U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:29 AM

50,973 posts, read 26,873,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Youíre so omniscient but you canít answer a simple question.
Again, wealthy folkís business IS NOT your business. They donít pay you to be a guard dog for their money. In fact, they donít even recognize your existence. Putting on a cape in an effort to save the rich and their money is lame. While youíre playing Captain Retroit, theyíre laughing at you.

When youíre rich, then Iíll bother with your question. I wonít hold my breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:49 AM

2,246 posts, read 722,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Greed is now the religion of America. What other religion reflects what we have in the White House or much of congress?
Trump's brand has taken a major hit since he announced his run for POTUS, and to top it off, he isn't taking a salary.

I'm not going to say Trump isn't greedy, because everyone is to an extent, but we've had far greedier presidents in the Oval, including the two that immediately preceded him.

Old Today, 11:02 AM

1,053 posts, read 183,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Trump's brand has taken a major hit since he announced his run for POTUS, and to top it off, he isn't taking a salary.

I'm not going to say Trump isn't greedy, because everyone is to an extent, but we've had far greedier presidents in the Oval, including the two that immediately preceded him.
Your underselling the value of giving access to corporations by allowing company heads to also be in charge of regulatory bodies. Trust me that value is well above the 400k President salary. Also keep in Mind the access he is giving his kids and family, it all benefits him directly.

Old Today, 11:25 AM

9,618 posts, read 2,368,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
This is a canard.

He actually does take a salary, but it is so small compared to his other income he is able to donate the money back to the treasury and take a tax write-off for that. He works for us, theoretically at least, he is our employee.

Trumps brand is not taking a hit because he is president, the brand is taking a hit in some operations (away from Washington and overseas) because he is so much better known now, and people don't like him. Had he been an upstanding and honest citizen, people would recognize that and he would be wildly popular, his brand would be enhanced (as he had hoped). He has only himself to blame, it is not due to him doing the duties of president (remember, he claimed that his sons are running the business) but because he is so personally unlikeable.

I do, however, encourage any and all Trump supporters to patronize his operations if they wish to express fidelity to the man. Many do, of course. Go ahead, spend away ...

As it is, his company is profiting handsomely by all of the foreign government business in his New York and Washington properties, and all of the political hangers on and grifters who want access in Mar-A-Lago and Bedminster (the Trump Org doubled it's fees after Trump became president). They are also raking it in with the charges his company makes for the Secret Service staff rooms to protect him, the rooms for other staffers and aides and guests he brings, and of course the free publicity.

Last but not least, Trump engineered the mightiest tax break for himself, something he could not have done if he were not president. He had special never before seen tax breaks for the real estate businesses he and the Kushners are engaged in. Those alone are worth millions of dollars to him more than the salary we pay him.

Old Today, 11:38 AM

19,411 posts, read 12,319,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by End Game View Post
Notice how now, Bernie specifically calls out billionaires. I wonder why he doesn't hate millionaires and the 1% anymore.

I wonder if it was greed that caused him to sell out to Hillary and be rewarded with a nice new house and a pile of cash?

Yep- since Bernie has been made a millionaire by peddling his tripe, his new target is billionaires. If Bernie hits it big in the political lottery, then his next target will be trillionaires!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or