U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 10:26 AM

6,008 posts, read 4,598,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
What's with the quotation marks around the word "youths?" I've seen that before on this forum and each time, the youths were black or Latino.

The fact is, they are youths...children under the law. Then again, the US is one of only a handful of countries that tries children as adults with adult sentences and adult jails. There are a lot of supporters of these policies despite the fact that medical science has demonstrated time and again that young brains are not fully developed until the early-20's and that impulsiveness, inability to grasp the consequences of their actions, peer influence, and many other factors mean that young people should NOT be treated like adults, no matter how serious their crimes and how badly a community wants vengeance.

White kids do things like this too, you know. What a strange paradox when young people are not considered mature or responsible enough to drink, vote, smoke, get married, or join the army, but when they commit crimes - even heinous ones - they should be treated and punished like adults.
No, white kids do not do things like this nearly as often. If they did, there would thousands of videos like this. You wouldnít have to look very far to find 100 of them. When it comes to our urban friends, there is a staggering number of videos showing the lootings of stores, random knockout game attacks on innocent civilians and 20 to 1 gang beatings which are always followed by picking the pockets of the soon-to-be hospitalized victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 10:33 AM

14,034 posts, read 12,750,469 times
This is a tough one. Will the liberals side with the Muslim or the blacks? Too bad neither were white, it’d be easy.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:34 AM

10,521 posts, read 6,380,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Youtz. When are we going to start treating young thugs like the predators they are?

This poor guy was minding his own business in Baltimore when he was surrounded by thugs who proceeded to pummel him--and, of course, empty his pockets.

IF they're apprehended, the usual coddling and protection of the "youtz" will start, beginning with the withholding of their names.

The video is disturbing:

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/video...ght-on-camera/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bal...outputType=amp

Typical cowards. Have to fight in a group or when the person is down keep beating him. Same thing in Detroit, and DC...
Head stomping someone that is down should automatically be attempted murder (unless in self defense) and this should be a hate crime.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:36 AM

10,521 posts, read 6,380,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
No, white kids do not do things like this nearly as often. If they did, there would thousands of videos like this. You wouldnít have to look very far to find 100 of them. When it comes to our urban friends, there is a staggering number of videos showing the lootings of stores, random knockout game attacks on innocent civilians and 20 to 1 gang beatings which are always followed by picking the pockets of the soon-to-be hospitalized victim.
You are absolutely spot on with this. Can't address it though without fear of being called a racist....

Old 07-29-2019, 10:37 AM

63,449 posts, read 34,677,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Youtz. When are we going to start treating young thugs like the predators they are?

This poor guy was minding his own business in Baltimore when he was surrounded by thugs who proceeded to pummel him--and, of course, empty his pockets.

IF they're apprehended, the usual coddling and protection of the "youtz" will start, beginning with the withholding of their names.
Where did you get the 'youths' from?

From your article

Quote:
Police, the ATF and the FBI are searching for two men and a woman who police say assaulted the employee while he was walking in the first block of Albermarle St. around 6 a.m. Wednesday. Police said the suspects also stole his car keys.
Maybe they should call them youths, since they obviously were youths. Trump-youths maybe......

Old 07-29-2019, 10:46 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,758,955 times
I feel bad for the people of Baltimore that are stuck there. Otherwise it is advisable to avoid the area like the plague!!

Old 07-29-2019, 10:46 AM

19,746 posts, read 12,427,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpaid poster View Post
Not every liberal believes in immigration so stop the nonsense. Most liberal posters on the internet donít go around posting about open borders.

I donít know every juvenile in Baltimore but I do know that if a society has a lot of underage people committing crimes, then that society is failing. We know how most kids in those neighborhoods are gonna end up, in prison. We know that since the moment they are born.

No one cares. Not their parents, not the people in their neighborhoods, not their mayors, not the senators or congressman, not the president, not the residents in other areas. Nobody except the people who benefit from their crimes and their prison sentences.

Their destiny is prison or death. It is what it is. If you are not gonna help them at least stop attacking them and feel greatful you were not born in that environment. Next time visit a ghetto look at a 4 year old child and thank god your future was not his.

Bullcrap-

We as humans are given free will and a chance to choose our actions. Those kids chose their path in life and will, as you point out, no doubt spend most of their lives in prison.

As a civil society, one cannot allow crimes to go unpunished, otherwise anarchy sets in.

Their representative, Cummings, has failed them terribly, as he is focused on hating Trump and helping illegals, not his own constituents.

Liberalism helped establish that situation through Johnson's "Great Society" and the initiation of the welfare state, which destroyed the family unit. Throw in the drug culture (courtesy of the Frankfurt School) and a liberal city government and you have perpetual poverty.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:03 AM

11,807 posts, read 8,382,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpaid poster View Post
We are suddenly so concerned about Baltimore

Bunch of hypocrites. As if you cared for those people at all. You donít give a crap about kids growing up in an environment full of crime. You donít care that their destiny is prison for life as other people enjoy the millions they make with their drug rings and for profit prisons.

Just stop, your fake concern is not necessary. Just go back to your suburbs or town and pray that you will never end up living in a place like that.
The concern was for the poor victim.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
That wasn't really my point and I'm not going to invest much time into arguing it. I might note that one possible reason you don't see so many videos of white kids behaving badly is due to the media sources where you get your news from. I have an app that shows me articles and news stories from the left, right, and center, and the right-wing media seems to be really feed off the fear (and clicks) of crimes committed by minorities. They also seem to like reporting on female teachers who sleep with their underage pupils. Don't know what that's about.

My original point was that youths are youths, children are children, regardless of the color of their skin. They do stupid stuff, and sometimes they cross the line and hurt people. If you consider the living conditions and culture of violence, poverty, and celebration of criminal culture many urban black youth grow up in, it's not surprising that they do awful **** like this. But they're still kids and that is the main point. They can change, be rehabilitated, grow up, learn respect for others. However, that isn't going to happen in adult prisons.
I tell you what. Go to Baltimore. Get your head handed to you. Then come back here and say they are just youths. They can be rehabilitated. Hopefully after you have been been beaten to the point you are unconscious your brain can be rehabilitated too!! They do stupid stuff? OMG talk about out of touch! You talk about feeding off of fear? You can't be serious. Go leave Toronto and go to Baltimore and lets see how your opinion changes!

Old 07-29-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Don't make assumptions about me.

I've been a high school teacher in some of my city's most troubled neighbourhoods. I don't need to go to Baltimore to get assaulted, threatened, or harassed by young people. I also worked with young people long enough to see the difference between their cognitive development and that of an adult.

Aside from that, I have people in the South Bronx and spent a lot of time there in the early aughts. I encountered a lot of delinquents walking the streets of Mott Haven and Hunts Point. They can be crazy, cruel, and completely lacking respect for other people and respect for life. But they are still kids and to pretend they aren't goes against what medical science and psychology has shown over and over again.
Liberalism is a disease! Lol. Your opinion is your opinion. I can't change your mind. Believe what you like. I saw the reality of crime. You teach. I respect the profession. I was a cop. I dealt with reality. We will never agree on the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or