U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 09:33 AM

16,094 posts, read 6,342,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
A Trump victory or a Saudi victory? It damned sure wasn't a victory for our nation.
What makes you so sure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 09:39 AM

9,448 posts, read 4,325,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
Am I the only conservative leaning person who doesn't think this is a good thing?
What would be your alternative suggestion?

`

Old 07-31-2019, 09:40 AM

9,448 posts, read 4,325,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
This is so bat**** crazy, I can't even.

I know you believe in your own alternate earth, but here on this one, the 9/11 bombers were identified shortly after the act. Their names and pasts are known. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijack...ber_11_attacks
For starters, never use Wiki as a source to make your point, as no one is going to trust them as a reliable source of accurate information.
That said, I am well aware of the nationality of the various scumbags involved with 9/11, and yes most of them were from SA.

While I did not take offense to your comment, lets be clear about something.
Saudi Arabia has never been officially accused of the 9/11 attacks have they?
So if the answer is no, then me saying that, is not "believing an an alternate earth". Frankly anyone believing that SA's government was directly responsible could be accused of such, when no other governing body on earth has made that claim.
Fair enough?

Now on to the most important thing that you may have overlooked or not even read yet. That being my post where I provided proof of my claim;

http://www.city-data.com/forum/55800596-post53.html

I await your reply.

`

Old 07-31-2019, 12:00 PM

18,466 posts, read 8,315,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
For starters, never use Wiki as a source to make your point, as no one is going to trust them as a reliable source of accurate information.
That said, I am well aware of the nationality of the various scumbags involved with 9/11, and yes most of them were from SA.

While I did not take offense to your comment, lets be clear about something.
Saudi Arabia has never been officially accused of the 9/11 attacks have they?
So if the answer is no, then me saying that, is not "believing an an alternate earth". Frankly anyone believing that SA's government was directly responsible could be accused of such, when no other governing body on earth has made that claim.
Fair enough?

Now on to the most important thing that you may have overlooked or not even read yet. That being my post where I provided proof of my claim;

http://www.city-data.com/forum/55800596-post53.html

I await your reply.

`
Even wiki can get the names and nationalities of the 9/11 attackers correct. They were just the handiest place to get the list.

As for the Saudi government being "officially" accused, of course they weren't. Members of the bin Laden family were flown out of the US, when the rest of us were grounded. Now I'll bet that the CIA/NSA does know to what extent the Saudi government was involved, but you and I will never know that. Why? For exactly the same reasons that we sell arms to the Saudis.

I wonder why you think that the relationship between the US and the SA gov is open and aboveboard. It isn't. I am convinced that what we are allowed to know isn't more than 10% of what there is to know.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:31 PM

27,263 posts, read 9,252,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
Am I the only conservative leaning person who doesn't think this is a good thing?
Hummmm….I wonder if John McCain is really dead ?

Old 07-31-2019, 01:32 PM

1,092 posts, read 189,268 times
Quote:
What would be your alternative suggestion?
What is "Not sell them to Saudi Arabia?" for 200 Alex

Old 07-31-2019, 08:59 PM

3,476 posts, read 951,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Another Trump victory, Senate fails to override veto, Trump admin gets the go ahead to sell arms to Saudi Arabia

It was the first veto by the President and 8 plus billion in sales !!! Jobs President !!!

Trump administration gets green light to sell arms to Saudi Arabia, after Senate rejects veto overrides
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...eto-votes-fail

Three votes Monday to override Trump's vetoes failed. Each required a two-thirds vote.

The White House also argued that stopping the sales would send a signal that the United States didn't stand by its partners and allies, particularly at a time when threats from hostile countries such as Iran have been increasing.
This is not a win at all for the USA. I don't think it's in our best interest to be selling our weapons to any country, at all, whatsoever! Especially one as shady as Saudi Arabia.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:03 PM

3,476 posts, read 951,397 times
Quote:
Knowing your posting history you undoubtedly said the exact same thing about president Obama, right?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN11D2JQ

Oh wait, he was part of your team, so anything he did was great, but anything Trump does is evil.

Classic example of TDS on display.
Well, for the record, I was an Obama supporter, but his constant attack on the second amendment ticked me off, so I stopped supporting him. And well, I was a supporter of Trump, but he's been doing some shady stuff as well. Most notable was the claiming he was going to finally pull us out of Afghanistan, but as soon as Netanyahu started making noise, Trump backed down from pulling them out. This selling our arms is another thing I am not happy with. I'm just hoping that maybe they have tracking devices on them so we can keep tabs of where they are going.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:48 AM

27,263 posts, read 9,252,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
This is not a win at all for the USA. I don't think it's in our best interest to be selling our weapons to any country, at all, whatsoever! Especially one as shady as Saudi Arabia.
So who would you turn over our #1 position too !!! Russia, China, France, UK, or does it matter ?

Old 08-01-2019, 06:48 AM

9,573 posts, read 4,896,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Well, for the record, I was an Obama supporter, but his constant attack on the second amendment ticked me off, so I stopped supporting him. And well, I was a supporter of Trump, but he's been doing some shady stuff as well. Most notable was the claiming he was going to finally pull us out of Afghanistan, but as soon as Netanyahu started making noise, Trump backed down from pulling them out. This selling our arms is another thing I am not happy with. I'm just hoping that maybe they have tracking devices on them so we can keep tabs of where they are going.
Netanyahu convinced Trump not to pull troops out of Afghanistan ? I've seen plenty of ways Israel and Jews supposedly control the U.S., but that's a new one for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies