U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM

18,323 posts, read 9,028,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
They lost to a 15 and under boys team 5-2. My son knows someone that was just picked in the 1st round of the MLS draft. Says it's two different sports. You can't compare men's soccer to women's soccer.
The reality is that nobody will care until the next world cup in four years when the MEDIA overly promotes women's soccer, as they do with all women's sports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM

10,007 posts, read 8,239,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well sure according to the US soccer federation leadership, they have nothing to fear if they can prove it in the courts which is now in arbitration. What is the point of that statement prior to the court case.
Because the womenís soccer players and their supporters in the news media has been regularly beating up on the USS Soccer organization over this issue since the Womenís World Cup and they felt the need to also publicly respond to their statements.

Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM

10,007 posts, read 8,239,416 times
Quote:
They lost to a 15 and under boys team 5-2. My son knows someone that was just picked in the 1st round of the MLS draft. Says it's two different sports. You can't compare men's soccer to women's soccer.
https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...n-a-scrimmage/

Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM

5,308 posts, read 4,050,077 times
I don't know about this one. On the one hand, the same effort is expended by each person, man or woman, but the women still receive less money. However, the women's team as a whole may (I don't know which numbers to believe, I'm going off the first stories about this) bring in less money. It's almost like salespeople, if they're commissioned, the ones that apply more effort bring in more money. But unlike salespeople, the players don't have a lot of direct control over that so...I honestly don't know.

Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM

33,269 posts, read 14,037,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Because the women’s soccer players and their supporters in the news media has been regularly beating up on the USS Soccer organization over this issue since the Women’s World Cup and they felt the need to also publicly respond to their statements.
They both went to arbitration, it will be settled there. The soccer federation statement doesn’t change a thing, besides did you read the reply from the WNT representative.

Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM

33,269 posts, read 14,037,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The reality is that nobody will care until the next world cup in four years when the MEDIA overly promotes women's soccer, as they do with all women's sports.
Thatís not true at all the womenís soccer team is going on a 6 nation tour starting next month, but you wouldnít know that since you donít watch soccer.

Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM

18,323 posts, read 9,028,261 times
Quote:
Thatís not true at all the womenís soccer team is going on a 6 nation tour starting next month, but you wouldnít know that since you donít watch soccer.
Neither does the vast majority of Americans.

Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM

3,228 posts, read 1,714,208 times
Quote:
I watch both men's and women's soccer. Believe it or not there are several things I like better about the women's game. Less flopping, more time for play development, and a more watchable game. It is popular every 4 years. The majority of teams in the NWSL lose money. They have pretty lousy ratings. Lousy attendance overall. Lost their TV contract. I respect the hell out of the women. But like I said it is two different sports even though they are the same. I don't begrudge them a dime. If they get it then great for them.

Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM

10,694 posts, read 4,454,656 times
Quote:
I watch both men's and women's soccer. Believe it or not there are several things I like better about the women's game. Less flopping, more time for play development, and a more watchable game. It is popular every 4 years. The majority of teams in the NWSL lose money. They have pretty lousy ratings. Lousy attendance overall. Lost their TV contract. I respect the hell out of the women. But like I said it is two different sports even though they are the same. I don't begrudge them a dime. If they get it then great for them.
I saw a NWSL game on ESPN over the weekend.

I like the woman's game. It moves at a faster pace and I agree they flop less then the men.

The woman should be paid the same.

USSF receives the majority of their funds from youth sports. A lot of salaries at the state and National levels get paid from those funds.

The National body pays those salaries for National Team players, male and female.

Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM

9,898 posts, read 6,652,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Because the womenís soccer players and their supporters in the news media has been regularly beating up on the USS Soccer organization over this issue since the Womenís World Cup and they felt the need to also publicly respond to their statements.
And they deserve every bit of those brickbats.

It's not just about the players' compensation, but also playing, travel and field conditions as well as promoting their games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or