Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 07:05 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Assuming a whole lot of nothingburger facts not in evidence, stating a whole bunch of conclusions based upon them …… a Trumpling syndrome.

Yeah..lol.

Except that I've been reading his posts for years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 07:31 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
IOW, a deadbeat. Living off the labor of others.
No. Far from it.

I know how to help myself and others. I just have no desire to join the high income industries (even though I am smart enough) and work in an over-saturated industry filled with people trying to get ahead.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:35 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,647,878 times
Education has skyrocketed, food, rent, housing all very high, esp. in places people want to live in. Corporations expecting blood from workers, overworked, underpaid so the company can get richer. It wasn't like this decades ago, people could get ahead. People could buy a house, buy a car outright, educate their kids w/ minimal loans, eat well, go on vacation, etc. It's all changed. Not losers. It's the systems in place are only favoring the wealthy to get wealthier. Working harder, some people working 2 jobs isn't gonna change anything. People have to tame their costs, too, be responsible, be careful. Previous generations seemed better at that.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:36 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It means that you're so emotionally invested in being a victim that you literally don't know how to be anything else.

So much so that you empathize with those who would keep you a victim.

So much so that you advocate the classification of others as victims as well.

When in reality, your victim status is made of nothing but your own imagination.
Explain. I’m not getting anything from your post. Too nebulous.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:38 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
So why do you expect others who are motivated to be more successful to support you? Do you see your lack of motivation as some sort of inherent disability?
What makes you think he needs support?

Old 07-29-2019, 07:42 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,175 times
Quote:
So why do you expect others who are motivated to be more successful to support you?

Do you see your lack of motivation as some sort of inherent disability?
There is no disability.

People who vote for candidates who care like Bernie or Williamson and not just technocratic elite understand life is not based on how great you are or how much you achieve, but how you affect the people around you.

All my friends and family have high ambitions and go on to do advance things. The party I was invited to was for someone who just got their medical degree and moved to Los Angeles, my sister is now working for a corporate consulting firm in DC, my cousin is going to law school, my other cousin is working in Hollywood after graduating from Columbia, and the rest of my family is filled with doctors and engineers.

There are also people who are struggling in life in my family as well. I don't care about any of them. I don't care about their urban lifestyles, or their excessive partying. In fact I hate partying.

And I don't want these upper class elite to 'help' me either. I want them to stop destroying the world for everyone else. Their greed and ambition has hollowed out small communities, increased property prices, destroyed social culture, and made the simplistic tasks seem extreme.

Their lives create gentrification, excessive consumption, and an arrogant culture with no sense of place. I want someone who is not focused on maximizing opportunity in this country but giving power back to common folk. A society of love and beauty and kindness, not one of power.

And they do not create sustenance, and no one owes them anything. But bankers and financial executives are worse than this upper class, and I don't hate this upper class. I just see them as misguided fools who think they are doing the right thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ7n4bOLNwc

Old 07-29-2019, 07:57 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,092,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Every Bernie supporter I know waits tables for a living, or is broke. None that I know of have college degrees, not one single person.
The same can be said of a whole helluva lot of other people of all political persuasions.

Tennessee's college completion rate is 32% per ed.gov, incidentally.

My friends who support Bernie are middle-aged and middle-class, and they've worked hard their entire lives.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yes because suckers like you put him there thinking he cares about you. Some rich trust fund baby cares about you.

Nice jab by the way I guess when you have nothing else to say that’s interesting.

If you think any politician in Washington actually cares about you instead of lining their own pockets and increasing their own power and aganda......

I have a nice bridge for sale that you should look at.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Explain. I’m not getting anything from your post. Too nebulous.

There's a saying in the motorcycling community.....

"if I have to explain, you won't understand" .

It holds true in many situations.......

Including this one.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What makes you think he needs support?
I never said that I thought he needs support.

But if he's admittedly a person who has no motivation to be successful in life, and is also a Bernie supporter....

It's pretty obvious that he thinks he should be supported by others.

As if lack of motivation is some sort of disability that's not his fault......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies