Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 11:02 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

You know... the soon to be terrorist organization...

‘Journalist’ Fired from Contributing at NPR Over Antifa Activism

“I know freelancers are meant to be good little precarious workers and suck it up and keep mum in these situations, but, naw,” she continued. “My ‘activist stance’ can be boiled down to a very simple political worldview: ‘Up, up, up with the workers! Down, down, down with the Nazis!’ Seems pretty reasonable to me.”

That might be reasonable, but for the fact that these “Nazis” Kelly speaks of do not exist. By Nazis, she means supporters of President Donald J. Trump – all 63 million of them.

The Rundown first reported on Kelly after she defended the terrorist Antifa member who attempted to blow up a U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement (ICE) facility in Tacoma, Washington, just weeks ago.

“Some of the reporting around Willem Van Spronsen’s last stand has been inaccurate & biased in favor of ICE,” Kelly Tweeted Sunday. “He targeted *the parking lot* where the vehicles used to deport prisoners are kept, not the prison building itself. Make no mistake: this was an act of righteous sabotage,” she said at the time.

Smart move by NPR.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:08 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

“I know freelancers are meant to be good little precarious workers and suck it up and keep mum in these situations, but, naw,” she continued. “My ‘activist stance’ can be boiled down to a very simple political worldview: ‘Up, up, up with the workers! Down, down, down with the Nazis!’ Seems pretty reasonable to me.”

That might be reasonable, but for the fact that these “Nazis” Kelly speaks of do not exist. By Nazis, she means supporters of President Donald J. Trump – all 63 million of them.

The Rundown first reported on Kelly after she defended the terrorist Antifa member who attempted to blow up a U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement (ICE) facility in Tacoma, Washington, just weeks ago.

“Some of the reporting around Willem Van Spronsen’s last stand has been inaccurate & biased in favor of ICE,” Kelly Tweeted Sunday. “He targeted *the parking lot* where the vehicles used to deport prisoners are kept, not the prison building itself. Make no mistake: this was an act of righteous sabotage,” she said at the time.

Smart move by NPR.
I'm surprised !!!

Had it been WaPo or the failing NYT she would have been up for a Pulitzer prize !!!

Old 07-30-2019, 03:21 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,367,819 times
As an independent who just wants a balanced view, npr is trash. Totally useless.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:06 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
NPR, PBS and the rest of the mainstream media are populated by Far Left Progressive activists. They are scum.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:18 AM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
A columnist at Teen Vogue. Busy indoctrinating teen girls.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:08 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
She commented on music for NPR and wrote for a teen magazine.

No where in my world would she be considered a journalist.

I get my instruction on what a journalist does from the person whose Pulitzer is on the bookshelf next to my computer.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:17 AM

159 posts, read 61,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Smart move by NPR.
I'm no fan of Antifa. But depending on state and local laws. I hope she can get a lawyer and mitigate this out. Here in NYC, if one is involved in certain politics even unpopular politics like white nationalism. An employer can not fire you for off clock politics like going to rally or protests, and if so such firings can be challenged via civil court. I wondered if she was fired in NYC btw? PBS is public channel. As a public channel, PBS has to be neutral to all sides. I know PBS Newshour is very center, while NPR is to the left.

As for Antifa? Antifa has committed acts of violence in recent years such as a professor who beat the crap out of a man with a bike lock, to harassing and brutally beating a gay journalist named Andy Ngo, starting fights with the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer (organizations that I also disagree with), to even calling black people the N word while wearing masks. Antifa has done questionable acts of violence, and like I said before violence is never the answer. I can understand the need to end white supremacy, and racism, getting people fired from their jobs and stuff, but Antifa is using the same tactics as the white nationalist and white supremacist. Its not going to work at the end of the day, and will cause many to distance themselves from the group.

And for those on the left like BLM, SJW, Antifa, Radical Feminists. Such types of people need to be careful about their politics and also be aware what type of industries they work in that are outside the Academia, publishing, journalism, media woke industry apparatus. If you are going to protests, and your saying stuff about other groups of people, but is in an industry that is not very pro left, an employer will take action to terminate. And then such politics or protest that one attends shows up on social media. That can distance love ones, romantic interest, colleagues and employer. That's why if anyone has extreme progressive groups BLM, SJW, Antifa or radical feminists, try to be or remained employed in academia, publishing, journalism, media which tend to have a left stance. PBS politically supposed to be centered. White Nationalism and Antifa wont fly there.

Last edited by Verifiedcheckmark; 07-30-2019 at 08:05 AM..

Old 07-30-2019, 07:19 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Low hanging fruit. Now if only the rest were chopped

Old 07-30-2019, 07:21 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
That "journalist" is clearly an idiot, but NPR (or any company on earth for that matter) have no control over what people do in their private lives.

Good on NPR for letting him go once they found out.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:22 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
she called the terrorist attack at the Tacoma ICE facilty 'an act of righteous sabotage' ?

better learn to code you cretin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies