U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:10 AM

7,111 posts, read 5,005,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Which reporter on the Right (of the few that are) that Trump retweeted supports a mask wearing repetitively violent militia that

openly supports the end of the United States and

frequently intimidates the populace,

disrupts non-violent protests in an attempt to suppress free speech,

threatens even the public appearance of anyone of the mainstream political party on the other side of the isle (see the Antifa threats that had a Portland parade cancelled for having Republicans in it), and

commonly attacks people on public streets with fists, mace, and blunt instruments in 2019?

We'll wait.

Your statement is the fake news, and is unsuprising as such. Just like your MSM propaganda arm's every day "reporting".
Well, you tried to narrowly define my comment to make it impossible, even though all I said was 'step out of line", but you got it almost word for word (take out the part in parenthesis about Antifa specifically). Hannity and Breitbart both repeatedly spread Russian Troll pieces about the Seth Richards Hoax. All of that starts at the top, which would be Putin:

Supports end of US, Check
Intimidates populace, check
disrupts non-violent protest to suppress free speech, check
threatens opposition, check
commonly attacks people on the street, check

Don't wait too long. Yes, I realize these things happen in Russia, but it is exactly the case I was talking about.

My point, which you seemed to either ignore, or completely miss, though, is that on the left, when people step out of line, they are held accountable by their own. Look at the difference of how Al Franken (who turns out may not be as guilty as thought) was handled, versus the accused (and likely guilty) rapist, Kavenaugh. You guys protect your own, we hold ours accountable. Will you be able to find anecdotal cases where that is not the case? I would assume yes. Some will be legit, many will be based on your own fake news and alternative facts.

My point, was, and still is, that for all the whining and all the butt-hurt your side cries about, we hold our media much more accountable than yours. You guys have to support and spread lies, because the truth does not support or promote your agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,197,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
I don't mind NPR being Left or leaning Left. That's the way the DMC and MSM would like it ,OK..I just don't want my tax dollars funding my enemy .Stop funding NPR and let them stand on their own. Again ,without my tax dollars funding them.
They are decidedly not left. They are as dead center as you can find in domestic journalism today.

Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM

8,977 posts, read 8,013,573 times
You can't really fire a freelancer. You can decide to not use their services in the future, but they're not your employee, so......

Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM

27,205 posts, read 19,217,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
They are decidedly not left. They are as dead center as you can find in domestic journalism today.
lmao. only a far-leftist could be blind enough to make this claim.

christian science monitor does a vastly better job of being dead center than npr.

Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM

42 posts, read 4,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
lmao. only a far-leftist could be blind enough to make this claim.

christian science monitor does a vastly better job of being dead center than npr.
Npr is more center left than anything.

Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM

11,610 posts, read 8,500,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
I don't mind NPR being Left or leaning Left. That's the way the DMC and MSM would like it ,OK..I just don't want my tax dollars funding my enemy .Stop funding NPR and let them stand on their own. Again ,without my tax dollars funding them.
From your lips to G-d's ears.

Jeez, wouldn't it be great if we could determine how our taxes were used.

I would not give the Pentagon a dime for a base or troops outside the USA.

I would not give a dime for road construction on federal land so oil companies could access petroleum leases.

And I'd damn sure let Israel stand on their own.

Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM

2,586 posts, read 4,345,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
From your lips to G-d's ears.

Jeez, wouldn't it be great if we could determine how our taxes were used.

I would not give the Pentagon a dime for a base or troops outside the USA.

I would not give a dime for road construction on federal land so oil companies could access petroleum leases.

And I'd damn sure let Israel stand on their own.
Then if this were true... you'd be a dictator. Unfortunately for you and fortunately for the majority of Americans, we have representative rule.

I guess you believe in single party rule too? If you had stated we live in a time of over taxation with under representation then you invite a discussion, but alas... I digress.

Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM

11,610 posts, read 8,500,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Then if this were true... you'd be a dictator. Unfortunately for you and fortunately for the majority of Americans, we have representative rule.

I guess you believe in single party rule too? If you had stated we live in a time of over taxation with under representation then you invite a discussion, but alas... I digress.
Sorry, should have inserted a laughing face. I was being a smart ass.

I really do not think anybody is over taxed, well maybe property taxes in Texas cities.

Old Today, 02:08 PM

1,149 posts, read 409,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If NPR is "Dead Center " as you say . You have a problem in defining Centrists and we have a problem in " Journalism ".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies