Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 08:20 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Tailored to the individual instead of forcing me, a single guy to pay for female crap. What I had paid for me and only me. Way it should be.
All insurance, public and private, mutualizes risks.

How would any insurance be customized for 365 million people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 08:26 AM

33,310 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Really? Will price standards for international drug prices is being open for public comment cover my hospitalizations and my lab work? How about my mammograms and colonoscopy? Will it ensure my preexisting conditions don't make me ineligible for coverage? Will it ensure that my insurance can't drop me if I reach some arbitrary limit? Do tell how this is going to provide healthcare.

Having insurance through the ACA is better than not having any insurance. Trust me, I know this firsthand.

Trump has no idea how anything works. Expecting him to come up with a plan is like expecting an infant to do advanced math. It's simply beyond his simple little mind. And most Republican's minds, too, it appears.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:30 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,905,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Who cares where it is

It's better left up to the 50 states anyways, as labs to put in effect what is best for their own residents

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Because Cancer is somehow different in Georgia than say, New Mexico?

Attempting to patronize doesn't make for good discourse

p.s. Leave it up to the states instead of being a control freak

Old 07-29-2019, 08:31 AM

Days before the 2016, Trump was out there continuing to promise to repeal and REPLACE Obamacare with something better that would take care of everyone at a fraction of the cost. Trump said it was going to be easy.

He was silent on the topic of healthcare during his Inauguration address. Hmm.

Weeks later, he let loose with no one knew healthcare was complicated and committed to REPLACING Obamacare before tax cuts.

And here we are....

Old 07-29-2019, 08:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
All insurance, public and private, mutualizes risks.

How would any insurance be customized for 365 million people?
Lol..the more these people talk, the sadder and more ignorant they sound.

He parades around here as some wealthy railroad guy that even owns his own airplane, but then admits to dropping his insurance over the cost hike when the railroad has dynamite health insurance that was totally unaffected by Obamacare .

Maybe he should sell the damn plane and buy insurance instead of being a burden to the rest of us who actually pay our damn premiums and don’t want our rates to rise because of the unpaid hospital bills left on the table by the uninsured.

Last edited by desertdetroiter; 07-29-2019 at 08:39 AM..

Old 07-29-2019, 08:37 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I knew a railroad engineer 20 years ago. He bragged how awesome his health insurance was. I doubt much changed.
They have AMAZING health coverage on the railroad. No railroader should be uninsured.
Quote:
Trump changed the rhetoric from repeal to REPLACE.

Trump campaigned on REPLACING Obamacare with something better that would take care of EVERYONE at a FRACTION of the cost.

It is now apparent to the most casual observer, these were empty words. It’s right up there with Obama’s blah blah about how the ACA was going to cover EVERY American and cut a typical family’s premium by $2500.

TWO back to back POTUS’ over promised and under delivered.

Going into 2020, there’s the Medicare for All thing being pushed by some Democrats vying for the nomination. The thing about Medicare is that no provider can be mandated to accept Medicare for reimbursement. While most do, many limit the number of Medicare patients.

Medicare is closing in on 55 years old. Medicare Part D for medication coverage is now 13 years old. Nonetheless, no Congress has agreed to authorize Medicare to negotiate medication prices or purchase meds in bulk from other countries. It is my understanding the Trump Admin wants to grant authority to states/ Medicaid to buy from other countries. Not clear if this is an actual intent or a negotiation tactic.

So long as politicians put politics and lobbies before all else, not likely much will change in any meaningful manner.
It’s going to take a very strong Administration to get Congress to cooperate on negotiating drug prices. It’s Big Pharma’s WORST nightmare.

President Bush could’ve done it when he signed Part D legislation, but he let Big Pharna get to him.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:39 AM

6,796 posts, read 14,018,392 times
The GOP learned that you can't lower prices and cover folks with pre-existing conditions at the same time. They had grand plans until it became time to implement them. They never ever had a credible plan and Trump was blowing smoke the entire time. They have never had a replacement plan for Obamacare. Trump convinced the gullible that he had a master plan and will only reveal it when the time is right. That time will never arrive but yet they cheer him on.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:40 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Days before the 2016, Trump was out there continuing to promise to repeal and REPLACE Obamacare with something better that would take care of everyone at a fraction of the cost. Trump said it was going to be easy.

He was silent on the topic of healthcare during his Inauguration address. Hmm.

Weeks later, he let loose with no one knew healthcare was complicated and committed to REPLACING Obamacare before tax cuts.

And here we are....
Don’t forget this little jem too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5p7...&feature=share

Old 07-29-2019, 08:41 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
My premiums were going up every year before Obamacare, and the deductibles as well.
As did everyone's. At a higher rate than before the ACA. Of course that is an ignored truth.

Doing nothing is not an option.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
My prices WERE lowered. Trump enacted a new policy whereby pharmacists were no longer FORBIDDEN to tell customers of cheaper alternatives (as they were under Obama). This new "freedom" that allows a pharmacist to tell the truth about where you can get cheaper prescriptions has dropped my insanely priced prescription that was formerly around $500 (and yes, that's WITH Obamacare) by more than half - to slightly over $200.

And if it happened with me, it's the same with millions of others
Let’s take a deeper dive into this topic.

“ Gag Orders” were contract issues between some private pharmacies and some pharmacy benefit managers that handle prescription medication benefits for insurance companies. Not all benefit managers imposed “ gag orders” on all pharmacists. While I do not take any medications, my husband makes up for it. His scripts are filled by CVS who has historically disclosed less costly alternative meds. Obviously not all healthcare plans used benefit managers who imposed “ gag orders”.

The dif between your experience and mine are anecdotal.

States have been dealing with the “ gag order” issue for years. 16 states had already banned “ gag orders. When enough states take legislative action, momentum begins. It becomes easier to enact federal legislation. Democrats introduced a bill in Congress to ban “ gag orders”. It passed on a bipartisan basis and Trump signed it.

Had there been no state precedent, not likely the billed would have passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies