Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 08:12 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Yet. Muslims tend to wait until they have a certain amount of people before they begin to demand Sharia from their country.
So we'll start addressing Muslim homophobia & intolerance when they get enough legislators in office to do what the Christian Right has been doing for the last 30 years. Deal?

Old 07-29-2019, 08:13 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So we'll start addressing Muslim homophobia & intolerance when they get enough legislators in office to do what the Christian Right has been doing for the last 30 years. Deal?
Then you better hope they don’t start hurling them from roofs.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:17 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Quote:
By then it’ll be too late. Before it comes to legislation you’re going to see more Pulse Nightclub type shootings and late night murders of gay people. That’s what they do to gays in their home countries.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Then you better hope they don’t start hurling them from roofs.
Quote:
By then it’ll be too late. Before it comes to legislation you’re going to see more Pulse Nightclub type shootings and late night murders of gay people. That’s what they do to gays in their home countries.
I like how both of you implicitly acknowledge that your fear is that Muslims get powerful enough to oppress gays like the Religious Right does.

Do I really need to say more?

Old 07-29-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I like how both of you implicitly acknowledge that your fear is that Muslims get powerful enough to oppress gays like the Religious Right does.

Do I really need to say more?
When was the last time Christians threw gays off the roof, murdered them in the streets, and called for them to be put in prison for being gay?

Old 07-29-2019, 08:45 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
When was the last time Christians threw gays off the roof, murdered them in the streets, and called for them to be put in prison for being gay?
While Nigeria is mostly Muslim, Christianity is the second major religion. The country also has some pretty strict anti-gay laws. Sure, those are perhaps more so from sharia law but I would think that some of the radical Christians practice similar laws.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Uganda and it's 85% Christian population would like a word with you.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:07 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
While Nigeria is mostly Muslim, Christianity is the second major religion. The country also has some pretty strict anti-gay laws. Sure, those are perhaps more so from sharia law but I would think that some of the radical Christians practice similar laws.
Is Saudi Arabia "largely Christian"?
Iran?
Pakistan?
Iraq?
Yemin?
Indonesia?
Egypt?

These are places with Muslim savages are in power and writing the laws. You can add anywhere ISIS was in power-they were after all simply "devout" Muslims. Tell me again-how well are homosexuals treated in those countries? Let alone men that pretend to be women.

Christians that don't support homosexuals don't bake them a cake. Islamists that don't support homosexuality cut their heads off, throw them off buildings or burn them alive. Just a bit of a difference in attitude. But then-the left doesn't actually CARE about homosexuals-they are just another group of pawns to be used to attack Christians. The bigotry, hatred, violence and intolerance of the left is increasing every year-before you know it they will be making Islam look welcoming, tolerant and...civilized.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Should have specified North America and Western Europe. I know there are parts of Africa and Central/South America where such laws are still in place. The post I was replying to was inferring that the religious Christian Right in USA were calling for such laws and attacks.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:16 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
For the sake of equality and diversity on this forum, thought you'd appreciate this story. Most of you only post stories about Christians shouting at gays. Bigotry comes in all shapes and sizes, right? Of course we can only assume it's a woman under there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...click#comments
Fundamentalism in all forms has its problems with tolerance and the woman should get a dope slap.

I'm trying to figure your post out:

Are you defending the rights of the homosexual under verbal assault?

Are you pointing something out that you think will irritate liberals and progressives?

Are you advocating for Christians to get a pass for bigotry because, supposedly, liberals/progressives give Muslims a pass?

I can't quite pin it down; help me out, please.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies