Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 01:07 PM

472 posts, read 431,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
"Trump promised he would lower drug prices. That was a monstrous lie. As president, he nominated an HHS Secretary directly from Eli Lilly, gave $7 billion in tax cuts to the four biggest drugmakers and tried to throw 32 million off of their health coverage." --Bernie Sanders
He promised to actually create something? I thought his entire campaign was about bringing down all the good things that President Obama and Bush had done. Oh! And grab em by the ***** ... that actually won him 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 01:10 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Exactly. When Obamacare was enforce, I paid so much more than before that garbage was forced upon America. And I'm not alone. I had a number of pro-demlib co-workers back when Obama was pushing his crafted healthcare scam and they were all for it and then some. Months after it was enforced all I heard everyday in the office from these co-workers was btching and complaining about how much it cost them to insure their family of 4 and 5. Hahaha. I saw that coming a mile away, as did most of us with common sense. The vast majority of those who benefited from Obamacare were those who collect government assistance for a living.
Since they were your co-workers did your company not pay anything into healthcare? Certainly sounds like it.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:13 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post
He promised to actually create something? I thought his entire campaign was about bringing down all the good things that President Obama and Bush had done. Oh! And grab em by the ***** ... that actually won him 2016.
Look at the unemployment numbers, for one. Economy is doing awesome. He supports our military, he supports our police, he wants to deport and keep criminals from crossing into America illegally. You're absolutely correct, he's completely the opposite of what Obama is/was and will always be. Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it....

Trump 2020!

Old 07-29-2019, 01:13 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post
How is that? I sometimes wonder if people like you have any brains left. Can't make an argument when cornered but will still blabber "something something Obama" out.
The ACA was a failure.

Additionally, it allowed the government to force people to buy something from a list of private companies selected by government officials. How unAmerican is that.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:15 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
"Trump promised he would lower drug prices. That was a monstrous lie. As president, he nominated an HHS Secretary directly from Eli Lilly, gave $7 billion in tax cuts to the four biggest drugmakers and tried to throw 32 million off of their health coverage." --Bernie Sanders
"-where is it?" The same pace your pay check is.
Health care is NOT a fed responsibility.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:17 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wait. Wasn't Obamacare supposed to do this? Are you saying that Obama and Sanders lied to us about Obamacare?

Why aren't you cheering Trump's attempts to repeal Obamacare?

Big fail on this.

(Oh, BTW, Colonel Sanders also said that Baltimore was a dump)
"Wasn't Obamacare supposed to do this?" Don't you mean the AFFORDABLE (which it isn't) Care Act.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:23 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Since they were your co-workers did your company not pay anything into healthcare? Certainly sounds like it.
Companies dropped coverage because the insurance companies were going out of business. Does that ring any bells? Some had no choice but to sign up for the ACA program.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:24 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The ACA was a failure.

Additionally, it allowed the government to force people to buy something from a list of private companies selected by government officials. How unAmerican is that.
Waiting on the great plan Trump said he would replace it with.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:27 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Companies dropped coverage because the insurance companies were going out of business. Does that ring any bells? Some had no choice but to sign up for the ACA
I'm a company owner. We did not drop coverage. ACA actually stopped the rampant year to year health insurance increases for group insurance. If your company dropped employee coverage it was not because of the ACA. In fact, this is more likely since Trump took office and began crippling the ACA. Prices for group insurance has dramatically risen.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:28 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
Drug prices? Just another Trump lie.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/drug-pr...mes-inflation/

The economy is doing awesome??? Sure if you're in the top 10%. For the rest of Americans inflation is killing families and incomes are going south. Most of good American manufacturing jobs are gone.
Just as Trump promises they were replaced, yes, but with what, low paying, no benefit service jobs.
i.e., Walmart gave all their employees a raise and then cut their hour to 28hrs a week ending any healthcare they might have had. Not to worry, they now qualify for Medicaid and I have no doubt that you don't mind your tax dollar going to pay for what the billion dollar corporation do not. Good for you.

This is the truth of Trump's promises:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZD_xyAjC-E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies