U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 11:14 AM

40,609 posts, read 40,139,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Thereís a fix, and it worked for years and years. Donít allow biological men to compete in womenís sports. Simple.
Well, yeah, that is true. The hyper PC culture now would say that it's a form of discrimination. Last time I checked facts are just facts. We can't wish them away. In some respects bio men have advantages over bio women. Nothing good or bad with that statement, it just is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 11:38 AM

6,330 posts, read 5,612,941 times
No Hubbard shouldn't be allowed to compete as a woman. No amount of hormone therapy changes the effect testosterone has on the body - no one who has gone through male puberty, no matter how they identify, should be competing against people who have not gone through male puberty. It's utterly unfair. Either have a separate category for transgender people or keep the male category open to all and restrict female category to females.

Old 07-30-2019, 11:41 AM

3,250 posts, read 1,716,478 times
Bending over backwards for .3% of the population. PC craziness!!

Old 07-30-2019, 11:52 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,240,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
No Hubbard shouldn't be allowed to compete as a woman. No amount of hormone therapy changes the effect testosterone has on the body - no one who has gone through male puberty, no matter how they identify, should be competing against people who have not gone through male puberty. It's utterly unfair. Either have a separate category for transgender people or keep the male category open to all and restrict female category to females.
The IAAF has legal limits on the amount of testosterone female athletes can possess and still be able to participate. Many "naturally" born female athletes have a hard time staying under the legal limits. I'm kind of surprised that this trans person is able to stay under the limits for the reasons you described in your post.

Old 07-30-2019, 11:58 AM

11,788 posts, read 8,344,774 times
I don't understand why these people just realize that they can no longer participate in these competitions. They are doing no service whatsoever for their transgender cause. In fact, I think they are setting back the transgender movement every time they step on the stage.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:00 PM
miu

17,214 posts, read 34,732,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Something has to be done about this. Maybe have a trans category, I don't know. Some sports bio men can really dominate and doesn't seem to be fair to the bio women. Not sure what the fix is for this.
Agree!!! There should be a trans category. It is obvious to the rest of us.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:02 PM

10,174 posts, read 6,364,029 times
You came a long way babe only to be dicked over again (pun intended).

Old 07-30-2019, 12:05 PM

17,255 posts, read 13,820,243 times
I recently had a discussion with a couple who support Hubbard, and they were unwilling to say what Hubbard's winning formula was - I find this a common attitude among those who support biological males competing against women.

Their notion of respecting a person's self identity, overrides their sense of fair play in sports.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:07 PM

3,484 posts, read 1,364,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I don't understand why these people just realize that they can no longer participate in these competitions. They are doing no service whatsoever for their transgender cause. In fact, I think they are setting back the transgender movement every time they step on the stage.
It's already happening. LBGTQIAXYZblahblahblah support is dropping -- not among crusty old baby boomers, but among Millenials and Gen Zers, their previous strongest allies. Why? Because they're tired of the militancy that demands increasingly esoteric and indefensible intellectual and social concessions from them.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:08 PM

16,886 posts, read 9,167,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Actually, the boy in Texas was a female-to-male transgender on testosterone.
A born male takes that same dosage he gets tossed out of competitions for cheating.

Yea for liberalism and it's fairness! Liberalism certainly doesn't want true equality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies