U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM

11,590 posts, read 8,495,747 times

Advertisements

Looks to me like part of the trouble people have with media is that most of us do not understand the difference between, writer, contributor, pundit and journalist. Or sources. Also all MSM is lumped together. IMO, there is vast difference between the Christian Science Monitor and a grocery store tabloid.

The journalist I am related to will not vote in a primary, It would never enter their head to contribute to a party or candidate, or even think about attending any kind of event or group that would have any connection with anything political unless sent there by their employer..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM

29 posts, read 2,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I see a future for her at MSNBC or CNN.
Most likely she will work at vox, vice news, buzz feed or huff post or any other social justice news outlets. I highly doubt mainstream left media will hire her.

Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM

11,590 posts, read 8,495,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
Most likely she will work at vox, vice news, buzz feed or huff post or any other social justice news outlets. I highly doubt mainstream left media will hire her.
After the Times found about about Judith Miller's source that she went to jail to protect, they allowed her to resign. IIRC, Fox hired her.

An industry's code of ethics is meaningless if one has no ethics.

Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM

27,169 posts, read 19,209,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
NYT may want to hire her for their editorial board.

Newest NYT Editorial Board Member: 'White Men Are ********'

Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM

3,789 posts, read 2,054,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Looks to me like part of the trouble people have with media is that most of us do not understand the difference between, writer, contributor, pundit and journalist. Or sources. Also all MSM is lumped together. IMO, there is vast difference between the Christian Science Monitor and a grocery store tabloid.
Agreed. I don't think Americans ever really understood nuance, but we have now reached epic levels of stupidity.

Quote:
The journalist I am related to will not vote in a primary, It would never enter their head to contribute to a party or candidate, or even think about attending any kind of event or group that would have any connection with anything political unless sent there by their employer..
They must be old school. I understand this mentality and professionally I can see why someone would take this stance, but journalists are people too. And this whole "unbiased" thing is a myth. There is bias in everything. The thing is: is your bias getting in the way of your objectivity? That's where the problem is. It's one thing not to participate in the political process because you don't believe in it or you're genuinely not interested. It's another thing to do it because you want to keep the appearance that you're "unbiased". A dishonest journalist is worse than a biased one IMO. Not saying that's the case with your relative. There's a generation that was trained that way. It's not right or wrong, but times have changed (unfortunately for the worst).

Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM

11,346 posts, read 2,814,328 times
'Righteous sabotage?' Yep, the Dems are sabotaging themselves all right.

Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM

5,347 posts, read 2,013,133 times
Quote:
Smart move by NPR.
You're right. Firing one staff member covers for the rest of the communist / Antifa supporting staff.

NPR would be a ghost town if they were to fire everyone else for equivalent belief.

Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM

7,085 posts, read 5,002,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
NPR, PBS and the rest of the mainstream media are populated by Far Left Progressive activists. They are scum.
So funny, but when one of their reporters steps out of line, they get fired. If one on the right does it, it gets retweeted by the POTUS. Yet you guys still cry about fake news. How blind do you have to (want to) be?

Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM

17,724 posts, read 11,267,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I'm surprised !!!

Had it been WaPo or the failing NYT she would have been up for a Pulitzer prize !!!

Failing NYT ? Failing NYT ? You really need to stop taking what Donald Trump spews as gospel, and open up your mind and do your own research before you go posting "facts".

The truth is, the NYT numbers were up $709 MILLION last year in digital sales, and should top $800 MILLION by 2020. 3.3 MILLION people subscribe to their digital media, an increase of 27 percent over 2017. In addition, the total number of paid subscriptions for digital and print reached 4.3 million, a high.

Hate to make you feel silly for posting nonsense, but you need to realize facts before you go off posting things like this. It is ok for Trump to make up things, but not ok for seemingly intelligent people to parrot what he says without checking.

Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM

5,347 posts, read 2,013,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So funny, but when one of their reporters steps out of line, they get fired. If one on the right does it, it gets retweeted by the POTUS. Yet you guys still cry about fake news. How blind do you have to (want to) be?
Which reporter on the Right (of the few that are) that Trump retweeted supports a mask wearing repetitively violent militia that

openly supports the end of the United States and

frequently intimidates the populace,

disrupts non-violent protests in an attempt to suppress free speech,

threatens even the public appearance of anyone of the mainstream political party on the other side of the isle (see the Antifa threats that had a Portland parade cancelled for having Republicans in it), and

commonly attacks people on public streets with fists, mace, and blunt instruments in 2019?

We'll wait.

Your statement is the fake news, and is unsuprising as such. Just like your MSM propaganda arm's every day "reporting".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies