Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 06:29 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Again without daddy’s money Trump would of been a nobody.
Sure Bernie was poor and yes he was on some sort of government assistance. Yet he WORKED his way out of the hole he found himself in. Helped people was arrested for fighting for something he believed in wrote a book, book made him rich still helps people. I don’t see Hillary or Trump helping anyone.

Stressed, it’s what you do with the money that makes the difference. Trump was smart about it but without he would of been a bum. Oh wait he is a bum.
You sound like a brainwashed, moronic TROLL. Trump made his money, legitimately in the private sector providing a product people voluntarily BOUGHT.

Bernie and politicians like him just use taxpayer money and their pollical position to sell books, speaking engagements FEES for political influence, use insider trading, and other manipulative things to attain wealth. All on the backs of the TAXPAYER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 06:37 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Was there a major thaw in Russia? Did the Vodka truck not make it to the local distributer yesterday?

There's gotta be some reason all these bots made it to their cubicles this morning.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:40 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah. No idea what you’re talking about.

It means that you're so emotionally invested in being a victim that you literally don't know how to be anything else.

So much so that you empathize with those who would keep you a victim.

So much so that you advocate the classification of others as victims as well.

When in reality, your victim status is made of nothing but your own imagination.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:41 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Every Bernie supporter I know waits tables for a living, or is broke. None that I know of have college degrees, not one single person.

I've weeded out most idiots from my Facebook but I have kept a few people I do like politics aside.

One person I used to work with (I waited tables in college) literally said, "If you make $1,000,000 I can't wait to tax the f*** out of you and take most of it, because you could still live a good life with only $XXX amount."

It's disgusting.

Why even want to go to work and try to achieve success?
Meet one who doesn't. I have a college degree and was retired (no Pension or fat Portfolio) and voted for Bernie in the Primary. I worked with mentally impaired adults and special needs children in public schools.

Yes, I could have made far money money than $15/hour if I had gone into Law, but I wanted to do something more meaningful and give back to society. Stress the latter.

Now maybe you could make the case that I leeched off my husband who made 6 figures in the IT world. Does that count? I have thanked him that he made it possible for me to work at something I truly loved doing, rather than at at job I hated just to accumulate money.

Many years ago, we knew a very wealthy family. The man started his own medical supply company. One year he told us he paid $500,000 in personal taxes. "I don't need that money". "If someone else can use my tax money, so be it".

What a sucker, right? Guess what political party he belonged to?

Old 07-29-2019, 06:42 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If you don't want much of anything material out of life, you don't need much of a job.
That's true, and there is nothing wrong with that. Just don't complain about your "lot in life" if you are unwilling to work to improve it-and don't expect hard working people to support you with a lifestyle that goes beyond your efforts.

And I find the OPs observations to be in line with mine. The Berniebots I know either are young kids that don't work, or people that have managed to scam the "disability" game. Or...government employees.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:43 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
I'm a (probably) Bernie voter and I'm not motivated to become rich or 'successful' in the ways modern society likes.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:44 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
Unmotivated people who blame others for their problems. A few that I know complain about having a low-age job but refuse to get a higher-paying job if it means they have to work longer or have more responsibility or learn new skills.
Observe the people in the background of his crowds. Blue hair, and lips dripping with metal. Nuff said.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:44 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It means that you're so emotionally invested in being a victim that you literally don't know how to be anything else.

So much so that you empathize with those who would keep you a victim.

So much so that you advocate the classification of others as victims as well.

When in reality, your victim status is made of nothing but your own imagination.

Assuming a whole lot of nothingburger facts not in evidence, stating a whole bunch of conclusions based upon them …… a Trumpling syndrome.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I'm a (probably) Bernie voter and I'm not motivated to become rich or 'successful' in the ways modern society likes.
IOW, a deadbeat. Living off the labor of others.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:02 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

So why do you expect others who are motivated to be more successful to support you?

Do you see your lack of motivation as some sort of inherent disability?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies