U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 01:26 PM

27,205 posts, read 19,217,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verifiedcheckmark View Post
As I do a quick Google search about this type of firing. It seems that I can't pull up such article or related information. Now I have to question the authenticity of this story.
just read her twitter feed. it's easy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 01:30 PM

940 posts, read 205,950 times
I often enjoy the postings on NPR; they provide interesting side stories, useful alternative perspectives, and their Tiny Desk Concerts can be terrific. Check out the Sting and Shaggy session, for example.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:17 PM

43 posts, read 4,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
just read her twitter feed. it's easy.

I'm goign to have to email Tim pool about this. The same rules that applies to white nationalist, alt right and black conservatives also apply to the far left elements. People need to becareful with what they stand for when they are on certain aspects of employment. Like I said before. Npr and PBS is centrist. Doing radical feminism antifa, BLM activism won't sit well with centrist organizations. Like wise for anything white nationalist or a alt right. The journalist needs to work for a more left wing organization like Vox, buzzfeed or huffpost that will tolerate her activism for antifia, or work in academia.

Not for nothing. I don't agree with people being fired for their views, especially when it is away from work. These days, if you hold a certain view. Just be aware of your companies viewpoints. This journalist for example can easily get a job at huffpost or buzzfeed. She will be fine. .

Last edited by Verifiedcheckmark; 07-30-2019 at 02:26 PM..

Old 07-30-2019, 02:40 PM

3,790 posts, read 2,056,273 times
Quote:
Npr and PBS is centrist. Doing radical feminism antifa, BLM activism won't sit well with centrist organizations. Like wise for anything white nationalist or a alt right.

I agree. Honestly, if she has been working with NPR since 2011, I'm not sure it was NPR who was behind the decision. They are journalists for goodness sakes. I'm sure they knew about this activity. She didn't even write for the hard news side (or so it appears). I'm willing to bet someone else made it an issue and they just didn't want any problems. Regardless of what extremists may think, NPR is probably one of the few outlets that still has some semblance of integrity. I can't see them trampling on someone's free speech like that. But we live in a time where people's perception, however nutty or wrong, is reality, and they can't afford to look like an organization that hires extremists.

Quote:
I don't agree with people being fired for their views, especially when it is away from work. These days, if you hold a certain view. Just be aware of your companies viewpoints. This journalist for example can easily get a job at huffpost or buzzfeed. She will be fine. .

This doxing culture is out of hand. People need to worry about their own lives. If someone isn't imposing their views on you in the workplace, mind your business and leave them alone. You go looking for drama and you'll surely find it. She'll definitely be fine. The flip side about the era we're in is anyone can have a platform and make something out of it if they're committed.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:44 PM

11,392 posts, read 2,823,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
We tried to cancel the NYT for a year before we finally gave up. We called six times, sent emails, and filled out every form made available to us.
In other words, they are like Scientology

Old 07-30-2019, 02:51 PM

259 posts, read 43,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I see a future for her at MSNBC or CNN.
Yep. Al Sharpton traded in his velour jumpsuits and criminal behavior for a gig at MSNBC.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:56 PM

39,392 posts, read 20,475,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Just the fact of being white is considered "white nationalism" today.
Yep, just like you were an enemy for being Jewish. And they call the right Nazi's?

Old 07-30-2019, 03:13 PM

1,152 posts, read 409,730 times
I don't mind NPR being Left or leaning Left. That's the way the DMC and MSM would like it ,OK..I just don't want my tax dollars funding my enemy .Stop funding NPR and let them stand on their own. Again ,without my tax dollars funding them.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:49 PM

43 posts, read 4,925 times
If not journalism, the former journalist can learn to code.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:02 PM

13,721 posts, read 7,484,299 times
Quote:
If not journalism, the former journalist can learn to code.
She still works for Teen Vogue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies