U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:43 PM

8,938 posts, read 4,476,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I believe you're right on all recalled occurrences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Thanks. It's just baffling that I can't find the interviews now. I tried all search engines, and nothing.

I also know that it was around Christmas time when this all happened, because I happened to work with and have family and friends where they all have loved ones stationed in Afghanistan and other parts of the Middle East, were overjoyed about them coming home. Saying it was an early Christmas present for them. But then the news was redacted and they were all upset about the end result a few weeks later.

I also remember being skeptical of Trump's statements of withdrawing troops from Afghanistan and Syria, and thinking, I'll believe it when I see it. Then I started seeing both on the CBS evening news, and some forums I follow, showing interviews with the likes of Pompeo, Bolton and Netanyahu being displeased about Trump's actions concerning the Middle East. I remember thinking, this is going to tell us if Trump is with us, or with THEM. Sure enough, about a week later, I saw female reporters attacking Trump about him not withdrawing the troops, and he says it's going to take time. I rolled my eyes so hard when he said that, and it's when I realized, he's probably been threatened by these people to do their bidding. Reminds me when Jason Chaffetz finally got his subpoena to investigate the Federal Reserve, and no more than two weeks later, he's announcing his resignation, claiming "my family is more important than some job". I know exaclty what he was talking about, and it's sad to realize, the USA is truly gone. How can we beat these people who have control over every aspect of our lives?
I'd say, get on a boat and head for the new world, but that's been done already ...
Quote:
I tried all search engines, and nothing.

I also know that it was around Christmas time when this all happened
This may be some of it here ...
Netanyahu: Israel able to defend itself despite U.S. withdrawal from Syria

Then remember Mathis ... ?
Analysis Trump’s Syria Withdrawal and Mattis’ Resignation Startle Israel – and Undercut Netanyahu

Trump begins to back peddle:

Trump Adviser Bolton Says U.S. Withdrawal From Syria Is Conditional On Defeat Of ISIS
Quote:
Trump's statements of withdrawing troops from Afghanistan and Syria
Where as you connected the dots on that (and I hope I did your dots justice) what I've connected ... Bush to withdraw troops, then a rampage begins and the troops end up staying. Obama to withdraw troops, same thing ... rampage; troops stay ...

This is an (imo) an economic war ... we are not getting out of without true grit.

If it were me, I'd stop announcing anything and tell the troops, roll it up boys; we're going home and if they follow, shoot 'em. Any one who thinks it can't be that simple ... yes it can.

PS: here is an interesting tid bit:
Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia Approved Despite German Arms Embargo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:45 PM

13,555 posts, read 6,457,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It's disgusting what Trump does.
We’re you disgusted by the Iran deal? Obama dropped a billion in cash there.

Old Today, 07:47 PM

7,203 posts, read 2,650,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
We’re you disgusted by the Iran deal? Obama dropped a billion in cash there.
Obama unfroze assets owned by Iran. U.S. payed zero. So no. I am not disgusted. Any deal with Iran would include unfreezing their assets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies