Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 06:31 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Wait, the article in the link you provided simply repeats the dodgeball story, where did you see this other info as I apparently missed it.
TX runner posted the NBC story link. It states the game they were playing was tips, NOT dodgeball. Tips involves throwing a ball into the air to catch it. The bully threw the ball at the kid's head when he got mad.

Here is the link to the story TX runner posted
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...njury-n1037181

Old 07-31-2019, 06:36 PM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
TX runner posted the NBC story link. It states the game they were playing was tips, NOT dodgeball. Tips involves throwing a ball into the air to catch it. The bully threw the ball at the kid's head when he got mad.

Here is the link to the story TX runner posted
Ahh, ok, your post made it sound like your link had the additional info. I found this line a bit perplexing and amusing however:

Quote:
Tips is similar to dodgeball. but instead of throwing the ball at each other, children toss the ball into the air and then jump up and catch it.
That doesn't sound anything similar to dodgeball Kinda like saying that volleyball is kinda like basketball but instead of dribbling and throwing the ball through a hoop you bump the ball with your hands and fingers over a net. Or am I just not picturing this "tips" game correctly

Old 07-31-2019, 06:42 PM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
And charges are dropped. It's really surprising that this story shocks people so much. It must happen at least 100 times a day across the U.S. Overprotective parents bring charges against other kids from recess/gym incidents all the time. Technically, they have a right to do this. I'm sure there are tons of them from parents of one race against parents of another race. If action were taken by the court against this kid, it would have been at least somewhat surprising. Essentially a police report was written, investigated, and dropped. I still don't know why this would make the news.

I actually had this happen to me when I was but a wee lad (grade school) and got into a bit of a tussle with another not quite so wee lad. His parents made it a legal issue. I bet the kid felt worse about what his parents did than anything I did to him

Old 07-31-2019, 07:05 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
http://kcfj570.com/2019/07/31/prosec...-assault-case/

Here is a little more to the story. The victim is a kid with a medical condition who already had been targeted in the past.

They were not playing dodgeball and the throw that hit the kid had nothing to do with the game they were playing.

While I agree it is best that assault charges were dropped, the initial story showed the sheer laziness and incompetence of the media. The true story is a special needs kid was bullied, but that apparently doesn't generate as much outrage and clicks as a false report of apparent racist generated assault charge on an angelic altar boy.
Again, the mother should be held responsible. It appears that other children have thrown the ball at the child. The mother didn’t care enough then to remove her child from those activities, though she knew he could be seriously injured. But schools are babysitters for too many parents. They aren’t concerned enough about the well-being of their own children.

The throw that hit the kid had everything to do with the game. The fragile kid threw the ball and 10-yr old missed for some reason. We don’t know what the situation was with the game. He might not have been playing fairly. Maybe that’s why others had done the same to him. It’s not right but boys throw balls at each other went they are mad. Kids can be mean.

No one said the boy that threw the ball was an angelic altar boy. He was a rough playing boy who didn’t control his anger when he didn’t “win.” Discipline and teach the child. This is the age for that.

The mother of the fragile child needs to be more responsible- period.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Again, the mother should be held responsible. It appears that other children have thrown the ball at the child. The mother didn’t care enough then to remove her child from those activities, though she knew he could be seriously injured. But schools are babysitters for too many parents. They aren’t concerned enough about the well-being of their own children.

The throw that hit the kid had everything to do with the game. The fragile kid threw the ball and 10-yr old missed for some reason. We don’t know what the situation was with the game. He might not have been playing fairly. Maybe that’s why others had done the same to him. It’s not right but boys throw balls at each other went they are mad. Kids can be mean.

No one said the boy that threw the ball was an angelic altar boy. He was a rough playing boy who didn’t control his anger when he didn’t “win.” Discipline and teach the child. This is the age for that.

The mother of the fragile child needs to be more responsible- period.
It happened at recess where it was assumed they were playing a non violent game, not dodgeball. Only the bully decided to wail someone in the head.
Perhaps the bully should have been the one removed from recess as he evidently can not play a game without becoming a threat to others. Maybe then he can learn that actions have consequences instead of trying to get out of things by having the family pull the race card.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:35 PM

Mom got 15K in go fund me account to pay legal fees. With charges dismissed wonder where the cash will go?
Lesson learned by 10 year old: do the wrong thing, become a celebrity and make coin.

https://www.facebook.com/cameishi.triplettlindley

Old 08-01-2019, 04:39 AM

Quote:
It happened at recess where it was assumed they were playing a non violent game, not dodgeball. Only the bully decided to wail someone in the head.
Perhaps the bully should have been the one removed from recess as he evidently can not play a game without becoming a threat to others. Maybe then he can learn that actions have consequences instead of trying to get out of things by having the family pull the race card.
The charges were dropped. Who knows how much of that was true. No one know if he was a bully or if that child or mother was lying. On thing is for sure, the mother is irresponsible. The boy wasn’t a threat. The fragile child should have never been in the game. Even if the child did purpose throw the ball, children do things like that all the time. This is where you discipline and train them, not put them in the criminal system. The boy was targeted. The child said nothing about race either. Don’t make things up because you support criminalizing children.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Mom got 15K in go fund me account to pay legal fees. With charges dismissed wonder where the cash will go?
Lesson learned by 10 year old: do the wrong thing, become a celebrity and make coin.

https://www.facebook.com/cameishi.triplettlindley
Good for her and the young boy. That’s the irresponsible mother’s fault for creating this whole scenario and then the charges were dropped the day before.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:33 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Well he has learned something, and that is that the race card is going to be an important weapon in his life that will allow him to get away with all sorts of anti-social and uncivilized behavior.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:41 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Non violent dodge ball?

How do you play that game?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies