 05:48 AM

63,371 posts, read 34,537,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
Unmotivated people who blame others for their problems. A few that I know complain about having a low-age job but refuse to get a higher-paying job if it means they have to work longer or have more responsibility or learn new skills.
I know Bernie supporters in my line of work (software engineering) and they are doing just fine.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:56 AM

14,758 posts, read 9,181,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Most prefer a rich successful man over a sniveling leftist has-been. America will pass on being converted into Venezuela.
Again without daddy’s money Trump would of been a nobody.
Sure Bernie was poor and yes he was on some sort of government assistance. Yet he WORKED his way out of the hole he found himself in. Helped people was arrested for fighting for something he believed in wrote a book, book made him rich still helps people. I don’t see Hillary or Trump helping anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So if it's that easy, why do so many people who win multi millions in the lottery end up broke in a matter of a few years?

It's not what you have that's important......

It's what you do with it.
Stressed, it’s what you do with the money that makes the difference. Trump was smart about it but without he would of been a bum. Oh wait he is a bum.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:57 AM

19,488 posts, read 12,340,809 times
Quote:
Unmotivated people who blame others for their problems. A few that I know complain about having a low-age job but refuse to get a higher-paying job if it means they have to work longer or have more responsibility or learn new skills.
Most dems are that way, as they are a party of victims. Successful people do not perceive themselves as victims and have a positive outlook on life.

Ever run across a happy lib? They all seem pissed off at the world about something. I could not go through life that way, as I am an unabashed optimist. Heck, I have found positives with having cancer; my wife says I would find the good aspects of hell and enjoy being there.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:21 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,814,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Again without daddy’s money Trump would of been a nobody.
Sure Bernie was poor and yes he was on some sort of government assistance. Yet he WORKED his way out of the hole he found himself in. Helped people was arrested for fighting for something he believed in wrote a book, book made him rich still helps people. I don’t see Hillary or Trump helping anyone.

Stressed, it’s what you do with the money that makes the difference. Trump was smart about it but without he would of been a bum. Oh wait he is a bum.

And yet here he is . ... President of the United States of America.

Arguably the most powerful man in the world......

And with all of your brilliance and insight.....

You're not.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:29 AM

10,333 posts, read 6,333,923 times
Quote:

With the Bernie supporter I know, I can't say he was a loser. He did have a low wage job, but was a good solid worker. But he didn't want to better himself, and was fine with what he did. I will say, when we are all in a group and see something really nice, like a boat or expensive car he is the only one that will whine about " it must be nice to be able to afford that" while the rest of us just appreciate it for what it is.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:29 AM

51,038 posts, read 26,910,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You have the political/cultural equivalent of Stockholm syndrome.

Direct enough for you?
Nah. No idea what you’re talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or