U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:41 AM

18,452 posts, read 8,300,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Lots of criminals are stupid. Some walk around with a pink purse, others wear their name tag, etc.

It is still a crime. If she had reported the leak without downloading the data that may have been different. Maybe she would have been a Whistleblower. Now she is going to be a felon.
Assuming she is legally sane, I'm sure she knew that. Except that it IS mystifying why she talked about doing it in public. Oh well. Her life, and she's welcome to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:36 AM

1,433 posts, read 557,011 times
I wish she would have made my car note balance show as $0 while she was in there. Why can't the hackers ever do anything useful like wipe out our balances?

Old Today, 10:38 AM

10,324 posts, read 6,324,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Reading is gift!

Paige A. Thompson
Holy wow...lighten up Francis....it was a joke. Trinity was the name of the hacker in the Matrix movies.

Old Today, 10:41 AM

32,168 posts, read 36,785,326 times
Hopefully Capital One sends me $125 also.

Old Today, 10:48 AM

66,764 posts, read 30,489,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It doesn't matter how she self-identifies; the important thing is how our information seems to be at high risk with so many companies.
All it took was a misconfigured firewall. I, myself, while not even attempting to hack into anything, have been able to access others' personal data on website portals that should have been behind a correctly configured firewall.

Internet Security is lax in FAR too many corporations and government agencies/entities. That's why we're seeing the "data ransom" cases, even affecting public schools and government agencies including court systems.

Old Today, 10:52 AM

66,764 posts, read 30,489,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Was her name Trinity ?
No. She calls herself "erratic."

Old Today, 11:20 AM

138 posts, read 55,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Just because she doesn't have a baby face and a tiny button nose?

She looks like a woman to me, like one that does too much running.
He/she looks like a man trying to look like a woman. If you read about him/her, he/she is crazy. Go ahead and call me a bigot, I don't care.

Old Today, 11:32 AM

15,656 posts, read 13,614,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Looks female to me. And I'm a female.

I can't help but wonder why anyone thinks that women aren't capable of hacking.
It is a male, not female.

No one said women are not capable of hacking, but, just how many women have been involved in the top 20 largest hacks?

Old Today, 11:33 AM

6,326 posts, read 5,611,200 times
I hope this doesn't get recorded as a female crime, it messes with statistics to record crimes according to self-identified gender rather than sex.

Old Today, 12:44 PM

25,977 posts, read 39,278,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
It is a male, not female.

No one said women are not capable of hacking, but, just how many women have been involved in the top 20 largest hacks?
The one that got pardoned by Obama, entered the stats as a man and then became a woman, so how will that be counted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or