U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 04:38 PM
 
10,392 posts, read 10,386,023 times
Reputation: 4028

Advertisements

I doubt he will; but we are supposed to using intriguing thread titles

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/polit...ers/index.html


"I was down there also, but I'm not considering myself a first responder," Trump said. "But I was down there. I spent a lot of time down there with you."


Several days after the attacks, Trump did an interview with a German news station just a few blocks from Ground Zero. And according to a Newsday report on September 14, Trump had been spotted at Ground Zero the previous day:
"The sight of Donald Trump, every hair in place and impeccably dressed in a black suit, pressed white shirt and red tie, walking into the plaza with his cellular phone to his ear.
"'No, no. The building's gone,' he says into the phone."
The point here is that there's very little evidence to back up what Trump tried to do on Monday morning. It's also not the first time he's done it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 04:44 PM
 
7,128 posts, read 2,631,692 times
Reputation: 2821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I doubt he will; but we are supposed to using intriguing thread titles

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/polit...ers/index.html


"I was down there also, but I'm not considering myself a first responder," Trump said. "But I was down there. I spent a lot of time down there with you."


Several days after the attacks, Trump did an interview with a German news station just a few blocks from Ground Zero. And according to a Newsday report on September 14, Trump had been spotted at Ground Zero the previous day:
"The sight of Donald Trump, every hair in place and impeccably dressed in a black suit, pressed white shirt and red tie, walking into the plaza with his cellular phone to his ear.
"'No, no. The building's gone,' he says into the phone."
The point here is that there's very little evidence to back up what Trump tried to do on Monday morning. It's also not the first time he's done it.
But he did collect 150k of federal funding earmarked for small businesses negatively affected by 911 even though his business was not. Always the patriot lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:47 PM
 
5,485 posts, read 1,567,328 times
Reputation: 2314
Amazing how many people are jealous of Trump.
They despise him because he does whatever he wants.
Everyone wants to be him, but nobody has his courage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,872 posts, read 6,357,932 times
Reputation: 11684
And the unhinged, desperate, delirious attacks on our president continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
19,577 posts, read 17,821,579 times
Reputation: 17381
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Amazing how many people are jealous of Trump.
They despise him because he does whatever he wants.
Everyone wants to be him, but nobody has his courage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
And the unhinged, desperate, delirious attacks on our president continue.

Amazing all those who completely ignore all the stupid and crooked stuff Trump does just because he is the President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:55 PM
 
5,485 posts, read 1,567,328 times
Reputation: 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Amazing all those who completely ignore all the stupid and crooked stuff Trump does just because he is the President.
"Just" because he is the President.
The President is supposed to have more power than everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,872 posts, read 6,357,932 times
Reputation: 11684
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Amazing all those who completely ignore all the stupid and crooked stuff Trump does just because he is the President.
Oh, I'm not ignoring this record economy, lower taxes, record unemployment for blacks and latinos, criminal justice reform via the First Step Act, renegotiating unfair trade agreements and fighting for the American worker, building a wall and fighting to secure our border, appointing constitutionalists to the federal judiciary, and the list goes on and on. Only to the Trump deranged--who like to play the race card and fight our president at every step of the way--does the notion that progress isn't being made exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:56 PM
Status: "Quo Fata Farunt" (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Self explanatory
11,759 posts, read 4,970,099 times
Reputation: 15770
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Amazing how many people are jealous of Trump.
They despise him because he does whatever he wants.
Everyone wants to be him, but nobody has his courage.
Says the internet keyboard warrior
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:17 PM
Status: "Trump: Inept, Incompetent, Insecure" (set 21 days ago)
 
10,531 posts, read 6,228,760 times
Reputation: 7263
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
"Just" because he is the President.
The President is supposed to have more power than everyone else.

Perhaps you should read the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,872 posts, read 6,357,932 times
Reputation: 11684
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Perhaps you should read the Constitution.
An interesting discussion. I'd argue that the president does hold the most "conventional" power under our Constitution. Yes, each branch is powerful in its own right and it really takes all three to work together, but the president is a unitary entity, whereas you have to get hundreds of congresspeople on board to get something done...and even then their legislation is subject to the approval or veto by the president (yes the veto can be overridden but it's an extremely tall task), whereas the president can direct agencies and government action via executive order where authorised by law. Structurally, Congress is probably the most powerful branch as a whole, but realistically I can only think of one time in history (reconstruction led by Congress) where there was enough unity for Congress to exercise this power, something that the framers were keenly aware of when they drafted the constitution. Of course, Congress was only able to do what it did during reconstruction as several states were forcibly without congressional representation following the Civil War.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top