U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM

5,723 posts, read 4,252,274 times

Advertisements

Stupid wins again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM

461 posts, read 84,220 times
I’m all for it, I’m sure the next olympics will just be some leftist infested political circle jerk anyways. Anything that further damages the legitimacy of the event is a good thing in my eyes.

Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM

9,564 posts, read 4,893,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
It is sort of like the boy who won the girls wrestling championship in Texas. At a certain point common sense needs to prevail. Unfortunately we see another example of PC ruining everything.
What I'm waiting for is a whole bunch of HS or college males not quite good enough for the varsity team to identify as female and take over the girls basketball, track, softball, swimming, etc. teams. Better yet, for transgender men to compete for spots on national teams like the Olympics or World Cup. It will take something like that for women to figure out whose side to take.

Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM

14,260 posts, read 6,154,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Still a girl.
Which is why she had to compete as her biological sex, but they need to make transgenders on hormones not compete at all, or compete in their own category.

Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM

17,255 posts, read 13,820,243 times
I think the good news is that eventually this will stop and sanity will prevail, as it isn't primarily an issue of transgender-ism, but an issue of fairness in sport.

Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM

21,442 posts, read 22,000,772 times
I bet all the other ladies that were getting regularly beaten by the former #1 weight lifter are now secretly happy that she is no longer #1

Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM

10,116 posts, read 8,140,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Freedom to ruin women's sports! Yay freedom!

Team Blue, you'd maybe stand a chance of defeating Trump in 2020 if you'd stop pushing so many voters into his camp.
LOL if I were one of Trumps campaign guys I would make sure the question gets asked in the next Dem debate: "Raise your hand if you believe transgender (male to female) individuals should be allowed to compete in womens Olympics and pro sports."

Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM

18,361 posts, read 9,037,285 times
I can't wait when the daughters of these WOKE, White, Progressive, Democrat suburbanites realize little Brittany won't be getting that college scholarship after all because a TRANS woman is getting it. Oh, no we're going to have to sell my Beemer, and your Lexus SUV honey! NO!!!!!!!!!

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM

621 posts, read 470,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Laurel Hubbard was born a man and was into weightlifting without much success. However, in her 30s she transitioned to being a woman and now at 41 is dominating women's weightlifting competitions. She just won 2 Golds and a Silver medal in her 3 events including beating out the strongest woman from the most recent commonwealth games.

An organization called "Speak up for women" is arguing that people born as men should not be allowed to compete as women, while others are saying that speak up for women is being discriminatory and hurtful.

Should Laurel Hubbard be allowed to compete in the Olympics with the women?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...cid=spartanntp

Ironically, contemporary feminists embrace of anti scientific postmodernism and their use of PC browbeating and social intimidation as tactics have enabled the more extreme aspects of the transgender movement that now irk many of them to advance with no resistance, because biological facts and common sense now cower before their movement.
And I say this as someone who is both pro feminism and pro LTGBQ rights.

When it comes to athletic competition, science has to take precedence over feelings. When they make the decision to transition, they are making a choice with consequences that will require they sacrifice some other things.

Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM

6,621 posts, read 3,672,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I think the good news is that eventually this will stop and sanity will prevail, as it isn't primarily an issue of transgender-ism, but an issue of fairness in sport.
I don't think so. Political norms won't be stopped by a sports field. Saying, under penalty of being banned in many places for using the wrong gender pronoun, that you are a woman until you step across this line will not work in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies