Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 05:52 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times

Advertisements

Liberals, please explain while "we" the American voter would want any of this:

1. We want jobs and fair pay, but want to tax corporations heavily, to a point of being non-competitive with the rest of the world in what is now a world economy.

2. We want to continue the unfair trade policies which have seen the demise of American manufacturing over the last 25-30 years as they moved overseas, accelerated by #1 above as well.

3. We want free college for everyone on the tax payer with no plan where the money is going to come from. Plus, your degree is going to be worthless if everyone has one.

4. We don't want any new power plants even though many of our larger (and liberal) cities are growing and experiencing blackouts. Lets demolish existing hydro-electric dams as well! Don't forget to drive your SUV to the anti-fossil fuel rally!

5. We want to push new green deals and the like, while happily having all our goods made overseas with the dirtiest forms of energy on the planet, and shipped half way around the world in container ships purportedly responsible for 28% of the worlds transportation pollution.

6. We want open borders and equal rights for ILLEGAL immigrants, a lawless revolving door justice system that only softly slaps their hands for the theft, rape, and murders they commit while only offering "meh, sorry" to the victims and their families.

7. We want to criminalize the US Citizen that injures or kills the ILLEGAL immigrant in #6 above while protecting themselves, their loved ones, or their property, take their guns away and toss them in jail.

8. We want our cheap poor quality foreign made junk, and don't care if the people that make it live in wire cages 10 per apartment or if that junk breaks or wears out quickly, explodes, shorts out, poisons us and our pets, or burns our house down.

9. We want free healthcare, legal representation, food stamps, housing, and schooling for ILLEGAL immigrants while those working and paying taxes and health care premiums face a poorer quality of life.

10. We want sprawling homelessness, mentally ill, and drug addicts on the street. The drug dealers that sell to them are ok if they only have a certain amount on them or less. When they rape or kill again after being released for the 16th time its the victims fault. Oh and I almost forgot, sorry you have to die waiting in the ER because it's full and some homeless druggie is having his 13th overdose.

11. We can't have a secure border, but it's ok for our liberal Czar's to have large walls around their estates and security at the entrances.

12. We want to give billions in "aid" to countries that hate us, when we need billions right here at home for replacing and updating our countries aging infrastructure.

I'm sure I missed something?

Old 07-23-2019, 05:55 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,102 times
You missed the trees for the forest.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:01 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
A good deal.

Maybe we can discuss if you choose one outrage at a time.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:07 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:

1. We want jobs and fair pay, but want to tax corporations heavily, to a point of being non-competitive with the rest of the world in what is now a world economy.

2. We want to continue the unfair trade policies which have seen the demise of American manufacturing over the last 25-30 years as they moved overseas, accelerated by #1 above as well.

3. We want free college for everyone on the tax payer with no plan where the money is going to come from. Plus, your degree is going to be worthless if everyone has one.

4. We don't want any new power plants even though many of our larger (and liberal) cities are growing and experiencing blackouts. Lets demolish existing hydro-electric dams as well! Don't forget to drive your SUV to the anti-fossil fuel rally!

5. We want to push new green deals and the like, while happily having all our goods made overseas with the dirtiest forms of energy on the planet, and shipped half way around the world in container ships purportedly responsible for 28% of the worlds transportation pollution.

6. We want open borders and equal rights for ILLEGAL immigrants, a lawless revolving door justice system that only softly slaps their hands for the theft, rape, and murders they commit while only offering "meh, sorry" to the victims and their families.

7. We want to criminalize the US Citizen that injures or kills the ILLEGAL immigrant in #6 above while protecting themselves, their loved ones, or their property, take their guns away and toss them in jail.

8. We want our cheap poor quality foreign made junk, and don't care if the people that make it live in wire cages 10 per apartment or if that junk breaks or wears out quickly, explodes, shorts out, poisons us and our pets, or burns our house down.

9. We want free healthcare, legal representation, food stamps, housing, and schooling for ILLEGAL immigrants while those working and paying taxes and health care premiums face a poorer quality of life.

10. We want sprawling homelessness, mentally ill, and drug addicts on the street. The drug dealers that sell to them are ok if they only have a certain amount on them or less. When they rape or kill again after being released for the 16th time its the victims fault. Oh and I almost forgot, sorry you have to die waiting in the ER because it's full and some homeless druggie is having his 13th overdose.

11. We can't have a secure border, but it's ok for our liberal Czar's to have large walls around their estates and security at the entrances.

12. We want to give billions in "aid" to countries that hate us, when we need billions right here at home for replacing and updating our countries aging infrastructure.

I'd try to answer some of those points, but I think you have already made your mind up and aren't going to consider any other possibilities than your own views. So, I will just save my breath.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:09 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Explain to me why the GOP hasn't fixed immigration yet. We clearly need illegals to do jobs citizens won't do, and the right is happy to employ them and demonize them at the same time

Old 07-23-2019, 10:09 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Don't forget every legal firearm owner is the problem. Not the criminal.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:12 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
Sums it up.

Especially the outright stupidity about loving the environment and then cheering for garbage imports and the countries they come from and ignoring everything else involved with their shiny plastic disposable $11.99 toaster.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:

13. Can't give billions in aid to our own crumbling infrastructure when Trump just looted the treasury with yuuuge tax cuts helping the wealthiest the most, after all they aren't paying for themselves and now we are looking at trillion dollar annual deficits.

But I'm guessing you don't care about that

Btw #6 is a complete right wing talking point. Illegals commit crimes at a lower rate than citizens and the vast majority of mass shootings in this country the last several years have been committed by citizens, all male, many with right wing tendencies

Old 07-23-2019, 10:28 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Explain to me why the GOP hasn't fixed immigration yet. We clearly need illegals to do jobs citizens won't do, and the right is happy to employ them and demonize them at the same time
They had two years... no excuse. Trump tried... Congress failed.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They had two years... no excuse. Trump tried... Congress failed.
Trump didn't try. Trying means you have to offer something to the other side

The closest we got was the gang of 8 under Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies