U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:04 PM

392 posts, read 479,593 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry to the PC people but if that's a woman them I'm blind. I've seen other pictures of this "woman". That is a man face. I want to see a birth certificate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:16 PM

905 posts, read 199,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/07/...s-106m-people/

Sadly, one "woman" can breach 106 million peoples data!

I never expected this to be done by one person. This time it is done by someone who identifies as a female.

I wonder if Amazon got breached to as the "woman" worked for Amazon.
One person is all it takes to find a computing security flaw, especially when the security is sloppy. (As it was, for example, with the Equifax data breach.) If we want this stuff to end, we would need to ban mass customer data collection.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/busin...ach/index.html

To me it sounds like they may have been storing PII on Amazon cloud servers. A dubious practice at best. Hopefully we'll hear more.

Old Today, 03:09 PM

18,452 posts, read 8,300,033 times
Apparently, some people think it is more acceptable for their info to be hacked by a person with testicles.

Me, I'd prefer that my data not be hacked at all. I guess I'm peculiar that way.

Old Today, 03:23 PM

66,764 posts, read 30,489,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
One person is all it takes to find a computing security flaw, especially when the security is sloppy. (As it was, for example, with the Equifax data breach.) If we want this stuff to end, we would need to ban mass customer data collection.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/busin...ach/index.html

To me it sounds like they may have been storing PII on Amazon cloud servers. A dubious practice at best. Hopefully we'll hear more.
The security was sloppy in this case, too. Misconfigured firewall, and why in the hell were the personal data files not encrypted? Especially if they're in the cloud? Really?

I advised a CPA friend who wasn't very tech savvy but was all excited about uploading all their clients' files to "the cloud" so any associate could access clients' files regardless of which branch or client location they were in at the time when this was all pretty new around 2010 that if they're going to do that, at the VERY least, password protect the files, encrypt the password, AND encrypt the files, or they'd be liable for any public exposure of sensitive personal/corporate data.

Quote:
...storing PII on Amazon cloud servers
With a misconfigured firewall. Yikes.

Old Today, 03:37 PM

4,788 posts, read 942,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
I wish she would have made my car note balance show as $0 while she was in there. Why can't the hackers ever do anything useful like wipe out our balances?
That has the set-up for a low-budget comedy movie!

Old Today, 03:49 PM

12,309 posts, read 8,130,496 times
Most hacks are not sophisticated. They are done by opportunistic people who have obtained passwords and know things about certain companies technical infrastructures.

Old Today, 04:02 PM

1,393 posts, read 414,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
So this person has the ability to hack into a major corporations computer system but cant figure out what sex he/she is?
I thought what a bizarre looking person, like a corpse. Probably complete night owl and gets very little sleep or nutrition. Then I read where shes a trans. Another disturbed person.

Old Today, 04:03 PM

5,338 posts, read 3,351,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Hopefully Capital One sends me $125 also.
Depending on how many people file a claim for the Equafax class action lawsuit, you might end with a quarter.

In order for you to get the $125, 248,000 people or less need to file a claim. If 1 million people ask for the money, theyll be eligible for just $31 each. If every single one of the 147 million affected people sign up, theyll be looking at 21 cents each!

Old Today, 05:22 PM

22,844 posts, read 16,910,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Looks female to me. And I'm a female.

I can't help but wonder why anyone thinks that women aren't capable of hacking.
You must be joking. He is very clearly a male.

Edit: In fact, let me help you with that:

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; Today at 05:42 PM..

Old Today, 05:51 PM

27,169 posts, read 19,202,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Looks female to me. And I'm a female.

I can't help but wonder why anyone thinks that women aren't capable of hacking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I'm sorry to the PC people but if that's a woman them I'm blind. I've seen other pictures of this "woman". That is a man face. I want to see a birth certificate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You must be joking. He is very clearly a male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or